Buffalo Bills

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by bringbackjimmy, Oct 25, 2011.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Pretty solid team with the right owner i think we should be able to fill them. I am surprised that nobody wanted them this far into the chise. I mean they are 1-8, but that's mostly people beating up on the cpu. another plus you would also get a good draft pick to improve this already good madden team..

• Like Like x 5
  2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

You want to run the TMFL? Knock yourself out - otherwise, gtfoff your high horse.

3. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I think he's just fleshing out the fact that it does set well with a lot of owners in this league that you are simply letting all of your opponents play the CPU and not even trying. It's a bad precedent to set, especially by the man in charge, because now any time someone thinks their team stinks, or just plain wants the best draft picks possible, they'll be able to occupy a spot in our league all season and just be on auto-pilot until the draft. How much fun is that for your opponents, really?

Also, what is the point of this being a premier league if nothing is ever posted outside of game scheduling and the occasional game summary? Maybe you'd be more interested if you invested time into playing the game like the rest of us. Just my $.02

• Like Like x 1
  4. Keller

Feel free to post content on your own.

Last year we simmed the first season - since people did not want to do that this year, I am sitting it out. This is not anything new. The Bills are awful, whats interesting to me is trying to build them back up. That starts with the first draft, which I am anxiously awaiting. Its just that simple.

5. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

the 1st pick is supposed to help the worst owner/team to make sure they can compete in the future and keep them interested. its not for someone to sit back and relax for the 1st pick. i want to be rich it doesn't mean i can stay home and not work until it happens.

knowing you won 2/3 sb with basically the same start up team i wouldn't think your team is hurting to much..

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Of course you are, you didn't have to jack to get the best pick. This is ridiculous, good job losing my respect Keller.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

I'm going to have to agree with the masses here - this should not be tolerated in a premier league. We all paid $12 to play in this league in anticipation of it being an active, sim league. "Throwing seasons" violates the sim part of why this league was established, and requiring that all of your opponents play the CPU violates the active part of the league rules (which were created by the individual breaking them!!) As the leader of the TMFL, you're supposed to be the one setting a good example. Placing your team on auto-pilot for the entire season sends the wrong message (especially to the new owners), and is probably a contributing factor to the lack of posting on the forums and overall excitement....I'll be the first to admit - when I see our leader putting forth zero effort to schedule or play his games, I have had no desire to put together power rankings, etc. (which I typically love to do!)

If this continues, you guys can count me out after the first season as well...

JSimms

• Like Like x 3
  8. Keller

Well this is going nowhere fast.

9. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    ... this is horseshit. You and I need to talk. Now.

10. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

11. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

This league is pretty bleak. I originally joined this league because my nephew played here. Now he started his own league and I stayed here because this league was already established. I regret that decision now. As A new owner I was looking forward to our WEEK 6 game. I have never played you and I was bummed when you told me to play the computer. We are in A different confrence and prob won't have another chance to play each other. I have always been A big fan of playing with what you got. I also got A week 8 loss because the week was advanced and was told afterwards that 5 00 am wensday is the new advance time. But here it is 9 50 am on wensday and the week has not been advaced. There is no consintency.

12. Keller

Huskie is out of town - I am planning on advancing us when I get home.