Buffalo Bills 2013 State of the Union

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

[​IMG]

Bills begin quest for 3rd straight title

OFFENSE
    QB - Chris Robinson (88ovr) returns in his quest for his 3rd championship in as many seasons. 3 years, 3 championships? Time will tell. He won't wow you with his numbers but the dude just wins, leading Buffalo to a perfect 19-0 championship run last season. A+

RB – CJ Spiller (91ovr) and Fred Jackson (83ovr) return to form one of the leagues most potent backfields. The #2 ranked rushing offense will be back at it again, Spiller hitting the big runs and Jackson pounding the rock to close out games. Spiller has only gotten better and word out of Buffalo is that Jackson has not lost a step since turning 30. This will be a unit to watch. A+

FB – LaRon McClain (91ovr) led all FB’s last season in yards, carries and TD’s. Not to mention he is one of the best blocking FB’s in the game today. Simply put, one of the best. A+

TE – An understated unit in Buffalo’s offense but the unit best can be described as clutch. Shaun Nelson (81ovr) continues to improve his blocking skills, building upon an already impressive array of skills with speed to stretch the seam of defenses and outrun LBers one on one. Backup TE Colt Stone (77ovr) does nothing but grind, making tough catches in traffic and sealing the edge when asked to block. This is not a unit that will wow you, but it is well rounded. B-

WR – Lee Evans (85ovr) will simply not relinquish the starting job to Steve Johnson (85ovr) despite his age. His ability to stretch the field keeps him as the primary target in Buffalo’s offense and coupled with Johnson’s ability to go over the middle, the Bills have a nice set of weapons at the WR position. Devery Henderson’s 1 year run with the defending champs abruptly ended last month when he was cut after failing a physical on what was called a routine knee surgery. According to Bills brass he had lost a step and they wanted to give their youth at the position a chance. Marcus Easley (77ovr) figures to take over the slot WR spot now and the Bills are in heavy talks with Roscoe Parrish to bring him back into the fold after letting him enter Free Agency. It’s going to be a quietly productive group again this season, just like it has been the past 2 years – both yielding championship rings. B

OT – Demetrius Bell (83ovr) enters his 4th year as starter at LT and his continued to improve his game. Buffalo loves to run behind Bell’s athleticism and there’s no reason to believe it will be any different this season. RT Bryant McKinnie (85ovr), despite his age, played extremely well last season, particularly run blocking and will continue to do so. OT Ed Wang (80ovr) is young and provides excellent depth along the offensive line. This is an underrated yet experienced unit. B

OG/C – OG’s Eric Wood (81ovr) and Andy Levitre (81ovr) are technicians and excellent pullers but lack the size and strength to really maul in the run game. Coupled with young 2nd year Center EJ Devlin Jr (79ovr) they form one of the most stable interior lines in the game today. They are simply overmatched in some games but their teamwork and intelligence more than make up for it most of the time. B-

DEFENSE
    DE – Dwan Edwards (76ovr) Jamaal Anderson (77ovr) Alex Carrington (73ovr) and rookie 1st round pick Adam Kitchens (75ovr) all figure to see time at the defensive end position. These 5 technique ends will be rotated and swapped throughout the season to keep the #4 ranked rushing defense fresh and hitting on all cylinders. It’s a very underrated group with a lot variety in skill sets so it will be interesting to see if they can match last years numbers. B

DT – Dwan Edwards manned the NT position nearly all last season but was overmatched in double teams and succumbed to injury late in the season. Then 2nd year player Dosha Hutchins (78ovr) took over and played admirably during the Bills playoff run. The surprise really came in the superbowl when 4th year player Torrell Troup (73ovr) was given an opportunity to play in run situations and responded, racking up 3 tackles for loss in the Superbowl and turning around a run defense that was searching for answers. Troup will be given a shot at the #1 NT position with his very high blockshed and power move skills. Again a very underrated group. B

OLB – 3rd year player Tyree Rush (86ovr) heads up a veteran unit that, much like the defense ends, are very multiple in what they do. They are excellent against the run and the Bills will rotate Shawne Merriman (82ovr) and Aaron Maybin (66ovr) around to try and put them in the best spots. B

