calling dunlap on the carpet

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Nov 18, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

he used to have witch hunts so call it what you may, but his 2 games that were televised were some of the cheesest cheese feast i've ever heard about. 90% blitz, audibles on both sides like crazy. It's gotta stop and someone, dunn, west, jeremy, someone, has to talk to him. the worse thing for this league is to have dunlap as champ. hes cheesy. i am glad he won because now maybe we can do something about it. gaddy and vishal won't turn him in so I am doing it. this doesnt stop ill boot him with no vote.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Dunlap will NEVER admit that he did anything wrong.

3. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

It need to be someone other than Nate honestly, we need to have someone on the rules commitee take him aside. I also saw last night and it looked as if he purposefully booted Garrard a few times, and blew the dont run backwards out of the water... HOWEVER, Gaddy was also running backwards and such and the reason that this game was emphasized was because he is the one who ran it live for us so be EXTREMEMLY careful about punishing him for this courteousy I mean I think we all need to be reminded. It woudl be better to have a universal accountability system, not just top down.

So basically we need to issue some pubilc service announcements sayign we are cracking down on things, and to be aware... like the NFL does.

Then a Rules Commitee person needs to take folks aside and say "hey, your an example in this league and People are going to emulate you, I am asking you to go beyond the minimum here so that they know you can win a game straight".

Then we enforce accordingly :) but the whole league needs to report these violations, so again just focus on one a calendar week, then move on too the next... .Trust me other folks are doing it too... we just dont really care that losing teams broadcast the game :)

4. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

This is a perfect way of putting it. We can include a whole bunch of things (check rosters, read scheduling rules, alert members of rule changes, emphasis on current rules) and make each owner sign off on those things. Additionally, pull aside the culprit(s) separately and like West says, ask them to change their style and rise above.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

No offense, guys, but this won't stop guys like Dunlap. ESPECIALLY if no one reports him. So if you are gonna crack down on things, make damn sure you emphasize that if any owner sees ANY rules violation, no matter how small, REPORT it. IMMEDIATELY.

I know for a fact that Jeremy and Mustang both had issues with Dunlap last season after games played. NEITHER one reported it.

6. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Your absolelutly right Win, I am sure there is some type of unanimous reporting system we can figure out to protect folks. What we will do is encourage everyone to report even things they feel may be in the grey a little, in every situation, with documented edivence. Then based on the common threads, we will select a focus for that week for the Service Announcement and contact the folks directly. Honestly, the only way you can hold people to things, and punish violations, is to have a clear point of reference that this has been emphasized accordingly. In addition, we may want to have QC checks with owners occasionally specifically the ones who dont want to report, asking abotu some previous games. Once people knwo they can trust you not to use their name, and that we will be fair about it, I am sure you will get the participation that you want. :)

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

So our "champ" is a str8 up cheeser?

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

The problem you will have with defensive hot routes is this: You cannot tell if they are being done. With audibles or hot routes on offense, you see the quarterback move around and bark out commands. On defense, you see nothing when an audible is called.

9. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Has to be based on an Honor System, But i think if they treat assignments like movement and limit to 2 we will be fine :)