BSC Championship Predictions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by swens26, Jan 30, 2010.

1. swens26

swens26 Walk On

BSC Championship Predictions

USC-17
    Penn State-14

Its hard to call without getting to play against either of these teams but I am going with the commish in this one. I see the team who plays the best D and has the fewest turnovers will be the factor in this game. I am looking at a close but low scoring game with USC coming out on top. It should be an exciting game and would be fun to watch.

2. swens26

swens26 Walk On

I meant BCS not BSC

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

If its any consolation, the scores from my 2 user games were:

45-0
    42-14

I looked through the USC depth chart and yes they are stacked, but this years Penn State team has been fairly impressive so far. Let the trash talking begin....

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I havent played Hokie yet but if he can shut down the run-game of the Trojans, than Penn State has as good a chance as anyone. My bold prediction:

USC - 27
    Penn State - 31

5. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

I'll just say over 65 points scored.

6. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

gonna go with Hova here, just cause he's the commish. No real reasoning behind it.

USC - 38
    PSU - 35

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I have played hokie once before, and it was a close one. I think it may be high scoring as well

8. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

I have not played PSU, but I just think it will be too hard for anyone to shut down McNight on a regular basis. I'll go with USC 31, PSU 27.

I'll set the over/under at 58.

9. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Penn State is fast as any team I've seen in the game. Penn St 35 USC 24

10. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Im taking hova on this one besides the fact that his USC team is stacked with mcknight or the carousel of backs, ive played against him millions of times and i knw even if the run isnt there early he'll stick with his gameplan which isnt just based on being able to do one thing dominantly.... People tend to forget Corp threw for 2702 yards 27 tds with just 14 picks (consider the ratio lol). And big play wr and heisman finalist Ronald johnson is also lost in the RB hype at SC. He caught 65 balls for 1383 yards and 15 TDS

I think the fact that penn state will be so focused on stopping the run it will open things up for Corp and the SC pass game. Plus the penn state offense really just doesnt look to have any type if big play players that SC has, beyond kevin newsome... Newsome is a high risk high reward type Qb throwing for 3004 yards 24 tds but also throwing 24 ints, he also ran for 689 yards and 11 tds fumbling 7 times on the year (hense the big play big reward label)...

The only way i see penn state even being able to keep up with this SC offense is there Defense, but at the same time SC has a pretty insane defense also and i just dont see the penn state offense being able to do too much..

All in all i think this will be a hard fought game by a well coached but overpowered PSU team but SC will pull this one out...

Final Score: USC- 42
    PSU- 28

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

Not sure who to go for here. Both teams have high powered offenses and tough D's. All I can say is when I played PSU his defense attacked my offense like no other and I had the advantage supposedly (when it comes to ratings). And his offense knew where to strike my defense where it hurt. Thus I lost by a large margin. If Hova keeps the mistakes to the minimum he may just come out on top.

I'll go with Hova,

USC 21

PSU 20

12. Hova

Whoever's prediction comes closer to the real prediction will get an extra 4 star next year or somethin lol

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

Not sure who to go for here. Both teams have high powered offenses and tough D's. All I can say is when I played PSU his defense attacked my offense like no other and I had the advantage supposedly (when it comes to ratings). And his offense knew where to strike my defense where it hurt. Thus I lost by a large margin. If Hova keeps the mistakes to the minimum he may just come out on top.

I'll go with Hova,

USC 21

PSU 20

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

PSU ripped me apart. He knows how to exploit weaknesses on both sides of the ball. But I've played Hova and know he can do worse.

USC 21

PSU 20

15. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Where is the respect for #1? Although I have no real info to base this conclusion on:

PSU 42
    USC 38

16. Hova

USC 24
    Penn ST 44

Penn St wins big after a defensive performance that saw 7 sacks with only a 3 man rush. On offense the penn st running could not be stopped as the Oline could block everything, even 9 man blitz's. Penn St had a dominate team on the field. GG Hokie

Big Suge Knight wins the extra 4 star next year for recruiting since he had the closest prediction to the final outcome

17. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Yeah, that was a good call on the final score.