Can we fix this

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by edge7771, Aug 21, 2011.

1. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Ole Miss won the 37-14 and it has Michigan with the win. I'm not sure why this happened because it let me save my highlights.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I know that we all want to keep playing and pushing forward, but I think we really need to consider ryno 's advice. It doesn't make much sense to keep playing if the results are just going to be random from time to time.

My only concern is that these issues came to light after the patch was announced so I don't know if the patch will address them. Do you guys know if these "throw out the real results and sim some new ones" issues will be addressed by the patch RynoAid or Shaun Mason ?

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'm all for suspending play until shit gets fixed. I think alot of this has to do with coaching contracts. My second league does not use them and we have yet to have an issue except for user games d/c occasionally.

4. jello1717

edge7771, your results never took. The sure fire way to know if they took is to look for the story on the dynasty wire. If it didn't show up there, it didn't take.

Did you see the "transfer failed" screen when trying to upload?

I would strongly suggest against saving highlights anymore. In my game against GoGators, I exited out immediately and my game took. I then told him that my game saved and he could save highlights if he wanted to. He tried to save them and his failed (but since mine took, we were fine).

In the future, always check that your game shows up on the DW (giving it enough time to upload of course as there's a delay). If it doesn't show up there, you'll have to replay it or it'll get simmed like this one.

5. jello1717

Also, if we do decide to keep pushing forward, we need to make sure that our games stick. I thought that we all knew what to look for, but apparently this isn't the case.

To my knowledge, 100% of the games that had the real results thrown out and simmed did not upload to the dynasty wire. If you don't see the base story in the "stories" section, then it did not upload (make sure you give it 5-10 minutes to upload to the wire). It doesn't matter if it shows the score in the "schedule" section or the "this week's game" section of the "dynasty hub". If there's no stock story created, then your results will get thrown out. IE. you must see this on the DW for your game to count:

[​IMG]

JCspartan2
    Big Suge Knight
    GoGators
    dakota7
    edge7771
    Nautica
    blLL flo
    texacotea
    UofCWildcat
    MaslerBoros16
    Randiesel75

6. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I think part of the problem was that the game was played and then we advanced, or attempted to advance immediately that there wasn't much time for them to see it on the DW

7. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    after checking my email after the game, I received no confirmation either way about the game result. I was sending edge7771 a message after the disconnect and it showed his status as Inactive but he said it let him finish the game. It sucks that edge took a loss in the game.

I vote to suspend play until we can get a better product via patch to play.

8. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I just posted in the scheduling forum. Good catch with the DW stuff Jello. I am hopeful that the reason we still don't have a patch is because EA was notified of the transfer failed issues and are incorporating this into the current patch. It wouldn't make sense for them to be aware of an issue and ignore it until the next patch while they have one being worked on.

I'm going to be MIA for most of the day today. I have my final exam tomorrow morning, but if you need to get a hold of me for something just tag me in a post as usual and I will get an email about it on my phone.

9. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    This was posted on Twitter under the NCAA Football profile:

We are aware of and looking into the W/L issue that some of you have been reporting with Online Dynasty. I'll update you with more info ASAP

10. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

If we're going to wait for the patch, why don't we start another OD in the meantime. Same teams, no coaching contracts.....just in case the patch does not fix our problems. If Masler's other OD isn't having problems with the transfer fail, maybe it is coaching contracts that's the problem. We might as well play in the meantime, and have some progress on a new file if we need it (instead of sitting idle while we wait)

11. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I am okay with that instead of just sitting here waiting for the patch.

12. jello1717

I'm not a fan of starting from scratch at all. I'd much rather wait if that's what we decide to do.

13. dakota7

Me too. My thought is if we wait and our current file is corrupt and unsalvageable, we have something started that we can use. By all means, if the patch works some magic and we can continue our current file in 2 or 3 weeks, that is my first choice.

14. dakota7

I don't know if you're a golfer, but think of it this way. Ever hit a tee shot that you think might've gone in the woods? You hit a second tee shot as a provisional, just in case you can't find the first one. Of course, you'll always play the first if you can, because you don't have to take the stroke. Same thing here.

• Like Like x 1
  15. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

THIS IS B#@$%#^#*(!!!!!!!

I hate EA Sports!!!!!

Honestly and I know I'm likely in the minority here, but I think this OD is garbage so far and I really don't care to keep proceeding with it. People are not getting credit for the wins they've earned and other people are getting credit for stuff they never accomplished. This hasn't just happened in normal games, but it rewarded Dakota with a B1G championship and a Rose Bowl birth. South Carolina got into the NC game when they didn't earn it either and JCspartan2 got screwed.

I think it's garbage and there's really no worthwhile history in this dynasty now that makes it worth continuing on in my eyes. What's the point of playing a dynasty if the things that actually happened didn't get recorded???

Like I said, I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority, but my vote is to wait for the patch to come out and restart this thing fresh. Otherwise, I don't see much point in it.

Also, I'm definitely not wasting my time playing games from now until they address the issue of games not being recorded. I'm not 12, I have better things to do with my time than play games that don't even exist.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I was actually thinking about everything last night. We have been bugged since day one, guys have taken losses that shouldn't have and it really affected the outcome of season one and from what I gathered while I was away, cheated someone out of a NC. I'm not a fan of how things went in season one, and the way they are going now with the game fucking people over. I'm not sure how I feel about this game all together because of all the flaws in it.

17. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

You are not in the minority here gators. I feel you 100%, and agree with everything you are saying.

18. jello1717

Not to get all mathematical technical on you, but 2 out of 12 is still a small minority. :D I don't know how the others feel so I can't say if you're in the minority, but with 2 known votes, neither can you.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

true, I should have said he was not alone instead.

20. jello1717

Just to cast my vote, as you all know, I'm a spread option guy without a spread option QB. Getting the guy to run my offense the way I want to run it is still in the future for me. Rewinding the OD back another year puts me an extra year further from getting my guy. Like Dakota, I'm all about playing with my guys instead of the default ones (especially with a team for whom I have no attachment) so this again would put me 1 more year away from where the real fun starts.

Obviously, my vote would be to continue with the file instead of starting from scratch.

21. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

I say we push on and go with Jello's advice and not save highlights. The game was starting to lag real bad late in the 4th and then said your opp has left do you wish to cont against the cpu so since it was 30-14 with 2mins left I just finished out. Once Suge was off the game ran smooth without any lag so I'm not sure if EA has a user vs user issue. I'm not a fan of starting over or putting it on hold since the patch is coming out in a week or two. It should be out before we hit bowl season so if we all get screwd here or there then so be it. Most have started building there base for the future and don't want to lose players they've brought in or are going to bring in this year, including me. I say we push through these couple of weeks until the patch comes out an then see were we stand.

22. GoGators

I thought I'd try to sum up everything that incorrectly incorporated into our file so far. If there's more to go in this list, let me know. Drumroll please:

Dakota missed a chunk of season 1.
    Bill missed a chunk of season 1.
    I missed damn near the whole thing.
    Randy has missed a lot so far.
    Jello has used 2 different teams.
    Nautica has been MIA with pneumonia.

JC was screwed out of a B1G championship and NC game.
    Dakota was falsely rewarded with a B1G championship and Rose Bowl.
    I forget if Jello or Dakota won the Rose Bowl, but the person that really won it didn't get credit for it.
    South Carolina got a NC birth.
    NU dropped a star for finishing in the top 50 while making a bowl game.
    Other programs maintained or moved up while finishing worse. (yeah I know these last two are about me :))
    Edge just got screwed out of a win vs Michigan.

So, is this the foundation we want for our dynasty??? Basically in my eyes, season 1 was a complete waste and teams have been given things they don't deserve which makes the whole dynasty a waste to move forward with.

I hear what you're saying. I prefer to get past the default rosters too because they are too inflated. However, nothing bothers me more than having things determined in a dynasty that didn't actually happen. One of the MAIN reasons I chose this dynasty over the Deuce was because last year in that league there were multiple seasons where a NC winner was determined largely in part because multiple user games were simmed. It COMPLETELY ruined the experience for me. In the end, someone got a huge leg up on everyone else from a prestige (i.e. recruiting) perspective and went on to dominate the dynasty because of it. If things are being false rewarded, I see no point in playing. I like Nautica, would rather trade the game in and grab Fifa or Forza 4 when it comes out and never look back.

Take our game yesterday, granted you probably win anyways, but you have a CPB that has no bugs so you get to use it, mine for whatever reason has bugs and I don't get to use it. You knowing all the wrinkles in your CPB is a HUGE advantage over me picking up the BSU playbook which I briefly looked at the night before. It's shit like that that is unfair and killing "my" experience here.

Then you look at Wisconsin for example, they get a B1G championship they didn't earn and what's the point? I wouldn't be happy with taking that win knowing it's going to boost all my recruiting pitches and coaching prestige to a level it shouldn't be.

Back to your comment though, perhaps there's a different team out there that you'd rather use that has a QB more to your liking. Perhaps you and I or someone else can switch conferences or something. Either way, we probably have until next Tuesday to figure it all out since there's no point in carrying on with the game in its current state. Well, for me anyways.

Also, I just want to note that restarting would suck too because I've spent a decent amount of time building my recruiting class and have finally gotten some things rolling and all that would be wasted. It does suck that this game is so shitty, but I'd rather have an OD that is built on the accuracy of games played than the phantom bullshit EA's glitches has caused to occur in our OD file.

23. GoGators

The one thing I want to point out though is that guys are being rewarded in recruiting for stuff they didn't do. I'm certain South Carolina and Wisconsin have gotten decent boosts in their recruiting pitches off making NC and winning a B1G CG & Rose Bowl when they shouldn't have. Michigan St should likely of gotten a huge boost to their recruiting from likely winning a NC game but in our OD file, they didn't even win the conference so JC is getting screwed here.

Recruiting pitches and prestige are the biggest factors in the game that determine who will have the most success, and right now those aren't accurate and will only hurt the OD going forward IMO. So if what's the point of continuing when there's going to be asterisks all over the place?

• Like Like x 1
  24. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

GoGators you brought up the fact of how inflated the default rosters are, I just downloaded a new set from the OS community and they actually look pretty damn great. I got the file from GT CK11 if you would like to give them a look

25. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

i agree with all of what GoGators said. The whole 1st season has been pretty much garbage. Nothing worked right people missed a lot of games, multiple user games werent played because they couldnt connect. The list goes on. I am with him and Nautica with saying it should be started from scratch or as I stated before trade it in towards Madden and make this a Madden league. I myself benefited from the mishap and then was shot in the foot with it also.