BV Borussia 09 e.V. Dortmund

Discussion in 'TFL: League 1 Red' started by Krebstar425, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

[​IMG]

2. hedache

hedache Walk On

I'll tell you what Jc:rgen Klopp is planning, he's planning about being the king of all whiners. I heard he's making a list of possible excuses on his laptop. Rumor is, he is using Word while he should be using Excel. First but not the last mistake he will be making this season.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Krebstar425

[​IMG]

Atletico Madrid 4 - 1 Borussia Dortmund

Well, it wasn't the start that the supporters were hoping for and in a way, it was the same Dortmund we saw two seasons ago in the TFL 1 Liga. They created chances, but put two crucial shots off the frame of the goal. Shots that captain Nuri Sahin said would've been crucial.

"If we scored those two goals, it would've been 3-1 and we would've won the game. We could've sat back and held the ball and they wouldn't have scored two more. It's as simple as that. We have to get those shots in the goal. They would've beaten the keeper. Those two shots were the reason we lost today. I don't want to say the other side were lucky to win, but I think they know they escaped two bullets and realized it was far closer than the score will ever show."

One of the goals given up by Dortmund was the definition of a "gimme" as Dortmund keeper Roman Weidenfeller kicked the ball straight into the path of a Madrid player from a goal kick. He was not available after the game for a comment, but he looked very distraught after his mistake.​

The current talking point came in the 89th minute when Dortmund defender Neven Subotic chopped down a Madrid player right in front of the box. He was immediately shown a red card, but had started walking off the pitch before the card was even shown. When asked about the situation after the game, Subotic was extremely fired up about the situation.​

"That was a message. Show us respect, or we will not respect you. One minute to go, up by three goals and you want to score more? We don't allow ourselves to be treated that way, so I took matters into my own hands. I know what I did. I'd do it again. I wish I would've tackled him harder. I'll do it the next game I play if I have to. The game was over. We were barely moving forward and were resigned to the result, but they want more? I gave them more than they can handle."

Subotic has been suspended for the clubs next game against Hamburg and is expected to be replaced by Dede in the starting eleven. Manger Jürgen Klopp has not yet commented on the situation but is expected to do so shortly.​

4. Krebstar425

[​IMG]

Jürgen Klopp didn't seem happy after his sides first game of the season, in which they lost 4-1 to Atletico Madrid, but he didn't seem upset. Klopp almost seemed to have expected the result and knows that his side have a long way to go to gain promotion. In their last season in the TFL 1 Liga (the leagues second season, first for the division) his side finished 9th. He knows exactly why this was.​

"We didn't finish. It's as simple as that. I dare you to point to a team in all of TFL who creates better chances than we do and plays prettier football than we do. You will not find one. However, I also dare you to find a team who finishes as poorly as we do. You will not find one."

Klopp must have been horrified to see two shots off the frame once again hurt his team. Right?​

"It's very early and to be honest, we're facing a team that was in the Premier League for two seasons. They're battle tested and they're going to always be tough. When we made it 1-1, I should've played more for the draw. I think if we did that, perhaps we could've escaped with a point."

When asked if the missed shots changed the outcome of the game, Klopp agreed with his captain, Sahin.​

"Of course. We score those two, I think we win. But we didn't score those two. No offense, but we didn't give up great goals. We played poorly defensively and they capitalized on our mistakes."

Lastly, Klopp was asked about his side mounting a title campaign.​

"We're not aiming for first place. Sorry if that is shocking, but our sights are set on third. It's more realistic for us and our goal is promotion, not a title."

5. Krebstar425

[​IMG]

Borussia Dortmund 0 - 0 Hamburg

The first point of the season has been captured and it came at Signal Iduna Park where Dortmund and Hamburg played to a scoreless draw. The closest chance of the game for either side came in the first half as Kevin Großkreutz fire a shot from outside the box and it came off the post. That is three posts for BVB in the last two game and three possible goals that could've lead to five more points than they currently have. However, the side seemed to be happy with the result. Mario Götze said after that the team were in very high spirits.

