BUFFALO BILLS WEEKLY

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by Snozberriez8198, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

BUFFALO BILLS VOW TO WIN DIVISION!!

New team Owner Greg Zalizniak likes where his Buffalo Bills are at after the first game of the season. So much so, that he is "vowing to win the division". He was quoted as saying " We just went toe to toe with one of top teams in the game, and should have beat them. If this is the best we will see all year, then we will beat Brady in Foxboro in the last game of the season and win the division."

The Buffalo Bills took Tom Brady and the high powered New England Patriots down to the wire this Sunday and feel good about where they are for being such a young team. Rookie quarterback EJ Manuel showed sparks of genius, but also was responsible for 3 turnovers (2 INT and 1 Lost fumble). The fumble came on the last drive of the game, where Manuel drove the Bills offense down the field to the red zone with less than 2 minutes to go and needing a touchdown to tie. He was hit. when trying to hit a wide open Chandler across the middle for the score.

Coach Doug Marrone said " We know what we did wrong, and it boils down to making smart decisions. This means with play calling from the coaches and the execution from our players. We moved the ball well on the ground with 5 rushing touchdowns (Spiller 2 Jackson 2 Manuel 1). We had the momentum after coming back from a 17 point deficit and tying the game up. After Gronkowski left the game with a broken jaw after that huge hit from Jarius Bird, I honestly thought the game was ours. But that is football...one little mistake and that's the ball game. We just need to make a few adjustments and come out next Sunday to take on the Carolina Panthers."

I am not sure what Zalizniak and Marrone put in the Kool Aid, but everyone is drinking it and is fired up! This team is on the rise as long as injuries don't plague them as it has in years past.

2. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Pretty bold when your new making those kind of statements. :)

3. Snozberriez8198

Honestly just trying to have fun brother. I'm kinda being like Rex Ryan and stirring the pot. I don't mean anything by it. Of course it didn't work out too well for Rex though....

4. LSUTRUTH

Oh I like it. I was just keeping it stirring. AFC EAST is going to be a slugfest. Good luck to you :) I

• Like Like x 1
  5. Snozberriez8198

Oh...in that case the Dolphins are overrated!! A new rivalry is born.....if I could I'd change my name to BAMATRUTH

6. LSUTRUTH

Should be some fun games between the divison. Im excited I dont play as much as I have in the past but im still going to fight

7. Snozberriez8198

W
    Wouldn't be fun if you didn't. Blowouts suck

8. LSUTRUTH

LOL. You are right there. I tell you what Im shocked I beat Capp as good as he is. My defense is pretty solid this year. Super fast with Good ends 3 of them better watch out. Miami vs Buffalo here we come.

9. Snozberriez8198

Looking forward to it...

10. Snozberriez8198

STEVIE JOHNSON DEALT TO SEAHAWKS FOR DRAFT PICKS

After posting Stevie Johnson on the trade block not even 48 hours ago the Buffalo Bills made a deal with the Seattle Seahawks and shipped him across the country to Washington. The Seahawks traded 2 draft picks (2014 1st RND pick and 2015 6th RND pick). There are still no details of what happened between Johnson and the Bills organization, but they wanted him gone quickly. Coach Doug Marrone was asked about it today after practice and said " Stevie is a great talent but at this time we felt our gameplan would be more effective with a more physical wideout. With 2 first round draft picks we look to upgrade in that department. We will not release any events that led to the trade out of respect for Stevie and the Bills organization. The Bills wish Stevie the best of luck."

11. Snozberriez8198

Buffalo Bills Changing Defensive Starters

When a team starts 2-1 most coaches would be happy with that. Not new Coach Doug Marrone. This week he moved players around to try to "mix things up" and give teams a new look defense. He was quoted as saying "How can the other team know what to expect, when we as the coaches know what to expect with these changes." Some players who have played their entire NFL and college careers in a position have been relocated to try and better this generous defense. The Pass defense has been horrible as they have not been able to put any pressure on the opposing quarterbacks, and with all day to throw the ball the coverages will eventually break down. The Bills pass defense is ranked 30th and the run defense a suprising 11th. This means they are not getting pressure in the backfield, and are being stop at the line but get descent position to catch the running backs as they leave the backfield. Some of the big changes were moving Captain Jarius Byrd up to CB with Stephon Gilmore for a descent 1-2 punch. Having signed free agent FS Kerry Rhodes gives them a veteran filling in for Byrd back at safety. A few others were swapping Mario Williams back to LB to play a "roaming" LB position similar to Demarcus Ware has in the past. With that change they added speed to the LE moving Manny Lawson to rush the corner to open up the inside or outside for Williams. Having the speed on the corner will help us get to the Quartback fast, and that Quarterback will be throwing to 2 very good coverage Defensive backs in Gilmore and Byrd. Is this madness or genius?? ONLY TIME WILL TELL