Butch Davis Fired

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by gowazzucougs, Jul 27, 2011.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I just saw on twitter that Butch Davis has been fired from UNC

Vandermint your thoughts? I am just shocked that UNC finally made the decision.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

ahahahahaa he's such a tool good for them.

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

wooooooo! I'm not surprised of the fire but surprised because of the timing...

I need to read up a lil more about why, but guess because of all the suspensions took its toll

4. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Wow. What a terrible time to fire your fball coach.

5. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

stupid administrators.....reminds me of Miami administrators in the 80s......doing dumb ish lol

6. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Tough to swallow as a UNC fan. Probably the right call, though. I agree, the timing is awful. This should have been done in 6 months ago if the administration had that much of an issue with it. Perhaps more things have come to light recently. The program was really on the rise. I would imagine this will set them back quite a bit.

7. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    As a UNC fan, I'm really not happy about it. If you were going to fire him, why wait until now?

And our football program is boned. Expecting us to go back to the mid 2000s, when people forgot we had a team.

8. Vandermint

Vandermint Walk On

I would have been against it a year ago at this time, but at least I could have understood. This is incomprehensible. We're headed back to the dark ages of losing 3-4 games a year by 30+. I can't imagine what kind of coach or high school player would want to come to a university that handles business this way.

They sold the season tickets, got all the money locked in for the 10,000 seat expansion, got the incoming recruits locked in, and then canned him. Shameless, faithless cowards.

• Like Like x 1
  9. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Tommy Barnhardt, aka " Mr. College Football" twitted on his twitter account "Understand that with this announcement, UNC has decided to get out of the football business for a while." At least you have Men's Basketball

10. Erik the Red

Erik the Red Walk On

A great coach who can't help but find himself in stupid situations. If it plays out at all like Miami they should win the NC in a season or two. hahaha