"We're glad to just get that first point and be able to hold a team as good as they are to no goals. We've played them a lot, not only two seasons ago, but in friendlies in Germany. We know each other so well, so I'm not surprised by the result. We'll take whatever points we can get and next week hopefully we can pick up more."

A bright spot for BVB other than the point was the play of Felipe Santana who was filling in for Neven Subotic after his red card in the first match of the season. He showed that BVB have another center back who can come in if ever needed.

Next week will bring another matchup with a German side, this time Bayern Munich. Also, one of three Spanish sides in 1 Liga, as BVB will face off against Sevilla.

6. hedache

hedache Walk On

It's hard to read these fonts, can you make it a little larger?

7. Krebstar425

[​IMG]

Borussia Dortmund 0 - 4 Sevilla

It was a familiar sight to see. Dortmund chasing the ball and chasing goals. Sevilla easily dispatched the German side tonight, and they did it by stretching them across the field with their 4-3-3 formation and speed. At times, it looked like Dortmund had lost all their form and shape defensively that helped them to a 0-0 draw against Hamburg. They were often too far in front of the ball or in the wrong position to properly close down the attackers and it showed on the scoreline, four unanswered goals. When Mats Hummels, central defender, was asked about the performance after the game he was anything but easy on his team.

"We lost focus. We had no idea what we were doing out there. It was embarrassing, especially for a match here in Dortmund. We never were in control and were always chasing. Matches like this are why we're already fighting relegation from this league. If we don't get a result in Munich, we'll already be in trouble."

Dortmund do travel to Munich later this week for their second match of the week and what Hummel said already seems to be floating around the supporters as well. When leaving the stadium, many only had short, angry comments. Some were optimistic of shooting for the magical seventh place that would keep their team in the league, but everyone knows the game in Munich is huge, even for this early in the season.​

We'll have the transcript from Jürgen Klopp's press conference soon. ​

8. Krebstar425

[​IMG]

Zenit St. Petersburg 1 - 3 Borussia Dortmund

Yes, this team can win. In a thrilling encounter today, BVB pick up their first win of the season and a very valuable three points as well. Lucas Barrios scored three goals in the win and Alves was also shown red for Zenit late in the match. Dortmund didn't control as much possession as usual, but when they did, they tried to make it count. The score doesn't tell the story of the game, though, as Dortmund were lucky to come out with all three points. One moment in particular that has the Russian press going insane is that Barrios himself went down injured in the Zenit half. Zenit then quickly played the ball out. However, on the insuing throw, Dortmund kept the ball and attacked. When asked about the incident, manager Jürgen Klopp gladly shared his thoughts.

I understand why they're upset, but that moment didn't define the entire game. It was not my call. The players played it back in quickly, I wasn't shouting at them to do so. Also, Lucas was injured, as he was limping after the game and is now. There was no simulation. Perhaps if they weren't tackling so hard, it would've been avoided. They received a red card, yes? That speaks for itself.

Klopp was then asked about the performance of Barrios and what it meant to the team.

Lucas showed why he is one of the best today. In this league, he's one of the best strikers. He can do it so many ways. With him up front, we always have a chance to score as he can head the ball but also run with it and assist teammates.

Dortmund's next game this week in the league is against Spanish side Villarreal.

9. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

Zenit Manager Responds to Comments

(Dylema on calling the tackling too hard)

We came to win the game, they want us to tackle harder? I thought they were a German football team not a bunch of Spaniards who have no idea what a good tackle looks like.

(Dylema on the red card)
    That red card came when were on are back foot expecting to have the ball played back to us. Bruno is one of are best players he only went into the tackle because it was his last effort before the player was clean through. To say we were playing dirty is insane. We are a high pressure club and for the most part we stay on are feet, to say we are dirty is a shot at the club and one we will not forget.

(Dylema on the manager claiming innocence)
    You know it's tough to call. It happened on the opposite side of the benches so you never know. But he came out saying we played dirty and tackled too hard. It's tough to think in your heart of hearts that he's telling the truth. Lets just say we'll have these quotes on a board for are next meeting.

