Can you turn off CC/Coach Contracts off in ODs

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Spayer419, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Can you? If so I haven't seen the option in that or in regular dynasty mode. I understand that some people really like having it on, but I think the fact that you could just randomly get a level 22 offensive coordinator is through CC is a breaker for an OD and I would really like to turn CC off

2. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    No, it can't be turned off.

I posted my thoughts about it here. I am curious if anyone else is as disappointed about this as I am though.

3. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

That's really, really disappointing to me. It would be one thing if they made massive alterations to CC this year, but that feature has been untouched since its debut. With schools just randomly getting assistant coaches of various levels I think the coach skill feature is treading "broken" territory for SIM online dynasties

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

If by "various levels" you mean getting an AC that's much better than your HC, then that shouldn't happen. I've read from Ben and Christian that the AC you hire is based on your HC's level so high level HCs get high level ACs and low level HCs get low level ACs.

I haven't paid attention to this in my dynasties, but that's the way it's supposed to happen.

5. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I was a level 8, got assigned a level 15 DC. And I mean assigned, not hired. You have no choice as to who you hire, you simply watch the roulette wheel that is CC and hope for a jackpot

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I guess that's either a bug or Ben/Christian were wrong because that shouldn't happen according to what they said.

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:

Was that DC a former HC or a coordinator?

8. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

What schools were you playing as Spayer? Maybe the level has some connection to school prestige too. If you started as a level 1 coach at a 6 star school I can see them still assigning you a top DC. It might also have to do with what DCs were available and what jobs were available. If yours was the top DC job available, you might have gotten the top DC as a result.

9. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I was at tOSU. It was the Cincinnati DC who became my DC as a level 15 while I was level 10. The following season my DC took a head coaching job elsewhere. The Rice HC was then hired as the DC and he we also a higher level than me

10. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

Just to add to what Spayer had in his Dynasty.. just finished Season 1 with Georgia State (worst team in the game). Record was 7-6, finished 3rd in the Sun Belt and lost bowl game. I finished at HC at Level 5 on Slowest coach progression. My OC/DC were both level 2 and left for other jobs, new OC is level 2 still but my new DC is Level 15. Did not hire him, was assigned him. Kinda annoyed that I am trying to build this team from the ground up and get assigned a high-end DC in Season 2 :rolleyes:. This school obviously isn't an attractive destination so no idea why I got a DC that is 3x better than my HC. He already has 4 coach skills maxed out! My defense sucked last season, so IDK if they are over-compensating now? Hard to believe my school could hire a level 15 DC after it couldn't even hold on to a lvl 2 crappy one..

11. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

smh thats crazy

12. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

HE'S AFTER YOUR JOB!! HE AND THE AD HAVE A HANDSHAKE DEAL FOR HIM TO REPLACE YOU AFTER THIS SEASON! WATCH YOUR BACK!

13. RRAHx2

seriously lol.. hard for a FCS coach to work above Nick Saban.. :confused:

14. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Any idea where that coach was previously or why he left?

15. RRAHx2

No I think he is a 1st-year coach. His career record is 0-0 and his prestige is still D+. Looking at other DC's in the country, I did see that his level 15 is the 8th-highest "Defensive Training Skill Level" in the country, lol. The big schools' DC's had higher prestige grades, but my guys skill level is still higher. So, somehow my little Podunk school landed a DC that is better than the ones at LSU, OU, Mich, UM, etc. Weird.

Even if he is a 1st year coach, it is still crazy for him to have that high of a skill level. Maybe they are saying he is an up-and-coming GREAT DC?

16. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I think it would be a fair idea to put every coordinator's skill level to level 1 prior to starting to an OD. That might mitigate this issue

17. RRAHx2

To follow-up on this: I just finished Season 2 and my Level 15 DC headed to greener pastures and took a job elsewhere. I finished the season at Level 7 HC. My new DC that was brought on is a Level 7 DC. Order has been restored, it would seem.

• Like Like x 2
  18. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Congrats, you foiled his evil plan to usurp you.