Bucs defense dominates in win over Panthers, 10-7

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by Jeremy, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

If the statement "Defensive Battle" was ever to ring true, rang loud and clear in this game. The Bucs came into this game controlling their own destiny in the battle for the NFC South division crown. The Panthers are having an up and down year, where one week they look like the class of the NFC and the next not so much.

These two team met in Week 1 and the Panthers were able to get the win but the Bucs have been rolling as of late and are on a 7-game win streak.

The Panthers received the opening kickoff and the Bucs defense came up big forcing a punt. The Bucs did not do much either with the ball and also had to punt. After the Bucs defense forced another Panthers punt, the Bucs offense finally got rolling a bit and were able to drive into the Panthers redzone but that success was short lived as on a 3rd and long, Bucs QB Mike Glennon looked for WR Vincent Jackson on a deep comeback in the end zone but Panthers FS Thomas DeCoud read the route perfectly and took the pass 100yds for the pick 6.

The Bucs offense would answer back and put together a drive that was capped off when speedy rookie HB Jeff Demps took a toss left and weaved his way 16yds for the game tiring TD late in the 2nd qtr.

Both offenses sputtered in the 2nd half and both teams either exchanged punts or Interceptions. The Panthers offense did manage a drive in the 4th quarter and set their Kicker up for a long 53yd FG that he managed to push wayyyy, wayyyy left. The Bucs got the ball in good field position but were unable to do anything with it and had their own decision to make as they were also in range for a 50+yd FG. Bucs decided to punt instead of the risky FG and it paid off. The Panthers did nothing with the ball after the punt and the Bucs offense got the ball back and were able to push it down the field and eventually kick a 19yd FG with about 3:00 mins left in the game.

Cam Newton would not go quietly and lead his team into Bucs territory when he connected with TE Greg Olsen for a big gain over the middle but as he was fighting for extra yardage Bucs CB Mike Jenkins was able to strip the ball which would be recovered by the Bucs with less than 2mins on the clock. 3 runs and 2 timeouts later, the Bucs were punting with :20secs on the clock and on the next Panthers play Bucs CB Alterraun Verner was able to pick off Newton and fall down for the game sealing Int.

Great Game CSteud
    GL rest of they year and I look forward to next seasons games.

• Like Like x 3
  2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Great recap Jeremy. Even though it was a defensive battle it was a fun game to watch.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

Great Game Jeremy

OMG that FG, I hit it perfectly too (I thought) but it still managed to take off towards left field. Honestly I was lucky to even have a shot, I was making all INTs (two in the redzone in fact) and your guys were dropping them all. This game coulda/shoulda been UGLY.

• Like Like x 1