Browns defeat Ravens in hard fought battle

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by dablakpope, Mar 3, 2014.

1. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

This is what the "Q" is all about. 2 quality ballers taking no prisoners and playing an excellent game. This game could have went either was but I was lucky enough to be on the winning end, yes lucky. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.
    The Ravens would receive the ball first and immediately go to work, mixing up passing and runs culminating with TD strike to Wr T. Smith. The Browns would get the ball only to go 3 and out because the Ravens defense was simply on fire. Tyrod Taylor is his first game back after missing 5 games with injury, looked a little rusty on the outset as well. The Ravens would continue to move the ball but once in the red zone, the Browns defense would finally show up and force the Ravens to settle for a fg. Down by 10 the Browns were determined not to let this game get away from them. On the next Brown offensive possesion, Taylor came our firing. He connected on 2 big pass plays and the Browns were down by 3 as Taylor would hit Wr Patterson for a TD. The Browns defense would force a turnover on downs and with about 4 minutes left in the half drove down the field on a possesion capped off by a short run by T - Rich for the score. The Browns were now up 14-10 with 1:30 left in the half. That would prove more than enough time for Joe Flacco to work his magic. "Just Joe" would connect on several precisely thrown balls, the last one to Wr T. Smith for a TD to go up 17-14 at the half.
    The Browns would get the ball to start the 2nd half. While moving the ball down the field OLB would pick off T. Taylor and squash the drive. With a short field the Ravens were primed to take control and go make it a double digit lead. However, it was not to be as Flacco would be picked off by MLB Z. Gooden for his league leading 11 int. Down by four, and the ball deep in their own territory T. Taylor would go to work. Mixing in runs and passes he would eventually run it in from 22 yards out. It would be a costly score though. As he entered the end zone, fs M. Elam would deliver a crushing blow and knock him silly. He would be out the game with a concussion. Now up by 21-17 at the start of the 4th both teams would have empty possesions. The Ravens and "Just Joe" would get hot once again and drive down to cap their drive with a TD on a run by Rb A. Ellington to take a 24-21 lead. With J. Webb in at qb this would be the drive that could possibly define the Browns season. Handing the ball off to T - Rich and hitting short passes to keep the defense honest, the team would face 3 and 5 on the 8 yard line of their opponent. QB J. Webb would come out in a 3 wr set and hit Wr C. Gates for a 8 yard score. Up 28-24 with 1:10 left in the game, the coaching staff was uneasy because of the way Flacco handle himself before the half. And Flacco came out firing, connecting on 2 passes. On the next play though he would be picked off by Cb J. Gordy to seal the win. Great Game Preachamane! We always play each other tough. See you the last game of the season. Good luck the rest of the way (well not really but it sounds good) LOL!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Josh Barnes

Josh Barnes Walk On

Good stuff pope. My only issue with the write up, minus the score obviously ;) is that it's preachamane not preachermane! Lol. Good game tho. Looking forward to another classic come week 17! Good luck and see ya then.

3. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

My bad, smart phone auto corrected

4. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

Correction made. Lol

5. Josh Barnes

Josh Barnes Walk On

Haha I feel ya. Something happened to me. I almost missed spelled my own name when giving you a hard time about spelling it. Haha