Bulldogs' Losses will sting in 2017

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Feb 10, 2009
    Bulldogs' Losses will sting in 2017

There's positive news for the Georgia Bulldogs and that is the three players we managed to keep. This is big-time for our program and gives us a chance to compete next season.

WR Shawn Lee - 94 OVR, 98 SPD, Heisman Winner - Bucking all odds he has decided to come back for another shot at a title. WR's are known for their showmanship and he is that but he also has heart and wanted another title.

OLB Marques Brown - 97 OVR, 89 SPD - Due to injuries in 2015, the 6'7" 249 lb. Brown hasn't gotten a full taste of the college game and wants one more year. He led the team with 107 tackles last season and threw in 22 TFL, 5 sacks, 4 INT, 3 FF, and 2 Defensive TDs.

SS Tanner Jenkins - 97 OVR, 95 SPD, 88 AWR, 88 TAK, 99 ZCV - At the beginning of the game I had a sick strong safety, Reshad Jones. I said to myself only in the SEC would you see this player that would step in and play just as good at corner. But I didn't think I'd recruit a guy just as good. Well this guy's better. The 6'3" 219 lb. Jenkins hasn't won any major awards but has been an all american and has 20 interceptions in his career. He is a destructive force.

That said, the losses are brutal

CB Eric Cole, JR - Pro Draft - 93 OVR, 95 SPD - Size and speed. Beaten for a HUGE touchdown by Alabama which was very surprising and disappointing, he was a great player despite that one lapse.

FS Joe Forte, JR - Pro Draft - 91 OVR, 94 SPD - This :2stars: find was a strong safety then moved over to free after a freshman season on the bench. He knocked people silly and stepped up to make 5 interceptions this season. The only negative was his lack of height but we wish he'd stuck around. We have a tall strong safety who isn't a great hitter and who has very good range that will probably be moved to free but he won't replace Forte.

FS Jimmy Golden, SR - 89 OVR - Never found PT but would have been great to have around next year.

HB Matthew Peters, SR - 95 OVR - This might be the only player I could say this about but Peters was just as effective as a freshman as he was as a senior. He literally did not improve. Sure his OVR is a few points better but he got no faster and never learned to break tackles. Eeeked out a couple of 1,000 yard seasons (senior and freshman years) due to injuries to others and was great for depth purposes. Despite a mid 90's break tackle rating, he broke a total of 28 tackles on 420 carries in his career.

LE Brent Henderson, SR - 96 OVR - Our best pass rusher the past two seasons, and he was healthy all year this year. Last year he came back just in time to help us kick ass in the SEC Championship game and then we cruised in the National Championship game largely thanks to his domination on the line.

CB Willie Moses, SR - 92 OVR - Another guy we could really use this year, he never really found enough PT to make an impact other than special teams.

Tackles A.J. Henderson, Ryan Moore - 99 OVR each - had the ratings and played well as juniors, just didn't play worth a damn as seniors as we more than doubled our sack total from the previous year. Still, they helped us win a title.

G Cody Owens , 96 OVR - never really a starter. Played at center as a senior however, starting there. Sucked.

TE Geremy Brown, 96 OVR - this year's Mackey award winner, he got hurt along with our dangerous FB just in time for the stretch run. I wanted to put together a "one step down from Logan" season for him this year but that didn't happen due to injuries. Still caught 144 passes for 2,138 yards and 19 TDs in his career; not horrible.

SS Donnie Matthews, 92 OVR - A player a lot of other teams would kill to have- a speedy safety who can play corner and hit like a linebacker with good hands. Mainly a special teams player for us due to the force of nature known as Tanner Jenkins.

CB Jake Rogers, 91 OVR, 97 SPD - Best known for his special teams brilliance when he returned 4 kicks for touchdowns as a sophomore, including 3 against users... He was never anything special as a corner, for whatever reason.

RG Orlando Richardson - 88 OVR - One of the quickest and fastest offensive linemen around, he was a starter for three years until we saw what Brian Smith did to him due to his lack of strength... Benched him just in time to rout Bama in the SEC Champ. Game last season.
  2. jfosh

jfosh Super

Feb 10, 2009
    Your losses will sting. But I do like that Lee kid and you still have lots of speed at HB. Defensively you have a couple of guys that should control the game for you. I especially like the rout of alabama jab in the Orlando richardson blurb.

I was assessing my team last night and we are thin in places Bama never has been thin. Namely defensive tackle. We're used to having impact players all over the defense but these guys are a few years away.