10. Bryan Colmenares

Bryan Colmenares Walk On

Valencia Manager comments to the insult

(Bryan on the insult)

I know this is my last season for the spaniard team, but you watch what your saying, you don't insult my team or anyone elses spaniard team in La Liga EVER, you Russians don't know a single thing on world class football, do you watch Spanish Soccer? Do you wonder WHY all the Premier League is buying SPANISH players? When was the last time a Russian team won the Champions League? This is the most upmost outrageous insult to a Spanish Defender to read, how can you forget the best defensive work from Sergio Ramos, Puyol,Pique. ALL STARS , where is Russia? No where on defense, I am disgusted that such a manager would even say that, I hope we play...so I MYSELF can show you how to tackle, I don't give a damn on what the score is, I'm going to show you Spanish Football

11. hedache

hedache Walk On

Now I understand what it is like to manage a bigger and more successful club. You don't have time for stuff like this when you're winning :) I used to have to do these press conferences 3 times a day. You wouldn't know tiring it gets storming out of that room every few hours.

12. Krebstar425

[​IMG]

Jürgen Klopp has announced that two players will not be included in the squad for the club's next match. After a much publicized incident in their win over Zenit, which saw the Russian club play the ball out so an injured Lucas Barrios could receive treatment, only to have Dortmund play on and eventually score a goal, Klopp has decided to act and show that he is not happy with what happened. It was announced today that the two players who Klopp holds responsible for the disrespectful incident will not be included in the starting lineup or on the bench for their next match.​

Those two players are both regular starts on the left side of the Dortmund team. Left back Marcel Shemelzer and attacking midfielder Shinji Kagawa.​

To add to this, Neven Subotic will also miss the next match, against Villarreal, as he'll be serving his one game suspension for his red card foul against Bayern Munich. This means that three starters will not take place at all in the next match.​

Klopp released a statement today regarding the situation and his reason for the suspensions.​

The disrespect that was shown is not something this club teaches or values. For some reason, those two players did something they should not have and to show how serious we take this, they will not play in the next match. All I can do is offer my apologies to all of those at Zenit St. Petersburg and hope that this will not be the start of something ugly with them. What happened is not Dortmund. It's not what this club represents. We must try and fix it in some way. I can only hope that in future meetings with them, it will be put behind us. If they have a player go down, we will put the ball out of play and knowing them, they will return it to us as it's the right thing to do. Just what we should've done for them. What happened in that game was two players not thinking clearly and forgetting how to carry yourself on the pitch.

13. Krebstar425

[​IMG]

In what will become a regular practice for BVB starting now, they traveled to Berlin for a friendly against another German side, Union Berlin. As of now, the club have stated they want to only play German or Austrian sides in these quick training matches, but they would gladly play friendlies against those in the TFL Premier League or League 2. In the first of these upcoming matches, BVB defeated the second division German side by the score of 2-1.​

In the first half, Lucas Barrios was taken down in the box and Nuri Sahin easy put home a penalty for the early lead. Late in the second half, though, Berlin can storming back with a goal of their own. It didn't take long for BVB to respond, though, as Lucas Barrios scored what would become the game winner.​

The club also played without the three players who will be suspended in the upcoming league game, so we saw a taste of the formation we'll see in that. Santana looked strong filling in at CB for Subotic, however the absence of Kagawa was clearly noticed on the left. It'll be interesting to see how the side can cope without him during his suspension.​

14. hedache

hedache Walk On

Wow you're going down the same road most Turkish teams do. Play cheap ass German teams and evaluate your team in accurate and end up with a disappointing season. Wait, you end up with that regardless, so maybe it doesn't matter. :)

15. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

No breakdown of our match? : /

16. Krebstar425

:(

Sorry, I just kind of put it off and then felt it was too late. Nothing against you, sir! I'll make a spectacle out of the next one. ;)

17. hedache

hedache Walk On

Even some United Nations Berlin team gets a breakdown for a friendly match, that's how much Krebstar425 respects you :rolleyes:

18. Krebstar425

I respect Merih. Just not Bayern Munich and their ass. (y)

19. Merih

Lol ouch...

Us German squads should have a healthy respect for each other!

