Burress Pleads Guilty

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Basis4aDay56, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Burress Pleads Guilty

And goes to jail for two years! What a DOUCHE BAGGGGG! I believe that he cost us another Super Bowl appearance last year, and am glad he is in jail. What if the gun shot an innocent club-go'er? What if it shot AP?? The best possible thing happened. Honestly, why they were out the NIGHT before the Redskins game, which was in Washington, is beyond me.

He could be out in 20 months with good behavior. Bye-bye-Burress!

2. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

What a waste of talent

3. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

shocked he pleaded guilty honestly, but for whatever he did, as dumb as it was, the guy caught the winning pass in the Super Bowl, so I'll always be a fan.

4. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

This is just tragic, what an absolute fall from grace. In less then a year you played the game of your life in the NFC championship, single handedly responsible for winning that game, then caught the winning TD pass in the Super Bowl only to shoot yourself in the leg and serve the remainder of your prime in jail. Unreal

5. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

damn Plex was my man when he was in the Burgh... loved him... then he left and now look at him..... i am sad for him and his fam.... stupid ass decision though.....cant blame no one but himself...

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I will too! So many different emotions through that whole game. When he was wide open I was watching the game with my Dad, and we did an awkward high-five/hug thing, it was pretty funny.

Such a great receiver. A hard worker in practice too, even though a lot thought differently. One of the dumbest decisions of all time. Granted he wasn't going to play in the Skins game, but why were they at a club the night before the game? Even if you can excuse that one, why is he bringing a gun out to a club? Is he gonna shoot someone that gets in his face? If he is expecting an altercation, as a man of that social status, wouldn't you think he would avoid that situation? So many bad mini-decisions led up to the big one. He didn't want the gun to go off and shoot himself, but come on man, you bring a gun to a club, what good can come of it?

Also, a BIG WTF to the security at the club. What club ALLOWS guns inside? Normally they have security do a pat down at the front. I don't care if it was Plex, Joe Montana, MJ, or Lebron -- you don't let weapons inside. JESUS PEOPLE! haha

7. Blaza

Basis I feel you completely and understand where you're coming from. But a couple of things. Celebrities don't get pat down at any club in America. Owners/Management want these guys in their establishments as it brings business, woman, status, etc. These guys have an above the world attitude already. Trust that they aren't walking through the door showing ID like the rest of us. Also you're an idiot NOT to be strapped when you are worth that kind of scratch. Keep in mind, that these guys cannot operate like you and I. Where I grew up, if someone saw P. Diddy walking down the sidewalk by himself at 1am, they aren't running up for an autograph. They are running up saying give it up lol.

I will say that it was extremely dumb of him to be carrying it personally. That's what the entourage is for. Or even better, paid security. But you better believe anytime you see a celeb in that type of environment, someone is holding the steel.

8. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Ha, okay, considering that, maybe wear jeans that can secure the f'n thing, not baggy ass sweatpants with a loose band that can't hold that kind of weight. Or maybe don't have it loaded. The gun he had, the safety on it barely works apparently. I don't know shit about guns, but this is what everyone that knew anything about them was sayin.

9. Blaza

:eek::eek::eek: Not an option lol.

I want to say the gun Plax had was a Glock in which case there is no safety. But overall I agree that he's got nobody to blame but himself. He shouldn't even have been holding the gun and if so obviously should've been way more cautious. I'm a fairly big gunhead and just couldn't see shooting myself under any circumstances. I'm gonna have to go ahead and assume he's an idiot in this case.

10. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Based on prior actions and this incident, he doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer by any stretch of the imagination. :D