Bulldog's Whiskey Report

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BulldogBully, Aug 10, 2010.

1. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

Bulldog's Whiskey Report

After the annual state liquor and wine convention this weekend, I wanted to share a tidbit with those who enjoy good whiskey...

These conventions always have various brands of all categories...usually it's the same old stuff with a mixture of new flavors, tons of new wines, etc, etc.

This year, one brand stood out among the rest to me. I'm sure those who embibe are very familiar with the Kentucky bourbon Maker's Mark. They introduced their first new product ever since the Maker's brand launched. It's called Maker's 46. It actually hit the market a couple of months back, but I didn't order it because it was about $9 more than regular Maker's and I didn't think it would go over well at that price. After trying it, I changed my mind. This was one of the best bourbons that I have tried, especially in that price range. Those of you who appreciate good whiskey need to try it. Those of you who don't....continue drinking your Colt 45, Juicy Juice, or whatever it is you drink.:rolleyes:

Now let's get back to football!!!

2. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Took the Maker's tour when I lived in Louisville last year. Great place. Still impressed that all of those wax tops are just hand dipped by old little ladies on an assembly line. Good stuff.

As a whiskey man, have you heard of Old Forrester? It's like dirt cheap...like bottom well cheap but a number of bourbonites kept getting crazy and recommended it. No doubt... It is best deal on bourbon I can find.

Peace
    Heath

3. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

Yeah, Old Forester is a decent bourbon for the price. It has a strong following, mainly still old men and those younger whose grandfathers drank it during the days when bourbon was the drink of choice.

If you like Maker's, you should try 46 for sure. Just don't have it out when friends are over unless they really know how to appreciate good whiskey. It is one of those bottles you keep back in the cabinet and take out when you just want to pour a good drink on the rocks...and never ruin it with coke or some soda.

4. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I will stick to my homebrewed beer, and my monthly beer club meetings. We have tried over 250 different beers in a year.