Cal VS buffs

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by moparjoe, May 24, 2012.

1. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

IrishBearcat I would like to play around 7 pm central tonight, if I can get off work earlier I will pm you.

2. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

I have an extremely busy day until 8 PM EST.

I may some time to relax before we kickoff, but 830/9 PM EST should work.

3. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

THATS 8 MY TIME, OK BY ME SEE YOU THEN.

OH YEAH, BRING YOUR B GAME NOT THE A GAME

HA:rolleyes:

4. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

You coming? Fall asleep, I want to get this over. I'm ready to play my new ghost recon.

Por favor

• Like Like x 1
  5. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

Ok it's 9 now, is this some type of conspiracy. I can't play tomorrow, guess have to SIM, that's 3 in 1 season. Not worried about record, but I'm not gaining any experience in this league this way.

6. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

I'm just giving you a hard time, but really can't play tomorrow.

Hope your day is a little more restful, I know how you feel. We have 6 sub sea projects we are working on now, hopefully I won't have to back to Africa until Jan or so.

7. IrishBearcat

Extremely sorry man, I got caught up with something that absolutely needed my attention.

Could you play Saturday around 3:30 PM EST?

8. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

Maybe, I'm going out of town. I'll let u know.

It's cool, no worries

9. IrishBearcat

If you can't play I'll take the sim again this week. No worries man, apologies once again. Didn't mean to leave you hanging as it's a huge pet peeve of mine when others do it to me.

10. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

I could kickof at 9:30 PM EST tonight. Could you make that moparjoe ?

IrishBearcat I can make it now if you want, or later is fine. Traveling in morning

11. IrishBearcat

I'm off work at 9:00 PM EST. I should be home around 9:20 EST. I'll hop online asap, definitely no later than 9:30. Thank you for your patience man and veyr glad we worked this out. :)

12. IrishBearcat

moparjoe

GG man. Wasn't trying to run up the score there. Simply trying to get a first down. The offenses were BAD all day. My talent made some big plays for me which really was the difference in the game. I had a full intention of running OOB if a TD was an option and making sure no more points were on the board, and that's what I did. I hate when people run up the score, that wasn't my motive.

13. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

Couldn't find way back to pm on phone, you speak very well, and get your message across very concisely. You should run for freaking class president or something, remind me of a politician. But after conversation, all I can say is I agree with all you had to say, that is why I chose to talk it out, I don't need 3rd party in my conversations. But really, you have a knack most people don't about handling situations with diplomacy, I respect that alot.
    My apologies, and GG. It is aggravating and hard to get used to severe talent differences in between the teams.

14. IrishBearcat

Ha, I don't know about the politician/class president stuff - my professors would probably have a different perspective of that! :D

I just hope you understand as commissioner I'm held to a much much higher standard. When I have unhappy members, I really try and do my best to acommodate them. I don't make the league, the MEMBERS do. I simply run this machine. It does take a lot of extra work but I think its worth it and everyone would agreed this is one of the more rewarding leagues on this site.

My BEST advice to you: Since you are extremely behind the curve in terms of games logged (experience) with this cycle and only have average talent, it will be a STRUGGLE. You should do much much better in '13 starting from square one with all of us. That simply won't be enough though IMO.

If you wanna be good in any league it does take some work. You can still be very good even if you don't put a lot of extra time and you simply stick around and keep logging you games for experience. Only doing that has a ceiling though.

I'd recommened NCAAstrategies.com (using the sim-style strategies from there, sort through the cheese and bs) as a great tool. The most important thing is to ASK for help. If you had trouble stopping or executing something, many guys have great advice here and are willing to help.

I'm not the best, but I think I'm a solid player. There is no way I'd be half as good if I didn't pester others for advice, do some research, hit practice mode often, and take the effort to become a player who can do some damage. It doesn't have to be a lot of time, an extra 30 minutes after or before a game can make a player much much better.

If you need any help or have any questions, I am always willing to advise you with what I have learned. Just shoot me a PM. :)

15. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

Thanks IrishBearcat, mostly I'm going to put more emphasis on being better mentally, need to tone down competitiveness. I have been doing extra playing, like u said it will come with time.
    Am excited for '13

• Like Like x 1