Bummed about Couture

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by totalwreckage, Aug 30, 2009.

1. totalwreckage

totalwreckage TMFL Coach/GM NY Jets

Bummed about Couture

really loved that fight but I wish it was a 5 rounder. Would have loved to see him win so he could get a rematch with Brock, but would love to see him fight Anderson Silva at 205

2. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Coture vs The Spider...might make for an interesting fight. I'd take the Spider in 3.

3. Sixthdis108

Sixthdis108 Walk On

Yeah, I disagree completely. Couture is so slow and overmatched anymore he would be done in less then 3 minutes with Spider. He signed 6 more fights though so you'll get more couture though.

4. totalwreckage

you're wrong. Randy is not Forrest Griffin. He has always been slow, but if anyone can figure out a way to beat Anderson it is Randy. He wont stand there likehe did with Nog, he didnt have respect for Nogs boxing he will have respect for Silvas. Randy will most likely press him against the cage, and take him down. It will look a lot like Henderson/Silva early on. Silva will most likely win, but to dismiss Randy like you are is just foolish.

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I know you like Randy TWrecks, but I think you're nuts. Everytime Randy tries to shoot, he will eat a knee to the jaw by Silva. I really couldn't see that lasting into the 2nd honestly. I think it's time for Randy to hang them up and become a full time trainer

6. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Coture wants none of this.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qpqhPX-wb00&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qpqhPX-wb00&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

7. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

There is no way Couture could stand with Anderson Silva.

8. totalwreckage

Randy doenst shoot. He clinches and takes down. Anderson has proven he can be taken down. Hendo, Lutter. Randy will take him down. Im not saying Randy will beat him, but it wont be via destruction. Randy would lose a lot like hendo lost. If Nog couldnt finish Randy with those deep subs Anderson wont. Anderson will prob win via tko strikes in the 3rd. But I would never bet against Randy

9. Sixthdis108

Sixthdis108 Walk On

Randy would lose. He tries to clinch he gets Muay Thai'd to hell, if he does get it to the ground Anderson stays calm and taps his ass out. I will give Couture nothign because he is 46. If it was 36 year old Couture vs. Silva now I'd pay to see that match.

10. totalwreckage

I know because you all seen Anderson destroy Rich in the clinch you think it is just so simple. Randy is an olympic caliber greco Roman wrestler. He will not get muay thaid to death. Anderson would be better off with distance. If Randy gets it to the ground anything is possible.

11. Sixthdis108

Sixthdis108 Walk On

Okay I think I need to emphasize this...

RANDY IS 46!

He is not the same fighter he was. Also, he is 16-10 in his career by no means dominant. Anderson Silva is the best pound for pound fighter in the world. He couldn't hold him in the clinch for 15 minutes even if you think he is awesome in the clinch. The only guy who made it the distance against Silva laid on his back any chance he could get.