Can we discuss sliders suggestions?

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by sydeburnz, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sydeburnz

sydeburnz Walk On

HUM vs HUM
    1) Hum vs HUM only the kicking sliders and penaltiy sliders have an effect, let's use them!

CPU vs HUM
    1) Not enough penalties
    2) Every team kicks off through the end-zone
    3) WAY to many INTS
    4) Tackles are to strong
    5) Not enough receiver drops
    6) QB accuracy to high
    7) All American

I am not playing a powerhouse team like the majority of you are. Hokies Ducks mowed me over and stomped the preverbial mud puddle in my backside. That's fine ... their new helmets made watching it that more entertaining ... but against CPU there is no reason I just way laid #2 Wisconsin.

Is there a proper procedure for bringing up suggestions ? I know I'm the new guy ... I don't want to shake anything up .. I just like to play NCAA 13 Football as close to sim as possible and getting smacked down on every run attempt unless I audible 3 times to move the LB's is just wrong.

Example: 55 RBA not only raises the speed of the ball carrier but it also raises break tackle.

Solution: A RBA of 50 with a Tackle of 35 on both sides evens out the playing field as opposed to giving the CPU such a huge advantage. I've had CPU QB's break 3 tackles to gain 15 yds on a 3rd and long.

On my "Coach Sliders" the dynasty Heisman QBs are making 26 carries a game along with ample throws... more life like. Thats with a Pass Block of 60 and a Pass Rush of 60. Rush Block and RBA are at 50. QBA at 15 and WRC at 45 even it out with a 25 Tackle and INT of 35 to make gang tackles more important. And, those are Heisman sliders. That is the only skill level where the CPU seems to come back from being down... especially in a HFA Stadium.

With our current set the CPU QB can stand in the the pocket for an eternity ... until coverage breaks down, then they throw a huge gain or an interception. I know I have counted 6 mississippi before the qb even had to step to the side! The rl average is like 2.7 seconds! 3-5 step drop step up/bounce toss is what you would expect.

Receivers catch everything unless hit or over/under thrown. No broke tackles, non existant pancackes.

Illinois cannot run. I try 30 plays a game because I love to balance it out. But I have to pass and pass middle to deep to move the ball. I broke one run for 16 yds against WISC but they just misread my intentions and loaded up the wrong side and I was able to squirt pass the ever attending OLB sliding to my side.

I post highlights every game .. take a look .. my QB is getting hit as I throw or my RB is barely making the LOS practically every play. Against HUM A+ ***** Recruiting Teams I'm toast :)

This is my first full 12 man forum based league so forgive me if I am over-reaching. I just like to think I can lose against the CPU too.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  2. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

Running hasn't been a problem for me but I know I am in the minority on that one.

3. sydeburnz

sydeburnz Walk On

If holding were an actual penalty at least what happen to me at Oregon woulda felt more fair. There were HUGE running lanes for QB options up the middle. It was insane. Holding would have pulled a few back.

I already have you on record as " if it ain't broke don't fix it" but at teh very least you have to know penalties and kicks should be afjusted. i kicked a 52 yd FG on Oregon in Oregon ... really ?

And INT's ? Or the fact I'm the number 1 Qb in the nation in WK5 ?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  4. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Holding and Clipping should be pushed up to 55. The only time the calls get out of hand is if someone is running impact blocking or hold blocks longer. Those two adjustments are cheap because they have no consequence. I had to boost up both clipping and holding in my other dynasty to combat people just keeping those two adjustments on the entire game. None of them admitted using it like that, but when I boosted it up and only had one holding call when I played the cpu and then they had 10 or 12...I knew what was up. I think both being at 55 give a pretty realistic number of holding/clipping calls.

I think user FG accuracy should be at 35. Only because it makes you actually try to kick it dead center instead of just going through the motions and still kicking at perfect 45-50 yard FG. It just makes them not so guaranteed in user games.

5. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Don't you dare take away my FG kicking abilities! I haven't missed a FG in 20+ att's. That's the only thing I'm good at! LOL

6. charter04

charter04 Walk On

7. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

How do these work in H2H games? I know people still assume that sliders go to default in H2H games but it has been confirmed that they don't. I will try to find the tweet that confirms this.

