Bruin Beat Report

Discussion in 'The Underclassmen' started by Mcwoods06, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Mcwoods06

Mcwoods06 Walk On

Daily Bruin.png

Week 7
    The Bruins are finally coming home for their home opener after being on the road for a SEC road tour that lead to a 1-2 start to the season. Our Bruins were able to knock off the Utes in their Pac-12 opener. So now the Bruins head home with a 2-2 record and a big game versus their rival the Bears of California. The Bruins are welcoming 17 recruits to witness the transformation of a new beast in the City of Angels!!! Tune in to witness a BEAR beat down in LA.... Coach Woods is excited to welcome a new brand of football to Bruin Nation.

We will have exclusive both interview with Coach Woods following the game.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mcwoods06

Mcwoods06 Walk On

large_bruinsnation.com.full.69502.png

Bruins looking forward to the challenge of facing the DUCKS in Eugene. This is an opportunity for the Bruins to turn the corner. Coach Mora has the Bruins attention: When asked a about this year's schedule recently Coach Mora told a group of alumni, "Think of it like a video game with variable difficulty settings. Last year, with a very forgiving schedule, We met our baseline expectations, landing 9 wins and beating Southern Cal. This year, we'll need to do the same, but we've turned the dial up from "all-american" to "heisman" difficulty. More road games, better teams (Oregon instead of Oregon State), and taking on Lane at the Coliseum. "

If Mora wants to show UCLA that he is the real deal and that UCLA is on the upward swing, he'll need to replicate last season's results on the higher difficulty setting.

Pic .jpg

3. Mcwoods06

Mcwoods06 Walk On

large_bruinsnation.com.full.69502.png
    Press Conference with Bruins Head Coach Jim Mora, JR.

On level of excitement?
    “We’re happy to be 4-0 in conference. We’re not satisfied with the way we have played. I’m excited about the prospects of playing better. I’m excited because of the way our student athletes are approaching the task at hand. They’re serious and trying to get better.”

On Brett Hundley struggling:
    “When i went up to Hundley late in the fourth quarter he said, ‘Hey coach, that’ll never happen again.’ He said it with real conviction. He’s real sincere. He was in here yesterday and this morning watching film. I told him, ‘Look, you’re a young guy. You’re going to have games like that. Let’s make sure we learn from it and get better going forward.’ I have a great feeling that Hundley will respond. He is my guy!!!”

See you guys after the Colorado game......

• Like Like x 1