Can Ole Miss beat Florida

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by lilmaggie, Sep 3, 2009.

1. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Can Ole Miss beat Florida

No ......... I look for a final about 45- 10. Ole Miss is way overrated and is not even the best team in the West. The Gators should win easily and then the question will be who are they gonna play in the NC. I think VT will move into the #2 spot after winning thee ACC championship game.

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

It would be a shame to see Texas who didn't win its conference to get a chance to play for the National Championship. So I am with you....I hope the pollsters recognize my ACC championship win and give me a chance against Goliath.

3. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

It could happen...can Ole Miss win the turnover battle? Thats the key to any hope of an upset in the SEC Championship game.

4. tin cup

tin cup Walk On

i just hope we get to play........ i leave for vaction on monday & he's is out of town for 2 weeks.

5. txshrns

txshrns Guest

A 1 loss team like Texas should not be punished because they did not win their conference. They lost to OU which is in their division of their conf. They should do away with conf. championship games. It causes too many problems.

6. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

You should absolutely have to win your conference to play for the national championship. How can you play for a national championship when you can't win the conference championship?

7. txshrns

txshrns Guest

Lets say Penn State loses to tOSU and both have 1 loss in conference. tOSU loses to USC ooc and Penn State is the only 1 loss team in the nation. Do you still think P-State shouldn't go to the MNC? Don't think that scenario isn't possible. It can sometimes come down to a team's body of work!

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

That's a very black and white statement. As an example I'd argue emphatically that an 11-1 Georgia team that beat 5 ranked opponents and whose only loss is to an undefeated Florida should play for the NC over 5 10(11)-2 conference champions.

I think this situation in our league would be different if VT only has 1 loss. If they have 2 losses (I don't know), it shouldn't matter if they won the ACC. A 1 loss Texas team, especially one that was ranked higher than VT before VT's championship game should absolutely get the nod.

9. tin cup

tin cup Walk On

is this a ole miss vs uf thread or a texas does or does not deserve to be in title game...

10. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Ask the OP. He wrote this in the original post.

11. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

i dont care who wins, i jus wish the game would get done so we can get to bowl week already lol

12. txshrns

txshrns Guest

I'm a big enough Horn fan that I will even defend them in an XBOX dynasty league!

Hook'em Horns

13. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

The xbox has arrived. Gotta hook it up then we should be able to play. Haven't heard back from tin cup today though.

14. txshrns

txshrns Guest

Going South quick for the Rebels.

15. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Good game. Check the summary for details.

Thanks to you guys for letting me and tin cup have the extra day or two to get this game in. Appreciate it.