MLB – Paul Posluszny (91ovr) captains the #1 ovr defense in points allowed and headlines a very good MLB group. Desmond Bishop (82ovr) is the resident run stuffer with MLB Wesley Woodyard (72ovr) coming in to play on passing downs. Special teams ace Guy Crane (52ovr) has the athleticism the Bills like to have on special teams and also figures to be a factor on 3rd and very long passing situations. B+

CB – Leodis McKelvin (91ovr) continues to improve and will man the #1 CB spot again this season. Last year’s acquisition Patrick Robinson (86ovr) was hurt most of the season but played fantastic when healthy and will be factor this year, hopefully forming one of the top young CB tandems in the NFL. Verlon Hardnett (71ovr) brings youth and athleticism to the nickel CB position over Terrance McGee (79ovr) but they figure to rotate depending on the matchup. This should be one of the better units for the Bills this season. A-

S – Jairus Byrd (93ovr) is a young ball hawk and will continue that role next season playing alongside 2nd year player Marius LaVain (80ovr) LaVain snatched the starting SS role away from Donte Whitner (83ovr) last season and has not relinquished it. Whitner is still a special teams captain and plays in various packages in the Bills defense while holding down the backup role at both positions. Free Agent signee George Griffin (72ovr) brings excellent athleticism and youth to the position as well which may be needed as both starting safeties were out last season with injuries at one point or another. B+

P/K – Brian Moormans departure was heralded in by the powerful leg of 2nd round pick P Michael Johnson (80ovr.) The Bills will use his powerful leg to try to flip the field and gain field position this season as Moormans leg was beginning to fade with age. 2nd year Kicker Jon Riddick (85ovr) returns with his tremendous power as well and has stated that his goal this season is to hit a 60 yarder. This is definitely a position of strength for the Bills. A

Summary:
    The Bills didn’t add much in the draft, nor did they add much in free agency. Devery Henderson’s departure should be replaced easily by Marcus Easley and no other major changes were made to this young team. The team continues to get better due to its youth and its hard to argue with the Bills front office strategy. They added a big leg punter to try to help field position and also added depth in the draft but no real impact players. The key is they didn’t lose any either and as such they should still be considered one of the favorites coming out of the AFC.

2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

God I hope you don't win it again, your smugness is killing me. I think Gore/Rice will challenge your notion of "the most potent backing duo" also. ;)

3. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

Nice write up. Can't believe the raiders are the last team to beat your bills. Hope we are the next too :)

4. Keller

The Ravens have a great 1/2 punch sure - but can they hit the homerun like Spiller?

5. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Copeland and Slaton... enough said. Copeland hits the home run after running a few guys over!

6. Keller

I never said they were the #1 backfield anyway, I said one of the top backfields.

7. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Lol so defensive, just giving you shit fool. Peterson and Gerhart are better than my Texans backfield, and the Rice Gore combo is tough too.

I will go out and say the WR core I have is the best hands down though.

8. fuzzyl0gic

Yeah I know, I was just giving you shit. You've become the "evil empire" with your 3 superbowls, you should not be surprised you have a big target on your head!

9. Keller

I just have 2 superbowls Fuzzy. Rush won the first TMFL superbowl.

10. fuzzyl0gic

Oops. "Bills begin quest for 3rd straight title." I misread that the first time, haha.

11. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Keller's name is Bill?

12. fuzzyl0gic

Yes.

13. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Awesome, from now on I am calling him Bill everywhere on the forums

14. Keller

Lol my name is Matt.

15. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

fixed it for you

• Like Like x 1
  16. fuzzyl0gic

My name is Matt as well. How does it feel to have the most common name, ever?

17. Keller

I once had a spanish class with 7 - yes 7 matts. We only had like 1 guy in the class that wasn't named matt.

18. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Trying having the name Wahkas Butt for a name. I work with an Indian engineer with that name.

19. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I worked with a Vietnamese guy named Hung Dong, so we just called him HD

20. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Kind of an oxymoron. No offense intended, but rarely is Vietnamese and Hung Dong mentioned in the same sentence:eek::redcard::1stars:

Kind of like:

Books on tape
    Bingeing on moderation
    Alone in a crowd
    big sip
    constant variable
    Congressional action
    fail safe
    FORWARD LATERAL

That's all for tonight. :D CWT 3000 o u t