Bucs Win Home Opener: Defense remains strong; turnovers too much for Falcons to overcome.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CHUNKNESS, Nov 16, 2010.

1. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Tampa Bay, FL (AP) - The Falcons came to town to kick the season off with a bang. Little did they know that it would come in the form of 29 unanswered points by the Buccaneers in the final three quarters. In a nutshell this game came down to taking care of the football. The Bucs were +5 in the turnover category (7/2) which could have easily been +7 if it hadn't been for a couple of blown calls by the referees. The Bucs defense resumed where they left off a season ago recording 27 tackles, 4 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, one fumble recovery, and 5 interceptions as a team against the Falcons. Key additions of "BIG" Pat Williams at DT and rookie sensation Kierre Roberson at MLB in the offseason made an immediate impact as Williams recorded two tackles and two sacks (1 safety), and Roberson came up with an interception to finish out the game.

Not to be outshined, quarterback Josh Freeman and the Bucs offense played well as he was 9/20 passing for 133 yards, 2 TD's, and most importantly, zero interceptions! The ground game is finally working with the triple threat of Stewart, Thomas, and McGahee in the backfield. Freeman and the three muskateers accumulated 143 yards on the ground which was the most recorded by any Bucs team against an opponent in their short-lived history. It came with a price, however, as running back Jonathan Stewart will be sidelined the next two weeks due to a disloacated right ankle on his first and the team's first scoring play of the season. Thomas and McGahee will carry the load in his absence. Barring any unforseen recovery issues, the Bucs expect to see Stewart return where he left off in week four.

Falcons injuries of note... DT Babineaux (adominal tear; 1 wk), SS DeCoud (broken collarbone; 5 wks), and OLB Rush (broken jaw; 1 wk)

GG, Rod. Just tough breaks all around. I'm sure it will be a different story in week 7. Until then, GL on the season.

HIGHLIGHTS:

FIRST QUARTER
    (ATL) O.Mughelli 12 Yd pass from M.Ryan(M.Bryant kick), 3:06 (7-0 Falcons)

SECOND QUARTER
    (TB) J.Stewart, 5 Yd run(missed kick), 6:17 (7-6 Falcons)

(ATL) Team Safety, 3:59 (8-7 Buccaneers)

(TB) P.Thomas, 29 Yd run(A.Pettrey kick), 1:54 (15-7 Buccaneers)

FUM; recovered by TB T. Jackson for 15yds

2. CHUNKNESS

(TB) K.Winslow 7 Yd pass from J.Freeman(A.Pettrey kick), 0:56 (22-7 Buccaneers)

THIRD QUARTER
    (TB) T.Talbert 36 Yd pass from J.Freeman(A.Pettrey kick), 0:04 (29-7 Buccaneers)

3. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Doug, I can't see the videos. It says the privacy settings don't allow it.

4. CHUNKNESS

Damn. I tried something new. I changed the settings now. If you have an account with facebook, add me as a friend and you'll be able to view them... facebook.com/xxchunknessxx

5. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

ahh i see it now, your using us now to make yourself look popular!!! lol ;)

6. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Yeah apparently he is. See how it is lol. If u want to be friends all you have to do is ask not tease with videos to get the add

7. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Isn't Facebook for pre teens ? What do you guys accomplish with Facebook ?

Nice win Doug looks like dungy and the Tampa 2 is alive and well.You will be a serious force this year no doubt about it

8. CHUNKNESS

UPDATED WITH YOUTUBE VIDEOS FOR ALL TO SEE!!! :)