Archived Budgets, explained.

Discussion in 'The Sandlot - The Show '15 OL' started by County5, Apr 30, 2012.

1. County5

County5 Practice? I mean c'mon..

Courtesy of Mark:
    BUDGETS
    You as GM control two budgets for your team, Development and Scouting.
    You must set your development and scouting budgets before the start of Spring Training. Once we hit Spring Training they will be locked as they are until the next off season which, in past versions, was the beginning of February.

Development Budget: From what I have read on the forums this budget actually has a pretty minor positive or negative affects on player development. Marcus (the creator of OOTP) said that it would have a small affect, it is there mainly as a way with burning excess cash. I'm sure there are other opinions on it but that is my understanding. Setting it to the league average ($8mil) puts you at a neutral, safe, point. Going below $8mil will, in theory, have a negative impact on player development and the farther below $8mil the bigger the affect. Same for going over, the more over the bigger the positive affect.

Scouting Budget: This is split into two parts, National and International. You set a specific amount for your National budget and the allocate it between Major League, Minor League, and Amateur scouting. This figure cannot be changed once we hit spring training (until the next off season). The International budget is set by selecting Countries where you want to scout, the more countries you select the more you spend. In v12 it was said you could not change your Scouting Budgets once you hit Spring Training but in fact you could adjust your International Scouting Budget at any time. I expect to see the same behavior in v13. The limit to the total Scouting Budget is 3 times the average league scouting budget. The max Scouting Budget is $12 mil.

Budget Caveat: In v12, and I presume in v13, if your Projected Budget Room goes into the red the game engine adjusts your Development and Scouting budgets to one half of the league average no matter what you have them set to. Essentially your owner forces the organization to restrict spending until your Projected Budget Room gets back into the black.

International Scout Finds: Your International Scouting Budget enables your scout to find "hidden" players around the world. These players will generally be from 16 to 19 years old. Some may be good to great and others may be scrubs. The number you find is directly related to the amount you spend on International Scouting. When your scout finds a player you will receive an E-Mail in-game telling you about him. For 14 days from when you find him you have exclusive rights to him and can sign him without competition from the rest of the league. If you don't sign him in the 14 days he enters the general Free Agent pool and all teams can attempt to sign him.

Special Situation with Scout Finds: Up until we start our initial season we will be doing sims that cover more than 14 days. This means a team could get an E-Mail about a scout find and your 14 day signing period could expire before you have the opportunity to actually sign the player and he will be placed in the free agent pool. Iff this happens you should send me an email about the situation and he can verify your scout found the player and he will then sign him to your team. This will only be done this preseason, if you fail to sign a player during the regular season he becomes a free agent. This rule will probably have to go into effect anytime a sim is longer than 14 days.

Scout Find Caveat: Beware offering a Scout Find a major league contract because if they sign a major league contract they must be on your 40-man roster and will use one of their three options each year. When the options are out he must clear waivers to be sent to the minors.
    Cole,

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. County5

County5 Practice? I mean c'mon..

This was emailed to me

Pertains to offseason stuff (not necessarily our league)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  3. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

great job County5 I'm sure this will help allot of people

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Thanks for posting County, whatever we can do to get everyone on board with understanding OOTP. Its definitely a challenge if your new to it.