BSC Bowl Outlook

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by OsirisMonster, Nov 22, 2010.

1. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

BSC Outlook 2011
    ACC
    The title game in the ACC is a lock with #12 Florida State 9-2 (7-1) facing off against #23 North Carolina 8-3 (6-2). Florida State gets the nod over #10 Clemson due their week 11 31-14 victory over the Tigers. Look for Florida State to take home the ACC title and a berth in the Orange Bowl.

Big Ten
    Few conferences are as jumbled at the top as the Big Ten. Currently there are three teams sitting with one conference loss but only one of those will be Rose Bowl bound. #17 Michigan 8-2 (6-1), #8 Iowa 9-2 (6-1), and #7 Ohio State 10-1 (6-1) are the one conference loss teams looking to win the Big Ten. Leading the way are the Michigan Wolverines. Having already beaten Iowa in week 9 40-30, the Wolverines will win the Big Ten with a victory against Ohio State in the Big House this week. Should the Wolverines loose Iowa could win the Big Ten with a win over Minnesota this week. Ohio State would need to beat Michigan and have Iowa loose to win the Big Ten. Look for Iowa to take the Big Ten title for the second straight year following a Michigan loss at home to an Ohio State determined to avoid back to back losses.

Big 12
    Unranked Nebraska has clinched the Big 12 North with their 8-3 (5-2) conference record. In the Big 12 South #5 Texas has control of the division with a 10-1 (6-1) record and victory against #3 Oklahoma 10-1 (7-1). A Texas win against Texas A&M and they play Nebraska for the Big 12, a loss and Oklahoma plays for the Big 12. Regardless, look for the Big 12 South to dominate Nebraska with Texas likely winning over A&M and securing a Big 12 title.

Big East
    #13 Pittsburgh has clinched the Big East with a 10-1 (6-0) record.

Pac 10
    Out west #1 USC has clinched the Pac 10 with a 9-0 (7-0) record and three game lead going into week 13.

SEC
    #9 Florida 10-1 (7-1) and #2 LSU 10-1 (7-0) have clinched berths to the SEC title game. LSU has already beaten Florida once this year 24-14 at Death Valley so Florida will look for revenge against the only team to beat them this season. Still LSU has looked impressive all season with double digit victories against Florida and Alabama. With a title shot on the line look for LSU to win the SEC.

Predicted BCS Bowl List
    ACC – Florida State
    Big Ten – Iowa
    Big 12 – Texas
    Big East – Pittsburgh
    * Pac 10 – USC
    * SEC – LSU

BSC At-Large Invites
    Oklahoma
    Boise State
    Ohio State
    Clemson

Left Out
    Penn State
    Notre Dame

2. bdub

bdub Walk On

I like it...Thanks for the update

3. Goose

Goose Walk On

Look for Iowa to hold a share of the Big Ten title with Ohio State for the second straight year.

4. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Yeah but only one team makes it to the Rose Bowl and I think tie breakers will make that be Iowa (assuming they use head to head as a tie breaker)

5. Goose

Goose Walk On

I know, just wanted to point out I'd still be a piece of the Big Ten champ, to make myself feel better. Hopefully Iowa losses ;) though I'm sure he'll win.

6. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I'm hoping for a user Bowl game.

7. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

This may be moot if there is a second bid given to the Big Ten. PSU is the highest ranked Big Ten team in the current BCS standings... I think the at larges go by that ranking. Here are the rankings: [​IMG]

8. Goose

Goose Walk On

That's absolutely crazy since you lost to both OSU and Iowa (albeit sim) lol.

9. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I think beating Alabama has helped me...maybe the fact that I lost both of my games early, while you guys have lost late?

10. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I predict a win against Big Ten leading and ranked Michigan propels Ohio State above Penn State in the BCS rankings.

11. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Not necessarily, Michigan is only ranked #16...not a big win in the eyes of the computer.

12. Goose

Goose Walk On

It had to be that 70 point win vs. Minn. j/k :)

13. bdub

bdub Walk On

One at large will have to go to Boise State as they are the highest non-AQ team. Other than that I would think Penn State would get into a bcs bowl. Stupid BCS, its a joke even in this game.

14. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I predict a big ohio state road win makes up the .003 they trail in bcs rankings.

15. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Stephfon Green really may carry us to greatness.

16. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I predict a big road win at MSU keeps PSU ahead

17. bdub

bdub Walk On

A win over Michigan is going to push OSU over PSU and PSU is going to get snubbed.

18. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I wouldn't say I got snubbed, I did lose two sims to Iowa and OSU...note I said Simmed...Goose and Iowa aren't going to get that lucky next year.

19. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Im excited to see the bowl announcements

20. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Gotta agree with this. Michigan is ranked. Likely will count as a quality win. NOt sure if MSU will count as the same.

21. egofailure

I had never been given such an easy road to the NC. Dropped the ball with that FSU loss.

22. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

The projections have me in the GMAC Bowl against Northern Illinois. What?

23. egofailure

No way that happens. Typical EA Bowl Prediction error.

24. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Could happen. I've seen worse.

25. Goose

Goose Walk On

I've had a season where three teams from a conference got BCS bids. who knows.