Cal Bears Recruiting Summary

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Colemanchu, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Cal Bears Recruiting Summary

The Bears will looked to add a couple playmakers on defense and possibly one at wide out. Other than that we will look to fill all scholarships available and add depth.

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Week 1 is a huge dissapointment as Cal doesnt get any commit's from the number of recruits who have #1.

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Just landed number 8 tackle in the country Sam Timbers. Really nothing special about this kid but it never hurts to add depth to the O-Line.

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Cal has landed their 5 Star recruit in #2 QB Ricky Hayden. Though small at 5'11" and under 200 lbs. Hayden has an exceptional arm (A-THP, B+THA) and should make a run at starter come next spring.

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I recently secured the #1 C in the country. It's always nice to get a top notch player at this position since it seems there aren't very many every year. More importantly Oregon finished second.:D

6. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Very nice. TE and C are always the toughest to recruit on offense.

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

As for another position that seems hard to get guys at Cal just inked the #7 FB in the country. Despite only being a 3 star recruit he was top 5 on my board both out of necessity and his interest in other user schools. We also signed the #26 WR, he is B+ spd and B+ cth so he will fit in with all my slow receivers, but atleast this guy can catch. If we can now just land a couple of the defensive players we are after it should be a good spring in Berkely.

8. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Just landed the #21 DE in the country. Had him on my board for about 5 or 6 weeks and at #1 for about 3. Decided I had room for another 4 star and when I offered he commited on the spot.

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Dang good job man looks like ou are putting together a good class to go with your undefeated PAC-10 champs. Keep up the good work.

10. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Are you talking to yourself?

11. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

That is very odd. It's like he forgot he was reading his own post.

12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Positive reinforcement. If you think you can you will.
    Actually it was just some shameless self promotion. I am now adding you two to my list of fans though.

13. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Just signed a four star qb. More of a change of pace/scrambler than anything. Hopefully we can find a few plays for him. Also I had a decent four star rb ready to visit and was going to offer him a scholarship when I realized he was A spd. Oh well just wasted time I could have put into the defense.

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

(pats cole on back) Way to go man, nice job! (mumbles under breath..."damn hippies are stealing my recruits!")

Just kidding man you have a nice class going here.

15. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Blitz finds this whole thing very disturbing.

16. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Call it positive thinking if you want, I call it crazy *waves finger around ear*

17. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Crazy like a fox!

18. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

The finally week of the regular season brought in a 3 star tackle in Terrance Mohn. He looks to grade out well but we have to see if that translates on the field.

19. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

4. Players may "earn" the right to recruit additional players by playing well and just being good sports. (Total number of recruits must still remain at or under the total leaving that season) Below is a list of in-game goals, and what players may do as a result of achieving them.

1- Show up for all member vs. member games = recruit an additional five-star player
    2- Win a Conference Championship = recruit an additional five-star player
    3- Win the BCS National Championship = recruit an additional five-star player
    4- Win 10 games = recruit an additional four-star player
    5- Win a bowl game = recruit an additional four-star player
    6- No rule violations (recruiting or otherwise) = recruit an additional four-star player

So far I have locked up 2 and 4, and only number 3 is out of reach I think....