Browns at Giants

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by dj illmatic 23, Oct 3, 2012.

1. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Travis Benjamin "Returns" the Browns to the Win Column

Cleveland ( dj illmatic 23 )- 38
    at
    NY Giants ( BlyGilmore )- 17
    While the Cleveland Browns passing game continues to get worse as the season progresses, the running game and return game showed they are a force to be reckoned with. Rookie WR Travis Benjamin, from The U, had 343 return yards and returned a punt and a kick for a TD to lead the Browns to a 38-17 win over Giants. Benamin's performance overshadowed two amazing performances on the opposite ends of the spectrum. HB Trent Richardson rushed for 169 yards on 21 carries and scored twice, including a 78 yard TD run. Meanwhile, the Browns passing game continues to struggle. QB Brandon Weeden completed only 5 of 14 passes and threw 3 interceptions. All of the incompletions can are not completely Weeden's fault though. Brown's receivers continue to drop passes and let their QB down.

For the Browns' defense, CB Joe Haden had three interceptions to slow down the Giants offense. QB Eli Manning played relatively well throwing for 246 yards and 2 TD's. However, with Cleveland hitting them with so many big plays the Giants could not overcome Eli's mistakes. Cleveland shut down the Giants running game. They held Ahmad Bradshaw to 18 yards on 14 carries. The win moves the Browns to 2-3. They host the Browns next week. The Giants fall to 2-3 as they travel to take on San Francisco next week.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Trent Richardson is a beast in this game. It's almost unfair lol.

3. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Bly did a good job of containing him for the most part other than two long runs. The return game won me the game. I had the two TD's and another punt I took down to the one. First time this year he's made plays. My passing game is atrocious though:(