Buy or Sell - Early Playoff Hopefuls

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Crumbler81, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

[​IMG]
    It has been an interesting start to 2013 here in the VFL, so let's take a look at some of the overachievers trying to position themselves for this year's playoffs:
    AFC
    Miami (6-0) - Coach MarkyMark67 has the Dolphins as the last undefeated team left in the AFC with a one game lead over New England in the AFC East.
    Cincinnati (6-1) - Under new coach @curmbler81 the Bengals have turned things around and have a nice cushion atop the AFC North. Just bounced back from their 1st loss of the season with a 20-17 win over Buffalo.
    Tennessee (6-1) - The Titans also have a nice cushion in the AFC South, and have won 5 straight after starting the season at 1-1. Needless to say, coach maniac13 has the team playing very well.
    San Diego (4-2) - In the closest division in the AFC, coach LLCoolGrey and the Chargers are currently tied atop the AFC West with the Chiefs. After losing their first 2 games, San Diego has peeled off 4 straight wins.
    New England (5-1) - In a shocking turn of events, the entire coaching staff in Foxboro seemingly lost interest in the midst of a great start to 2013. The Patriots currently only trail Miami by 1 game in the AFC East, but they may find it difficult to stay in contention with all the turmoil.
    Kansas City (4-2) - Tied for 1st in the AFC West with the Chargers, coach YungLew15 looks to have the Chiefs headed for another fine season. Like San Diego, Kansas City has also won 4 straight games after starting the season winless.
    NFC
    Minnesota (6-0) - With the only other undefeated team in the league, coach majesty95 has the Vikings with just a 1 game lead over Detroit in the NFC North. The competition in the NFC may have a tough time with the league's top ranked defense the rest of the way.
    Arizona (5-1) - After losing their 1st game, Crunk_Ness and the Cardinals are winners of 5 straight and currently hold a slim lead over the 49ers in the NFC West.
    NY Giants (4-1) - After missing the playoffs last season, coach AveryB has the Giants looking for a return to the postseason and currently have a small cushion in the NFC East over the Cowboys.
    Atlanta (4-2) - In one of the tightest races in the NFC so far, coach MiaFLSurf has the Falcons with a slim lead over the Panthers in the NFC South and they are currently riding a 2 game winning streak.
    Detroit (5-1) - Coach woodsmall and the Lions only trail the undefeated Vikings by 1 game in the NFC North, and they are winners of 2 straight.
    San Francisco (5-2) - In another tight race in the NFC, coach Ninersfan80 and the 49ers only trail Arizona by a half game in the NFC West. After starting the season winless, San Francisco has won 5 straight games.
    Feel free to let us know if you think these front runners will continue their winning ways or choke down the stretch.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
    • Like Like x 6
  2. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Damn no love for the Ravens....I know we are scrubs but dang....

3. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

LOL sorry man...I was just posting what seemed like the playoff teams if the season ended today. Feel free to add anything you want about any of the teams that might be on the outside at the moment.

To be honest, I think the Ravens definitely have a good shot to come up and challenge for a playoff spot :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Futuriistiics

Futuriistiics Walk On

I feel like I could theoretically make the playoffs, or at least have a winning record at the end. But I'm seriously doubting whether I'll beat a user controlled team this season. I'm 0-4 against humans and 3-0 against CPU. It'd feel pretty cheap making the playoffs off of wins against cpu, but I'll take it if it happens :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

hey is there anyway a online ccm can be moved offline? like doing a fantasy draft then after move it offline?

6. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Well I think you did pretty well in our game last night. It kinda went to the wire, so you probably got a good shot to pickup a few victories over humans!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Crunk_Ness

Crunk_Ness Walk On

As far as my Cardinals go I'm not going to get to excited as I started 4-1 last year and ended 6-10. Playoff hopeful is nice but we have a lot of football to play before I can consider my season to be successful. Good luck to all with playoff aspirations.

• Like Like x 1
  8. maniac13

maniac13 Walk On

I feel somewhat cheap with most of my wins coming against the CPU.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MiaFLSurf

MiaFLSurf Losing in the 90th

SELL on the Falcons. I suck.

10. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

I'm not sold on the Dolphins yet. Although our defense can keep us in any game. We have a tough schedule coming up, still 4 division games, and our last 5 games are against good teams, Pats twice, Giants, Cowyboys, Redskins. And looking forward to playing the Bills this week. Should be fun!!

11. Futuriistiics

Futuriistiics Walk On

Don't forget, my team gave up 8 turnovers last time we played. I'd like to try to make it competitive for you, so at least one of us can have some fun, but my guys must like to screw me over in critical situations.

I need to win though, or I'm 0-4 in the division. It's a shame the Pats lost their user coach as I thought we in the AFC East could have one of the top divisions between the 3 of us (if I ever get my act together)

• Like Like x 1
  12. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I'm buying Miami and San Francisco and selling New England and Atlanta (because if the coach says they suck, they suck) :p

• Like Like x 2
  13. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

I buy the Chargers...they are looking good after 5 straight victories and a game against a Jags team without MJD next week. Plus they got stronger in the WR core and are the defending AFC Champs!

• Like Like x 2
  14. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I wonder how the new guys will effect the playoff races. They have rebuilding teams but will they knock somebody out? That's an interesting new dynamic : )

15. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

San Fran making an ugly run!