BS occuring RIGHT NOW - STOP IT

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

BS occuring RIGHT NOW - STOP IT

/rant on

Okay, this is total BS. This is why I HATE working on cap books.

Does NO ONE understand how damn difficult it is to set up 32 official team books? Other than Wajy and Dunn? Anyone wanna volunteer to do this? What? No hands going up? That's what I thought.

WHY ARE PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT TRADES?????

WHY ARE PEOPLE POSTING TRADES DURING A DEAD TIME?????

NO movement right now. NONE.

HOW HARD IS THIS TO COMPREHEND?

/rant off

We are trying to lock down modifiers so people are not overpaying players and the like. And people are posting trades in the trade forum, then posting in the front office thread as if the trade is already passed. This is NOT cool, folks.

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

YOU are 100% right, but chill just a bit. Don't process them and ignore the post in team management thread.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I am. Some teams though have done no other post than a trade post.

Patriots are one team. I am about to lock in their roster for week 1 as is. They did no free agent stuff.

My point is owners are not making the job easy at all. It's hard for the cap crew to get an accurate posting of rosters if the owners are not being accurate in their postings of transactions.

4. natedawg212000

I know bud. Send him a message. If its still screwed up tomorrow then lock him

5. natedawg212000

he said he didn't sign any fa's only trades. i told him to send you a pm

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

What I am about to do is lock threads of teams that are fixed and official.

If you guys need to unlock those threads (since most all of you have moderator powers), then do so.

7. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Sorry that is why dunlap and I mentioned it was not to be official until the start of week #2 but still we could have held that one out of the posting until Saturday, sorry and understand.

8. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Also I worked today and as soon as my kids are done with baths I will be on for a few hours to help. I was on a little today via my itouch...

9. Big D

Big D Walk On

Yes I apologize as well. But I fixed it :D

I think we are spot on in my book. . .you just had Mike Thomas still on my roster. He was traded last week for Merriman.

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I think so.

I have been locking threads of teams that I have finished.

I also had a change of schedule for tomorrow and will be going in early, so I'm pretty much done with updates for this evening.

Dunn or Wajy, if you have time, please continue updating these threads and getting done what you can.

Once the season starts, whoever is up and on at that timeframe can unlock any locked threads of front office stuff.

Thanks guys.

11. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Im trying as hard as I can stuff is posted without pplayer positions, how players were acuired/traded. Most owners have posted in the team office in a sign and release format not telling me if trades have accurred. Then to make sure I have to go back to the trade screen to check if players were involved in a trade. Very time consuming, once this is setteled we need to come up with a strict and simple way to post in the team front office thread so its easy for owners, as well as easy to track from a cap book perspective.

12. natedawg212000

guys i am very sorry. i really thought i walked everyone through step by step of exactly how to post these. if you look at mine, tell owners THATS what they are suppose to look like

13. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

The teams I went through were a bear as well. We'll have to teach people how to copy/paste their rosters and do tables I reckon. Perhaps we should have an excel class? lol