Browns force 3 turnovers in win over Ravens

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by dablakpope, Nov 13, 2013.

1. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

Trust me when I say that this game was tough as nails, edge of your seat action. The Browns would receive the ball and have some success moving in on the ground only to have it stall after a couple of dropped passes by the young wr corp. After the punt Ray Rice would take the handoff on a counter and run over one player and stiff arm another en route to an 80 plus yard touchdown. The Browns knew they could not wilt under this pressure and put together their own Td drive capped off by a T. Rich run. Not to be outdone, The Ravens drove down the field and scored another touchdown. My Browns were unable to tie the game and settled for a fg. With the score 14-10 and the Ravens looking like they were about to take decisive control of the game IT happened. With about 2 minutes left in the half and the Ravens driving J. Flacco was picked off by cb C. Culliver and he returned it to 15 yard line. From there T. Rich would run it in for the Td. Now with less than a minute the Ravens would again be moving the ball only to have Flacco picked off by Fs T. Gipson. The Browns would capitalize again and make it 24-14. In the second half the Browns offense went to sleepand was only able to get a fg. But here's the meat of the game. With the ball on the 5 yard line and a 3 point lead, the Browns were shut down and unable to get score after they went for it on 4th down. The Ravens would take over on the 3 yard line and less than 1:30 and no timeouts. Flacco would hit Wr D. Thompson for a 60 yard gain. After an incomplete pass, Flacco would be picked off my mlb C. Robertson to seal the game. GG Josh, I know part 2 is gonna be just as exciting.

Key stats

Ray Rice 16 carries for 159 yard 2 TD

T. Richardson 14 carries for 136 yard 2 td

• Like Like x 1
  2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Nice win Pope. Sounds like it was a good one.

3. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

It was a slobber knocker!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Josh Barnes

Josh Barnes Walk On

gg dablakpope

I had my chances late in the game, but your D stepped up to the table. We are counting down the days until the rematch!

• Like Like x 1