Call Your Bust Now

Discussion in 'Between The Lines' started by Hellisan, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

No this isn't a titty discussion.

NFL Draft.

Call out a guy that you think's gonna be a complete bust.

I'm gonna say Blaine Gabbert. Every year there is a QB that starts getting hyped up by draftnicks, and they all look at each other and go "yeah!" and then start repeating it and I dunno... I always wish I could figure out who was the first guy to speak up about the guy... This guy came from NOWHERE. Yeah I knew he was more physically talented than Chase Daniel... I saw him play against San Diego State and maybe a couple other games during his career. He never stood out. Unlike Jake Locker I never heard somebody say "one day this guy will be a first round pick."

I feel that these people are almost being paid to hype these guys up and essentially "move up" the smart teams in the mid to late first round. If they can get the dipshit teams to think that Aaron Curry is the "safest" pick, or that J.P. Losman is "in that first round group" it is obviously very worthwhile to those smarter teams.

What else could it be!? I haven't seen any highlights of Gabbert that even looked that great. His throwing motion looks like a high school kid. He had decent measurable athleticism but certainly didn't look impressive to me on the field. His stats are DWARFED by his predecessor, who ran the same system and is not in the NFL. It's not like the Big12 really plays defense anymore, I would have expected him to light it up.

I think he's gonna suck.

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Great thread

Da'Quan Bowers

3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Since Carolina has the first pick, I have been following this draft that much more. I think their are several guys that I have big time concerns about.

I agree with both names listed so far, Gabbert and Bowers. But I actually think Blaine will stick around in the league as an Alex Smith type guy who doesn't really start, but is always someone's backup. His arm is probably B/C+ (see what I did there?), but I overlooked his athleticism until watching a replay game on ESPNU the other day against Oklahoma. The guy has great size and seems like a decent enough character.

Bowers I could see being out of the league in the next 5 years. I've seen the guy live tons of times and actually have a tiny bit of insider info as my girl's cousin is a recently drafted 4-yr starter for Clemson. Basically all arrows point to this guy being a clown. Not a hard worker, doesn't like to hit the weight room or the training field. I think he has sort of coasted on being a physically dominant player and that his heart isn't into the game.

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Jake Locker does not look like a NFL QB to me......is even hyped that much?

Cam Newton..............BUST.

5. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Does Ryan Mallet count? He would scare me half to death if Cleveland took him.

Nick Fairley or Marcel Dareus take your pick. Each will eat their way out of the league in less than 5 years.

6. BDSDIGITAL

I also think Andy Dalton will be the best QB in this class in 5 years. But not even that good. Quality starter type, that's it. The rest of these QB's I think will stink.

7. Blaza

Locker is still pretty heavily hyped. He's jumped his way back into the first round and is climbing. I agree--I think he needs a lot of work to be good.

Cam---maybe its because I'm right in the middle of the hypestorm, but I could actually see him doing something. Guy has a floor of Freeman in my opinion. Now character? He's a scummo. Guy is so cocky its a joke and I'm a little nervous he's gonna try to bang my girlfriend if the Panthers draft him. But as an SEC connoisseur, I can assure you the guy is a special special athlete. He did things that I've never seen anyone come close to doing and he is obviously a winner. I think at the end of the day with Cam you have to ask yourself if you are comfortable drafting a bad person. I think we can all agree that Vick is not an angel, but if there was a draft today with him in it, he'd have to go super high--right?

8. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I don't like any of the QB's this year.

Otherwise, I'm not a big Julio Jones fan.

I think that's my final answer.

Guys I'm high on, for whatever that's worth:
    JJ Watt
    Ryan Kerrigan
    Mikel Lashoure
    Jerrel Jernigan

9. BDSDIGITAL

I think someone's gonna take it in the poop shoot on Cam. Hoping the Bengals get screwed on that.

10. Blaza

I think Julio will be a stud. He knows how to use his humongous body well and he showed the kind of wheels he had with a 4.3 at the combine.

Good thread btw @Hellisan

11. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

@Blaza

hmmmm on Bowers

12. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I think Cam Newton is an obvious pick here...if he gets picked #1, I will kick a child....

I also agree with Bowers...I saw him on SportsNation and he honestly reminded me of Randy Jackson...yeah, the Randy Jackson on American Idol.

13. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

someone said Julio? wow! he was ready for the NFL out of high school! :) but really he was haha

14. Blaza

LOL!! Dude I have met the guy and I really, really think he might be gay. He rocked the dreds with the frosted tips and plays in this weird guitar band with these old guys. Doesn't look like he gave 2 shits about getting laid.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blaza

Yeah dude Julio is a freak.

16. Iron Mickey

Yes, he is getting hyped like a mother. I agree though about Locker, excellent athlete....but too much happy feet and is a very erratic passer.

He reminds me of this former QB who was suppose to be the next Brett Farve...

[​IMG]

17. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Anybody from Penn St. is guaranteed bust status.

• Like Like x 2
  18. BDSDIGITAL

its funny because it's true.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Tennessee fans are still bitter at Julio's career day in Knoxville this past season and they're wishing him a horrendous career. He is a stud WR with great blocking ability. I would worry about how he holds up in the pros though. In his 3 years at Alabama he never could stay healthy but he was good about playing through the pain.

20. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Cam Newton

Gruden: "Name me an Auburn play"

Newton: "Awwww man. ahhh. uhhh.. ummm... I just look to the sideline and see 38 on the whiteboard. Thats a play"

Good luck, bro.

• Like Like x 5
  21. Iron Mickey

Boy, Aaron Maybin the latest too. Plain aweful

22. Blaza

Hahaah, I saw that and it looked baaaaaaaaaad.

"You're really puttin me on the spot Jon"

23. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Yeah Obviously they didn't teach how to read yr playbook at the Barn for this Dumbfuck. Scammy is gonna need every bit of his 260 lb's to survive the hits he's gonna take with whatever team takes him. and Fairly don't get me started on this Jackass, Hope he gets absolutly schooled by the O-line's in the NFL. Glad they Made Ingram the Cover for Ncaa 12, But I already had my own Cover Just in Case it was someone else.

24. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Maybin is not a bust yet but will be after this season.

This drafts bust. Cam Newton.

Gabbert is overrated but I think he will be okay. I agree with whoever from above that Andy Dalton will be a quality player in the NFL.

Other guys I like:
    Patrick Peterson
    Prince Amukamara
    JJ Watt
    Cameron Jordan
    Vonn Miller
    AJ Green

Guys I don't like:
    Julio Jones
    Bowers
    Robert Quinn
    Ryan Mallett