Bruce back to Rams?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Bruce back to Rams?

I wanted to bring this up here and not in the main forum so we can discuss amoungst guys with cooler heads.

I really dont like bending our rule in all honestly. The rule that we agreed to change states that you get one team swap per version of Madden. Like coach KO mentioned, this league is turning into a revolving door....its not good for anybody here.

Also, we just appointed Bruce as AFC Prez and were finding a new NFC Prez. Now we will have to switch him back.

All this said, because it was literally for less than a week I am willing to say OK to this. It's his favorite team. However, he will not have any more team swaps for the rest of Madden 11.

Also, we need to make sure this doesn't open up the 'Well Bruce swapped twice so why can't I' kind of thing

Also we will need to find a new AFC Prez if he swaps back.

2. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

One other thing, Bruce never did actually play a game as the Jets. I agree, though, to appease people who would cry foul, this would have to cover his one team swap, but he seems okay with it. Bruce also made a strong point, for the good of the league, if he doesn't take the Rams, they are going to be a revolving door of ownership, well, because they are the Rams. (no offense Bruce)

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

The Jets will not be a hard team to replace with new ownership. Plus there are more possibilities of getting a Jets fan his team because...well...there are more avid Jets fans out there than Rams fans. Just a fact of good team versus not so good team.

I'd rather have our "lower" teams populated with owners we know won't switch or go anywhere. One reason I switched to the Lions. Now we know we won't have to keep worrying about filling a bad Lions team.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I have opened the JETS.
    Bruce please regain ownership of Rams.

We are going to need 1 new owner either for Jets or another team.

Any suggestions?

5. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

I was interested in the AFC President position before if it is needed again please let me know.

6. Big D

Big D Walk On

Let's get Scikotic back. . .

:bangnana:

lol, jokes

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Sorry fellas I didnt mean to cause issues here, I just felt it best for both the league and me n my Rams if I take ownership and stay there.

If I dont they will never get the care and attention they need.

Sounds like a baby eh?

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

No, it sounds reasonable. Like I said before, I would rather have guys who are bought into the league 110% owning the "bad" teams so that way we DON'T have people leaving every week because they are saddled with the Rams/Lions/Bills/Chiefs/Raiders/Jaguars/Bucs (just naming off the NFL's "bad" teams; no slight to owners that have them here!). I honestly don't mind owning the Lions; call it a different mindset, but so far I haven't been demolished yet with them, and I have no talent whatsoever. Just wait until I get a draft and some free agents, guys. ;) I beat the Jets and for 3+ quarters had the Cowboys on the ropes. If not for no receiving corps whatsoever (*grumble grumble* CJ *grumble grumble* *:D at Jeremy*), I would have hung longer and maybe won (or at least earned a replay since we d/ced with 2 minutes left and game in hand for him).

Let's be honest here: last year's version, I was the most stable Chiefs coach we had. I stuck with them for 11 weeks, then went BACK to them for another 5 before my hiatus.

We had a BUNCH of teams last year that just came in and either left league or jumped to a shinier team as soon as it came open.

I like the rule we have about the one switch per version of Madden, but I think we could open up a little caveat: if a guy can prove he's a fan of a team (like Bruce with the Rams, or Nate with the Saints), we should, if the current owner of that team doesn't mind, allow a team trade. I would rather have guys here that love the team they own IF they are guys that stick it out. Say if they are here a full season, they can talk to the owner of "their" team and request league leadership to allow a team switch IF both sides don't mind the team.

Example: If I am here a year and am a DIEHARD Saints fan, if Nate is willing to take the Lions, I could have the Saints even though I swapped teams already. Extreme example, I know, but best I could do on short notice.

Does that make sense? lol

9. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I like it Winuvas. I would suggest adding that BOTH owners would have to be tenured OMFL owners.

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I agree, Jeremy. Both owners would have to have a full season in the OMFL (16 games continuously). Obviously both would have to agree to the swap.

I'd also suggest that both owners would have to have no gameplay warnings against them. If either one of them does then the switch could not be made.

I'd be okay though with allowing a switch even with gameplay warnings as long as they are not on a final warning (not sure how many warnings you get honestly, but basically on their last strike before a boot vote can be called).

Again, my part in this discussion is for the good of the league, even though it allows extra switches. It does give those newbies that come in a chance, though, to prove themselves as worthy owners, and that if you are good, that you have a chance to be rewarded in kind with your team if you want them. Would also encourage discussion amongst owners as well (Hey, Jeremy, I'm a HUGE Colts fan, but right now I have the Lions. Any chance that when I hit my year anniversary gamewise, you might consider letting me have my team? I would REALLY appreciate it!).

Can only be good for the league in my opinion.