20. Krebstar425

BVB have respect for Hamburg SV, but Bayern....ehhh...okay, fine. The more German in this league, the better. Just stay away from my young German talent. ;)

21. Krebstar425

[​IMG]

Borussia Dortmund 3 - 3 Valencia

It was an interesting game and that can be seen just from the score itself. Yellow cards, six goals, red card and a penalty in the 90th minute. Just another day in League One for BVB it seems. The draw puts them at five points for the season and still in the middle of a relegation battle. The club's next two games come against Olympique Lyonnais and Villarreal and both will test the side's physical and mental strength. The game with Valencia was rather physical as well, which is something Jürgen Klopp dedicated his post match press conference to. Below are some of the highlights, first are Klopp's thoughts on the game, other than his complaints.​

We played very well in the attacking third and due to some great saves, were denied several times. If their keeper wasn't playing at the level he did today, I think we could've easily won this. However, he was up to the challenge and made it hard to get anything by him. He was their best player I think.

My main concern with this game, and I want to be very clear that it has nothing to do with the result itself. But it's the there were multiple times during this match where my players were put at serious risk due to overly aggressive tackling. Earlier this season, I commented on how I thought Zenit were tackling too hard? Barely. This was a different level. They looked like their goal was to hurt us. Mario Götze limped off the field after receiving the tackling that brought the red card. You should be confused as to what tackle I'm talking about, as there should've been three or four red cards. However, my players knew how to dodge the attempted assaults on them.

Something must be done to protect our players from such violence. I speak for all players, all teams. This kind of tackling can not happen here. It's damaging to the game.

Other than that, I thought we played well and this could be a big point in our attempt to stay in this league. We have two big games coming up, so my focus will now be on them. Hopefully Mario is fit and able to play, but after the tackle he suffered, I'm not sure if he'll be alright.

This was also the match which saw Schmelzer and Kagawa suspended as well as Subotic for a previous red card offense. All three are set to be back for BVB's next match.​

22. Merih

Love this thread...awesome stuff Kreb!

23. Krebstar425

[​IMG]

Borussia Dortmund 2 - 3 Villarreal

Remember when Jürgen Klopp was upset a few seasons ago in the TFL? Remember when he was upset last week? Well, that was nothing. Following tonight's loss against Spanish side Villarreal, Klopp absolutely went off in the press conference, when he stormed out after answering only a few questions, each of them rather angrily. Here's the transcript:

How damaged are your chances of survival in the league after this loss?

They're obviously extremely damaged. Anyone who can read a fucking league table knows this. You don't have to ask me that question as I'm sick of dealing with it.

Do you feel that your team deserved to win tonight? If so, what made it not possible?

We deserved to win by several goals. As for the second part of your question, the score made it not possible.

Is the lack of ability to close out a game shown by this team something that has come as a result of your approach to them or is it something else?

If we had proper penalty calls in this league, you wouldn't be asking me this. My players get chopped away at in the box every fucking week. There is your answer. You need more? Fuck off! How about that? We played the best we ever have in this league and that includes two seasons ago. Few teams in this league can build an attack like we do and have the passing ability that we do. Very few! Why can't we win? Go ask someone who does win. Maybe they know. But for now, fuck off!

Klopp did not let the media speak to any of his players, but it's clear that he's not happy with the direction of his side this season even after he's commended them several times on playing fantastic.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Bryan Colmenares

Bryan Colmenares Walk On

LOL

25. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

This won't get better until the FIFA masses accept user error in the game (which is likely never) and FIFA codes players to actually play the game away from the ball. We have even some of the best players on this board that complained, manual wasn't fun because the game isn't accurate enough on passing or crosses or shots. I shouldn't have to be scared of a 5'8 speedster out jumping, out muscling, and consistently out-positioning my 6'4 center back for a header, but hey, it's FIFA.

When I don't play in the league, I'm an all-manual guy like Darlon now. There's more freedom and although you can get good at crosses, passing and shooting on manual, the success rate on all are more in line with real life and it is definitely more palatable. There is still suction headers and such, but you can see that they attempted to tone it down with the manual settings.

But really, it all goes back to FIFA players accepting the fact that all of your crosses, headers, shots, and passes shouldn't be nearly as accurate as they are on assisted or semi. Until that happens don't expect FIFA to change too much.

• Like Like x 1