8. charter04

charter04 Walk On

That's a great question. I don't know for sure on the H2H going to default question. The only way to test is to start a test dynasty and try it out in human v human. I can start one and plug these in an let people test a HvCPU game and HvH. It would be real easy. If anyone is interested in do that let me know. I am just not happy with our current sliders. Most HvCpu games are just blow outs or you have the CPU cheat game were they do everything right. The thing I hate the most is the crazy amount of INt's. If I make a bad pass the CPU DB's make the Int 95% of the time. I don't think one person who passes a lot has had under 20 int's for the season in our dynasty.

9. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

You can still make all FGs...you just have to be more careful. I hate how all FGs are money..especially in user vs user games. All it does is make it like the tiger woods 13 golf swing...if you do a lazy try and go left to right instead of straight back and forward..then the kick will do the same.

10. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

You don't have my shitty ISP. Lol.

Do not mess with penalty sliders. Gravity and I had a game where I had 4 roughing calls on one drive

11. Twister18

But how does an A+ FSU team lose in a sim to B+ rated Illinois? ;p

12. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Only talking about holding and clipping...its cheap as crap when people keep impact blocking and hold blocks longer turned on the majority of the game. There is consequence for it and no way to counter it. A person who doesnt use it with the clipping and holding turned up might get it called on them 1 or at most twice a game, but a person who likes to be cheap and have those to adjustments turned on will get it called about 8 times if they keep those on the entire game.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Does anyone actually use the in game adjustments??

14. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

i use concervative big run so i dont fumble but thats it

15. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I use conservative big run and will use defensive adjustments in some situations. I never use the blocking adjustments.

16. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I really don't use any game plan features. At the end of a game I used conservative big run and clock

17. Twister18

I use conservative catch and carry as well as big hits. I will use aggressive option if I am playing a read option offense

18. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

19. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Oh no the pressure is on. Lol. I hope they help.

20. sydeburnz

sydeburnz Walk On

Only issue I see is with False Start / Off Sides. CPU tends to Hard Count a ton, anything over 51 gives them upto 6 penalties a game in my experience. IF your defense adjusts to agressive defensive line it adds +5 and you will jump, but like some of you I do not use adjustments so it gives me an unfair advantage. I suggest 50 50 or 51 Offsides 52 False Start. Around 52 makes the HUM QB think twice about hard counting ... but if you see the CPU DEF jumping the snap you should do it.

• Like Like x 1
  21. charter04

charter04 Walk On

CPU QB might need to be raised.

22. sydeburnz

sydeburnz Walk On

While I'm not sure how the sliders were selected, I certainly appreciate Charter04s prowess at making them.

I will offer the following suggestions though.
    WRC 45 - receivers start dropping the ball when popped but only seldomly drop wide open passes
    QBA - 15 is about as low as you can go and still expect to be able to "steer" the pass to a shoulder, long passes have a chance to be overthrown
    Facemask should be 56 to offset the holding, defintely if you are going to keep false starts at 65 .. cpu will get creamed by penalities alone.

CPU RBA 100 and Run Block 60? At 55 the CPU will be flapping jacks all across the line, I never bothered going to 60. Interesting.
    HUM Rush Defense 35 .. at 40 your LB/CB's are slow to react to play action and options .. at 35 they will be down right lethargic. CPU Options will work well though ... to well perhaps?

If you are going that far to make the CPU competitive why not turn it up to Heisman ?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  23. sydeburnz

sydeburnz Walk On

I adjusted my coach philisophy to match my players ... perhaps you did not ?

24. sydeburnz

sydeburnz Walk On

Clipping does not work at all in 13. 55 of any penalty that works will see excessive calls except facemask, which needs to be at 56. If Roughing the Passer is at 54+ you will see morethan you care too .. at 52 you won't see any, 53 on a A+ Rush team will get to many of you are driving an OL Man. Roughing the Kicker does not exist either. Typically Pass Interference is only called if two HUM players run into each other.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  25. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I apreciate all the critique but, have you played a game with these yet? If everything has to be set as you are stating then why are there so many slider sets? Why not let everyone play, see how it goes, and go from there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.