Cal stops aggressive Washington team

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jfosh, Nov 23, 2010.

1. jfosh

jfosh Super

When coach Hellisan reflects on this game he might ask himself how it got away. This game saw more than its far share of offensive gashing with Washington doing most of the work. HB Deontae Cooper was able to get off for 135 yards rushing and 3 touchdowns. QB Nick Montana was 16-22 for 324 yards and 1 TD.

Neither team could take control of the game, when you looked at the scoreboard no more than 4 points separated the two teams after the first score. Despite the score being so close Cal had benefited from 3 turnovers that lead to Bear scores. It's hard to fault a team for being aggressive but Montana tried to fit the ball into some tight spots and just did not get away with it. On the other side of the ball Cal moved the ball well from the 20 to about the 35 Once in UW territory the hards were much harder to get.

2 plays helped Cal win the game. With 20 seconds left in the 1st half facing a 4th and 14 from the UW 40, Cal had a 14 mph wind at its back and weighed the fg, k, or going for it. Feeling it wasn't much of a gamble to go for it after talking it over after a time out. The Bears dropped back and were able to convert the 1st and get it into the endzone before time ran out. Taking the lead at the half.

The 2nd play came late in the 4th on Cal's final drive. The Bears converted a long 4th down to extend the game winning drive. The Huskies held the Bears to 0-7 on 3rd down.

Aslong as there is time on the clock the Huskies have a chance. Trying to tie UW , moved the ball in chunks down the field. This lead to a final FG shot to tie the game. Of course the ICE came out + 14mph wind blowing left to right. From the left hash the kicked looked like it had a chance but did not go securing the victory for the Bears.

GG Helli always a pleasure to play. Next up the Golden Axe game against Stanford. Very tough game coming

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

go hold your baby Helli and all the pain will go away.... :thumbsup:

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Cal #1 team in the nation now...

4. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

LOL, Helli pops out a seed and his game goes to shit! 'Da Bears are putting in work all over the place. Nice win Fosh.

5. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

and to think i had Cal dead to rights earlier in the season up 17-7 and driving for a potential 3 score lead in the 3rd qtr when boom, my QB gets hit and his pass goes donald on him and DT or LB i can't remember, grabs it out of the air and takes it to the house.

changed the whole game and apparently Cal's whole season up to this point.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Glad to see Fosh this one, he played a good game. But, a lot went his way in this one too. It was a fun game where at the end you kinda wished it had been recorded or something, a lot of crazy shit happened.

From my perspective there were three separate issues that lost me this game.

*stick control. I had none today. I botched easy picks, missed wide open hit stick opportunities and turned them into big plays.

*wrong button INT. Had a wide open guy deep, instead gunned it straight to a covered guy, boom, pick.

*Montana just throwing one really bad ball. It was a typical flood play where we had a guy open in the middle of the zone. Wide open really, for a 5-7 yard gain. Montana (93 THA) throws it about 8 yards off target right to the safety who was 15 yards downfield. Never seen that bad of a throw from Montana.

Win some, lose some. You're not gonna win too often when you give up three turnovers and only ge one.

It came down to a kick that would have tied the game. I was in plenty of range and had a 14 MPH wind going my way. But getting iced is no joke, I can't remember it happening other than this game in NCAA 11. I couldn't see the meter AT ALL. Wow. Even with the 14 MPH wind I think I mishit it so bad that I was 5-10 yards short.

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Ice Ice Baby...

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I do love how anytime there's a game report where I lose everybody comes in and just masturbates all over it, and anytime I post about a win it's just not nearly as sexy. :)

9. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

man what the fuck is going on? i leave for like two weeks and Fosh is the best team in the country?!?!?!?

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

*Snickers at the thought* Oh well scoreboard. You suck Fosh and you know it.

11. jfosh

jfosh Super

Just like last year the Pitt game sent us backwards this year it set us going forward. Oh nad no losses to the CPU helps out

12. jfosh

jfosh Super

LOL... we just try and do enough to win

13. jfosh

jfosh Super

+1 we like this

14. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Love this comment lololol.....tough being at the top of the mountain, heh?

15. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Badgers are chucking wood..........bring it on Cal.....we will avenge Bruce Burton!!!

16. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Hello Helli, you win alot and lose to me often ;) but not much to everyone else...so it is kinda a big deal around here.

[​IMG]