Buffalo Bulls

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by dub, Sep 20, 2009.

1. dub

dub Banned

Buffalo Bulls

Coming soon

2. dub

dub Banned

BG took the ball, and drove down the field with ease. As his RB broke a 58 yard run. I answered right back with the passing attack. I stopped his run the second series, but gave him a pick 6 when I got the ball. 14-7. It was 24-14 at the half, and I was actually ok with it. I threw two picks the first half, on some bad decisions. So I knew if I stopped making mistake I'd be ok. On one of his touchdowns, he punted, I didn't call fair catch, and just watched me get hit fumble, and him take it in. 21-7.. I knew I was ok, just had to play.
    I settled down on defense as I found a groove based on what he liked to do. I realized he like to run zone, and that I'd have time to find people if I settled down and looked. So, second half I took what the defense gave me and made a come back. He did a nice job mixing in zone coverages and blitzes Mixed in a lot of passes to the flats, and screens due to his zone defense. Sealed it with a pick six at the end. gg

3. dub

dub Banned

Easy victory over Toledo

Both offenses moved the ball in the first half. With Toledo having no problem in the air. We ran zone, we ran man, we blitzed, nothing worked as the Toledo QB picked apart the Buffalo defense. However the Buffalo defense clamped down during the drives. The Buffalo offense was on fire, with a great mix of passing and running, the Buffalo offense racked up over 600 yards. Final score 52-20

4. dub

dub Banned

Closer than the final score

Ohio came to play.

We started off good. had a 21-7 lead and driving to put the foot on the throat, and then one mistake sent a wave of momentum there way. Ball was on the 25 yard line , and they came with a blitz-zone. I rolled out of the pocket, and pressed what I thought was the Right bumper but it was the Left Bumper. Floated a pass to three DB's for Ohio, Pick 6, 21-14. NEXT PLAY, deflected pass pick taken to the 1 yard line where they punched it in. 21-21. We calmed down, stuck to the game plan, and pulled it out. Hard fought game though..

5. dub

dub Banned

Buffalo Vs Kent State

After some disconnects on my part, we finally got the game going.

Kent State got the ball and tried to establish the run, driving right down the field, when I tried to shut it down with different formations he'd just come out and pass from Ace, gashing my D with a big pass play. We did manage to shut Kent State down after a long drive that took up most of the first qtr, they kicked the field goal, barely making it. The Bulls got the ball back and wanted to send a message, so we drove right down the field and scored through the air quickly.
    After reading the scouting report I was making sure he didn't run any back on special teams, so when I kicked it off I made sure to trail behind in case he broke a couple. When he got the ball back he drove, this time passing out of Ace more than running. I still never made any adjustments, still had my formations based off his, still reading what he was doing. He had no problem answering back as he scored through the air on a hitch to the RB.
    We got the ball back and quickly answered. 14-10. Then the defensive coordinator, and my team got into the game by then. We made the adjustments on D, and he didn't score again, while my offense got going. Kent State completely shut my running game down. So most of the offense came through the air. They pretty much ran zone and blitzed, so we spread the wealth on offense, with pretty much every pass catcher being thrown too.

There was one play where I know he was mad about, which I made my last touchdown through the air to avoid controversy. I honestly can't remember if it was a blitz, but I know I was pressured while looking. Three step drop, didn't see anybody and couldn't do a quick read on the defense, so I rolled out immediately once the pressure came keeping my eyes down the field. He had switched to a End trying to cut me off. I tucked the ball and ran, baiting him, right when he thought he had me I dropped back he did a superman grabbing air. I dropped back saw some more pressure, stepped up to let my offensive line take him out. I ran up in the pocket and saw a man blazing down the post open. I did see the safety there but he was running to cover someone in the flat. I threw it, and the safety tried to get back and make the play. He jumped, but was out of position and the ball went right passed him for the TD. (He paused after that play, I don't blame him.)

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Qlg0TocQPc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Qlg0TocQPc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

After that play, I shut it down and just ran. final score 38-10. gg Shrike, you completely shut my run down, and killed all my trick plays.

We are now guaranteed a spot in the MAC Championship. Looks like we'll play NIU..

6. dub

dub Banned

bump, my first video upload (on youtube, EA, and this site).. how exciting..

7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I am not calling cheese here but your QB has some happy feet. Unless you roll the pocket out as called from the play you should be sitting in the pocket till you get flushed. Again I haven't played you yet but running outside the pocket to wait till your guys get open is frowned upon. Just an FYI.

8. dub

dub Banned

With all due respect, I know I'm new.. But hope this isn't a website where people are quick to judge. Please be careful not to call something cheese unless you're sure, especially calling me out on my summary. It drains the fun out of it. Please just send me a message or something, if I need to be talked too. If I need to breakdown my thought process during this play I will.I'm also sure that If I played cheesy I would've been called out by the people I've already played.

Almost took the video down, but since i've been called out,unfairly, I'll let it stay up.

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

As long as that's not an every play thing...

looks like a guy came free on the left side..so from just seeing this one play..I'd say it's alright.

10. b milley

b milley Walk On

He didn't scramble at all against me from what I can remember, I wouldn't be worried.

11. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

Oye, that play was the most frustrating of a number of great passing plays made by dub. Good game, sir, and I had better up the recruiting efforts to bolster my secondary.

12. dub

dub Banned

Thanks B

13. dub

dub Banned

Thanks Shrike, gg again. People said they ran against you. Didn't see it, I couldn't get my run established, you kept blowing it up. It did frustrate me a little.

14. dub

dub Banned

Where's the All-American?!?

It was rumored that the All-American QB for the Bulls wasn't going to be playing in 2011, and after the first game, it turns out all rumors where true. The Buffalo Bulls have red-shirted JR QB Alex Dennison for the 2011 season for SR Zach Maynard. Last year Maynard was an Impact player as a backup QB, and Alex Dennison led the Bulls to the MAC Championship.
    What may have brought on this move was the fact that Maynard was a Senior coming into this year, and was as even as you can be talent wise to the JR Dennison. What also contributed to the decision was the fact that when Maynard came in for Dennison, the Bulls didn't miss a beat. Maynard was also credited for having the play of the year for Buffalo last year, in Buffalo's win over Kent State.

Coach Dub had this to say
    When asked if anything will be changed with the Offense he had this to say

When asked about Heisman candidate All-American RB Andre Smith he had this to say