BU QB Robert Griffin to Miss Remainder of Season

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Drifterbub, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    BU QB Robert Griffin to Miss Remainder of Season

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/10130188/Baylor-QB-Griffin-out-for-season-with-injured-knee

Terrible Blow for the Bears who had built some good momentum so far this season. They need this guy if they want to make it to a bowl game for the first time since '98 (I think?).

2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Is Rovert the French pronunciation? :D

3. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

LOL! :monkeybutt:

Drifter got owned by his fat fingers... :eek:

4. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Fixed.

Tools.

5. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Got you a new keyboard Drift.

[​IMG]

6. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    You know what they say about men with big hands....

Plus, they are waaaay better than having ginger hands.

7. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Hardy Har Har Har.. Did a little research to figure out just exactly what a "Drifterbub" is.. Thanks to my friend urbandictionary.com, I was able to get a good lead...

Put the two together.. and everyone say hello to our good gay buddy.. Drifterbub

8. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    oh stop.

*raises arm and flicks wrist slightly forward*

9. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

In all serious business now, this is actually bad news for Baylor and for Robert Griffin.. An ACL tear is never a fun injury to overcome..

It feels like Baylor put a lot of hype on their season because of this guy, which sucks for Blake Szymanski because he had a relatively standout season back in 2007 (2,844 passing yards, 22 TD). But at least he gets a shot in his Senior season to make a bigger name for himself..

10. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

They really needed him this year.... got a very tough schedule coming up, Oklahoma, Ok State, Nebraska, Texas.... it was going to be tough already.... even tougher without him.

11. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Blake Szymanksi is a turd. Remember that those numbers were from Guy Morris' attempt to move to a spread. Shawn Bell was probably their best passer in a while, and that is a lot coming from me. I played him in high school and think he's a douche-nozzle.

Griffin is the best athlete Baylor has seen since sprinter Michael Johnson, you can't replace a guy like that. Fortunately, there is a decent group of young receivers there now, so I don't think their offensive attack will completely stall.

12. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Bell also had Dominique Zeigler to throw to.. that guy could make anything out of nothing

13. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

I was really hoping for a Bowl game for Baylor

14. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

WACO, Texas (AP) - Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin will miss the rest of the season with a right knee injury.

The school announced Sunday that Griffin tore his ACL in the first half of the Bears' 68-13 victory against Northwestern State on Saturday.
    The sophomore star was injured on a fourth-down play when his leg bent awkwardly while being stopped for no gain on a fourth-down play.

After getting his knee heavily wrapped, Griffin kept playing and led Bears to a 41-10 halftime lead. He sat out the second half.

Now that's stupid, what if it was only minor and he blew it completely because they put him back in game. Instead of maybe missing 2-3 weeks, he now misses the whole season.

15. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Bad feeling. I remember when Oregon was ranked #2 and everyone had high hopes for atleast a Rose Bowl Bid, then Dennis Dixon tore his ACL..... we lost the next 3 out of 4 and ended up in the sun bowl I believe.

Baylor's season schedule was hard enough with him, now with out him someone needs to step up.