1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Can we please ban the aggressive ball-stripping strategy?

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Can we please ban the aggressive ball-stripping strategy?

I just saw JMS take a play off tackle and then dive to the ground when it was a possible touchdown run, rather than have to face the possibility of getting stripped. (n)

A pretty sure sign that the feature is fucked up.

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i don't use it... so im not the person to ask

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yo Coleman.. Go play your game man. You know you haven't played yet, right?

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Since you can't turn it off it will be near impossible to ban. Everytime the other guy strips the ball or gets a facemask penalty you will be curious as to wether or not they were violating the ban. I think it is just better to accept it for what it is and hope guys don't over use it. Personally I don't use it much but I do start every game on conservative run just in case my opponent does.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Guys use it constantly. lol

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Helli I dived b/c Juggs guess run left by accident and I lost 5 yards and we agreed not to use it. So he gave me a free play next down but not a 1st down.

oh yeah..........I dont use it and never will........but we dont play each other :(

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Ah, o.k.

Well juggs was using run strip so that's the only thing I could guess was that's why you dove... makes sense!

8. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah I was pretty bummed about that too. ;)

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Actually I started my game the first time and accidentally put it on family play, let fosh know and restarted. Then I played again and was up twenty in the 3rd when I passed out. Woke up just before 2am and super simmed my way to a 3 point loss, but the results didn't show. I messaged fosh about it on live today so hopefully he'll just give me a loss before he advances.

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Oh, ok!

Please disregard the mountainous heap of shit I gave you in the other thread!!!!

I don't think that Fosh can sim a loss for you though. Is that possible? I think if he sims, he has to go with the results of it...

Maybe you should go snag one yourself...

11. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

You can sim a game and then throw out the result, do it again, etc.

12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

This is what I was thinking. It would take a lot less time for this than for me to throw a game.

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Honestly? I seriously don't think there is a "sim game" option for the commish. Or does he have to go back to the schedule screen just like a user would, and it's an option for him there?

I thought the only way to "sim" was to just advance...

14. jfosh

jfosh Super

Going conservitive limits the chances of being stripped and the other team can still get their facemask penalties.

15. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Yeah Helli, that whole dive thing was just something me and JMS worked out, I accidently guessed run cause I was trying to audible late and hit the wrong button, so he ran it and i moved everyone out of the way.

16. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

Also the RB button covers up the ball for the runner.

17. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Did you guys ban the guess feature completely? I think that would not be a bad idea. Played a guy the other day that crushed me with it a few times, thought it was pretty cheap.

18. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Personally I don't use it. I'd have no problem with a gentleman's agreement to not use the guess feature.

as for the game plan - dunno. has anybody seen the strip feature to be overpowered and uncounterable? as mentioned you can go conservative, and there are a TON of facemask penalties, and you're easy to get drawn offside.

19. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

yeah we agreed before the game not to use it, so the 1 time i did on accident, next play, let him run for like an 8 yard gain uncontested

20. jfosh

jfosh Super

I think it shouldn't be banned as long as there is a way to counteract it. The computer gets aggressive when its down and I would go to the safe hold the ball.

21. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    When I was playing juggs, I'm sure he used aggressive style most of the time...while he was being called for a ton of penalties, he also forced some fumbles (maybe 2-3)

I'm torn as to how to view the strip thing...because sometimes I'd think it can be overpowering and sometimes it's not. I manually strip the ball so I don't get those penalties called against me.

22. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

I'm always against a ban of anything with the setup we have. I think if we have 12 gentlemen trying to play sim style ball you don't need bans. If it gets out of hand, we need to users, not the features.

And I would urge before any drastic measures that we get a little more gamming under our belt. We've had the game for 2 weeks and 3 days. [/2 cents]

23. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

yeah i definitely did have it on...but i think i misunderstood what it does actually. i was hoping it would cause more fumbles on the pitches, didn't realize that it's actually "ripping" the ball from the ballcarrier, regardless if you grab facemask.

i didn't have anything on agressive vs jms and still got hosed with penalities, so doesn't matter with my team

24. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

there should be a discipline rating. Measuring the players ability to cause penalties or not. Doesnt make sense why MIAMI would get alot of penalties unless you have a really YOUNG team with LOW Awareness. I don't think low awareness is related to higher penalties though.

25. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

we do have a relatively young team...except our o-line that is who got 5 of our 7 penalties yesterday so there goes that theory. Miami has always been a school full of thugs though, so maybe EA just built that in lol