Buffalo Bulls

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Newb Slice, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

Buffalo Bulls

After an 8-6 season in 08 and a big win over #12 Ball State last season the Bulls are looking like an up and coming team. Although losing senior QB Drew Willy to the graduation incoming true freshman Alex Dennison looks like the winner beating out two other QBs in the spring practices. Dennison will have two major weapons on offense to help the young QB in RB James Starks who had almost 1,700 total yards and WR Naaman Roosevelt who had 103 receptions for 1402 yards. The offensive line is lead by Jr(RS) G Peter Bittner who had this to say 'I'm really excited about this season we have a great O-Line coming back and James Starks looks to be in the best shape i have ever seen him in."

The really only major concern for coach Newb is in the defense but look for Junior SS Davonte Shannon to have a HUGE impact if Buffalo intends to have any sort of chance on defense. Two incoming freshman S Carlos Lammons and DT Matt Hornbuckle are said "to see major playing time". Coach Newb hopes these guys will have a big impact in turning around a D that gave up close to 30 PPG last season.

2. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

Buff 17 Central Mich 21

Wow what a heart breaker this one was. The biggest play of the game was when my RB supposedly fumbled before the endzone but me going through the highlight reel for 5 mins straight i still feel he was in before the ball came loose but i couldnt challenge it. He had some dropped picks he should have had from my qb throwing up ducks when he got hit. But all that said the game was 14-14 at half, and from there on it was a defensive battle in the 3rd no one scored. In the 4th it was 4th and 1 inside his 10. I choose to kick it thinking i could hold him on D but i couldnt. I let a lot of time run off by saving my TOs and his QB ran into the endzone. I had a 4th and 1 on my 40 i called an option but got tackled in the back field. Dumb play call on my part but whatever i shall be ready for my rematch!

3. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

Akon 31 @ Buff 44 F

He started out in the 1st Q by scoring 10 to my 7. In the 2nd it was a whole new game. I rallied for 28 while my D held him to 0. I had a PR he fumbled and an 84yrd int both of which went for TDs in the 2nd Q. The 3rd and 4th were pretty much just me running the ball trying to take time of and trying to stop his passing attack.

Buff D- 5 sacks 4 Ints 3 FF 1 FR 2 TDs

4. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

Buff 49 WMU 21

First Quarter it was pretty even both teams only scored 7 points. The the 2nd Q i blew the game open scoring 21 to the CPU's 7 and just continued to roll from then on. I had all day pretty much in the pocket and my QB picked apart their secondary. It was a real nice team win i had 6 different players with receptions and the D pretty much shut them down. Not to mention my RB Starks had a quite 100 yard game rushing the ball. But the big thing about the win is now my team is bowl eligible!!!!!!

Buff
    QB Dennison 23-35 239 yrds 6 TDs- 6 rushes 32 yards
    SS Shannon 11 tack 2 TFL

5. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

Buffalo Season Recap

The Motor City Bowl trophy and the MAC Conference trophy highlight the great season Buffalo had. With a 13-1 record and currently ranked 18th it couldn't have gone any better. Buffalo looks to the off season recruiting to reload on offense where senior player makers Roosevelt and Starks will be leaving for the NFL. They both accounted for 2400 total yards and 25 tds.

SS Davonte Shannon brought home the Jim Thorpe award with 113 tackles 22 TFL 7 sacks 5 INTS 1 FF
    QB Alex Dennison threw for 3264 yards with 35 TDs and only 9 INTS.
    Freshmen WR Saron Hood was a great surprise for buffalo with 1500 total yards and 9 TDs.
    Kicker AJ Principe was 21-23 which is amazing for a kicker

6. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

Pre Season Outlook

Coming off the best season ever in Bulls history with a 13-1 record, a MAC championship and Bowl trophy it can only get better for Buff this season. The freshman are more experienced and QB Alex Dennison is looking sharp in practice. The new additions of RB Andre Smith and T Eric Booth both look to have immediate impact on the Buffalo roster with starting roles. On the defensive side of the ball there are two true freshman pass rushers on the edge as well a ROLB and a ball hawking FS. The combination of FS Tremayne Johnson and former Jim Thorpe winner SS Davoonte Shannon will put fear in any QBs having to pass the ball on this D. Look for A LOT more picks this season and for the Jim Thorpe award to be presented to a Bulls players again this season.

7. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

Buff 45 vs Cuse 28

Game started off bad first play Dennison had an INT returned to the house for a TD. He is still continuing to struggle throwing the ball and i dont know why it just feels different this season passing with him. So from then on i stayed true to a running game and it won me the game. My true freshman is a beast and he had 30 att 222yds with 3 TDs. My Safety tandem on D is going awesome they combined for 15 tackles 1 sack 2 INTS and a record breaking 101 yard INT TD return. I gave up more points then i would have liked but whatever it still early and i really need to sure things up before i run into my user games here in a few weeks. Luckily i have the two next weeks as a bye to practice.