Bucs clinch playoff berth with 27-13 win over Falcons but it comes with a huge loss.

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by Jeremy, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Oct 8, 2009

Bucs came into this week 15 game reeling as they are riding a 2-game losing streak. Injuries are beginning to take their tole and what was once a 3-game NFC South division lead has shrunk to 1.

The 1st quarter was rather quiet as both teams struggled to move the ball consistently. Things would change early in the 2nd quarter as rookie free agent CB Ira Albury would intercept Falcons QB Ben Roethlisberger's pass intended for WR Julio Jones and use a couple of shifty moves to scamper for the 17-yd pick six. :14 secs later the Flacons would answer right back as Roethlisberger would find Julio Jones singled up down the right sideline for a beautiful 79-yd pitch and catch. Both defenses would settle in after the quick scores and teams exchanged FG's to cap of the 1st half scoring.

Halftime Score

The Bucs would receive the kickoff after the half and steadily put a drive together that was highlighted by a 13-yd TD pass from QB Kyler Barnes to newly signed free agent WR James Jones. The Bucs defense was able to force a couple of Roethlisberger ints int he 3rd quarter but due to a stingy Falcons defense the Bucs were not able to capitalize with points.

3rd Qtr. Score

The Bucs defense would stand tall in the 4th quarter and was able to prevent the Falcons from mounting any type of comeback and would tally 5 interceptions on the day, 2 from CB Ira Albury. Bucs offense would ice the game with :52 secs remaining when newly signed free agent HB Cejay Finch weaved his way through the Falcons defense for the 47yd run and score.

Final Score

GG Michael Overman my defense bailed me out yet again.
    (PS Trade me Julio!!! Dude is a straight up freak!!)

The win did come with what could be a deal breaking loss as I lost phenom WR Mike Evans for 5-weeks due to a factured toe :(
    Thanks does have to go out to CHUNKNESS & RVallee though as three players whom they kicked to the curb scored 3 combined TDs in this game and due to injuries look to play a huge part if any type of playoff run is to be made.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Jul 31, 2012

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Jun 13, 2010
    Nice win and recap. Happy to help. ;)
  4. RVallee

RVallee Walk On

Jan 12, 2013
    You owe me twice then, for also taking Doug Martins carcass off your hands!