Cameron Under Investigation for Throwing Game

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by SodaAddict, Sep 14, 2010.

1. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Cameron Under Investigation for Throwing Game

At several points in today's game, Tech Quarterback Cameron seemed to be a little distracted, like when he walked off the field late in Louisiana Tech's first scoring drive with what he claimed were sore ribs, forcing Tech to go to their backup, who luckily completed the drive on 3rd down for a touchdown.

But, it is what happened at the end of the game that has the Louisiana Tech quarterback under NCAA and school investigation.

Late in the 3rd quarter of today's contest, Louisiana Tech found themselves up by 4, 37-33, in what had been an exciting game against Mississippi State. Louisiana Tech even appeared to be on their way to a victory as they had just intercepted the ball for the 3rd time of the game and had the opportunity to go up two possessions.

Then, on the ensuing drive, Louisiana Tech quarterback Cameron made one of the worst throws I've ever seen. Williams, Tech's #1 receiver had broken free on a corner route when Mississippi State's corner made a failed attempt to jam him at the line. There was nothing but daylight in front of Williams, but Cameron threw 5 yards behind the receiver and directly in to the hands of the corner who thought he had just given up a huge touchdown.

Thus, the 4th quarter began with Louisiana Tech still up by 4. Then, Mississippi State scored on the following drive and went up by 3. So, Louisiana Tech fans settled in for an exciting finish, as they have become accustomed due to quite a few doozies this season. But, something wasn't quite right. Cameron came out and pointed at the linebacker on what was going to be a WR screen in the middle of the field. As it turned out it was a perfect play call, as Mississippi State brought the heat, leaving the screen wide open. But, Cameron would again throw way behind his open wide receiver and directly in to the hands of the spying linebacker whom he had pointed out before the snap.

This set Mississippi State to go up by two touchdowns, 47-37. Still trying to be optimistic of their quarterback, the Louisiana Tech offense came back out on the field hoping to stage an epic comeback in the last 5 minutes. Then, two plays later, Tech found themselves with a wide open receiver 15 yards down field who easily could have run another 20 yards, if not more. But, instead of throwing the ball in any catchable area, Cameron overthrew his receiver by 25 yards, with the ball landing just short of the safety who should have been nowhere near the pass.

The Tech drive would stall and the rest of the game saw Cameron throwing repeatedly out of bounds or out of his receivers' reach.

Tech would go on to lose 61-37 in a game that saw them leading to start the 4th quarter.

More on this story as it develops.

2. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

Wow...is your QB a freshman?

I've just about given up on HB screens since the HB won't cath the ball until he turns aorund, and he won't turn arond until he finishes his route, and he won't finish his route until he and the 3 linemen pulling to block for him have already let enough people in that the QB gets sacked. WR screens have been fairly decent, though.

In my user game agasinst ball state, though, ball state's QB kept over throwing his recivers too...don't know if it was a product of trying to hard to come back in the game, or if theres a slider issue there after the tuning pack came out.

Anyone else had their QBs Accuracy drasticly drop over the last game or two?

3. SodaAddict

Mine was just in the 4th quarter and the last drive of the 3rd and he's a junior. He's been pretty great in the 2nd half of other games since the patch came out. It was the most insane thing I have seen. There was nothing I could do because I have nothing but shotgun and my line was getting destroyed anytime I tried to run. Frustrating, but I guess its just part of the game.

4. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

My qb's actually decent and he air mails alot of balls.. accuracy might need to be bumped up a little bit

5. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

definately something to consider...i'd love to hear from other people...my play style doesn't really let me test deep sideline passes all that well and simming won't really be a good test for it.

Maybe its a side affect of the improved CPU pass rush and the QB feels the presure so the throws are more forced, resulting in overthows and passes that lead the recivers to much?

6. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

I like that it is kinda hard. Remember that we are all bad teams so its gonna be tough to win games. But hey thats just one guys opinion.

7. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

Hard is fine...but if a QB is overthrowing his players while not under any sort of presure, and is doing it repeatedly, that's a bit unrealistic in my eyes.

Granted, it doesn't help that the WRs make almost no effort to adjust to the ball that is thrown.

8. SodaAddict

I wish the camera angles had been better on the first of the really bad pics that he threw, and don't mistake my post for complaining. I like that it's difficult. It's just crazy that I've been playing from behind all season and I finally get in good position late in a game and my QB just completely takes a dump on the field lol. The main reason I posted was to get conversation going again around here since we've all gotten busy and have basically just been playing our games and not doing much on here.

Check out the dynasty wire on my game. The very last highlight shows the interception he threw on the WR Mid Screen. My WR had green in front of him for days, but instead my QB throws completely behind him and in to the only place where it could have possibly been picked off. You'll laugh when you see it.

9. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

Ya QB accuracy on any kind of crossing routes is horrible. But thats game wide and not just this dynasty.

10. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

Looks like we had a roll back....means you all missed out on a good rant.

That said, My whole team will probalby join the investigatin...in the horrible loss to Temple, my HB tried to catch 3 passes with his head, resulting in several "behind the line" passes being picked up, the long snapper snapped a ball over my punters head and to my own 5 yard line, my defensive line gave up more penalty yards via faskmasks that my team had offensive yards, and because of all of that, I was down 21-0 with 3 min to go in the 1st. Talk about a frustrating game.

11. EnvyZero

EnvyZero Walk On

I've never seen a snap go past the qb or punter did you save a replay?

12. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

No...i was so fed up with it I just exited as soon as the game was over. In hindsite, that would have been a awesome...if sad for my team....clip

13. SodaAddict

Our teams are walking blooper reels.