Can a specific player cause a game disconnection?

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by jello1717, Aug 19, 2010.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Can a specific player cause a game disconnection?

Basis and I tried to play our OD game but we got disconnected 3 times. The first time he kicked to me and I ran 3 plays just fine. I had to punt so my kicker (who's my punter on the depth chart) came in to punt and we both got booted before all players were set.

The 2nd game was the same scenario, he kicks to me, 3 and out, my kicker comes on the field and we disconnect. The 3rd time I win the toss, elect to kick and we both get disconnected before the kickoff teams are set (again, my kicker is coming on the field).

Is it possible for a certain player (my kicker in this case or maybe his return guy) to cause a disconnection? It doesn't make sense, but this is a pretty big coincidence.

I've played 2 other user games with no issues (as well as unranked games) and Basis had just played a user game earlier tonight.

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Using the scientific method I would say remove that player from your depth chart and give it a try.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Sadly, he's my only kicker (my punter is redshirting) so I have no one else.

4. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

the guys in your dynasty were cool with you redshirting a punter and having a kicker punt for you?

anyway, in years past you were able to unredshirt players midseason. not sure if you can this year, but try putting him in the depth chart and see what happens.

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Yeah, if he told everyone that he was going to do that (or if anyone actually checked), then no, that wouldn't be cool. I assumed it wasn't which is why my senior punter punts, and my senior kicker kicks.

You should probably pull the redshirt and have them at their right spots for Saturday, Jello. It might actually work in that case.

6. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

There is no crazy increase this year in your players ratings like there was last years game. Unredshirt your punter and see if that fixes the problem