Buffalo Bulls Press Conference

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bcduggan, Nov 18, 2009.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Buffalo Bulls Press Conference

Opening statement:

It's good to be back in Buffalo. We have among the hardest working cities in the nation here and our sports teams has nothing to show for it. It's going to change starting now. The fans are calling for a championship and outside of lacrosse and roller hockey, no team has been able to pull it off. It's time for UB football to become the hardest working team in college football and win some titles.

So that way there is no confusion, here is why I left Utah. The stress of coaching games where there is a greater expectation of you and you aren't used to the spotlight causes some people to be stupid or get frustrated really easy. That being said Utah is a great school and they have a great program there. My goal for Buffalo is to bring them up to the talent of at least Utah and be able to win many conference championships for years to come.

I came back to Buffalo because sometimes you need to go to familiar surroundings to get your head screwed back on right. The head coach position opened up and it is a good fit for me. So I applied and was accepted.

First question:

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Coach Duggan,

What attracts you the most to Buffalo? Do you think you have what it takes to win the MAC this year? Unlike years previous the MAC has been a struggling conference but we see hope on the Horizon. CMU defeated #9 Virginia Tech and Bowling Green seems to be a talented football team. With a big MAC conference opener over Western Michigan, do your players believe they have what it takes to win the conference?

3. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

The things that attract me most to Buffalo are

1) I am proud born and raised from Buffalo NY
    2) My family is still there.
    3) You can't beat the food. Chicken Wings, Beef on Weck just for starters.

[​IMG]

Don't those wings look good?(y)

Now on to football, I think The Bulls are fortunate that in order to play the talented CMU squad it would be in the conference championship game. In order to get there we need to play solid on both sides of the ball. We have tough games against Bowling Green and Akron coming up after we play them we will see where we are at.

4. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

After the Akron game

Opening statement:

I am so proud of our team. Our defense kept us in the game and our offense picked it up enough to overcome the early turnover to win.

Game balls to Thermilius for rushing for 188, and running over an Akron player on his way to the tying TD in the second quarter. Our video system has been having issues lately. The TD would have made good recruiting fodder for the RBs we want to recruit this year.

Our Dline with 4 of the 5 sacks.

First question:

Coach, now that you are 2-0 in the MAC does this mean you are a contender for the MAC Championship?

Yes, we are a contender. We are not the favorite though. I believe there are 6 other teams who have not lost a MAC conference game yet this season. We are taking it one game at a time. Our first goal is to be Bowl Eligible. That happens with wins. We need to win each and every game here on out. Our focus is on our next opponent, Bowling Green.

5. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

Coach.. now that you have gotten settled in, are you still going to bring your gameplan that you had during your tenure as LTU's HC or will you try and implement a different system in Buffalo?

6. MILMONTpa

MILMONTpa MILMONTpa

Coach, we noticed that RS FR - MLB Darius Willis - is leading your team in tackles (29), TFL (4), and tied with the team lead in sacks (2). We also noticed true FR FS - Ryan Weber is second on the team in tackles (2) and has (2) forced fumbles.

Do you expect these two players to start for the next 4 years? Is there a chance new recruits could take their spot?

7. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

On offense there are a lot of similarities to when I was with LTech. On defense, there have been some changes, for example, we have gone back to basics on tackling and are playing for for breaking up the pass and going for sure tackles, instead of being more aggressive (LTech).

So far, it has worked well. Hopefully it will work well enough to get us a bowl bid this season.

8. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I think half our defense is what was recruited from last season. I don't know what their ratings are but I can say without a shadow of doubt that those 2 freshmen should be starting next year. Our recruiting this season is mostly offense this year.