Can't Read, Can't Write, Kent State - Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Wick36, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Can't Read, Can't Write, Kent State - Game Summaries

Week 1
    Troy 66 - KSU 31​

The Golden Flashes got off to a very rough start for the 2010 season, receiving a golden shower of their own from the Trojans. The game started off well enough, with the Flashes taken a 14-7 lead in the second quarter. It was all down hill from there, however. With the injury to Jarvis, the Flashes running game was non existent.

The flashes couldn't get the ball moving. Almost all of Keith's passes were off target by large margins, and on the off chance that he hit the intended target, the ball was normally dropped.

The third quarter was when the Trojans went in hard and scored 35 points, expanding their lead to 59-17.

Going into the fourth, the Flashes felt that they could still keep at least a little bit of their dignity in tact after this butt kicking (they were wrong, they have no dignity now) and went on to win the fourth quarter 14-7 despite all of Keith's attempts to throw more interceptions.

At the end of the game, Coach I WicktoriuS I had this to say about to say to his team about their performance, "What the [Bleep] was that?!" He then proceeded to leave the facilities.

After the game, running back Eugene Jarvis was asked about the injury he suffered on his 39 yard run. "Well, I was a little bit tired, so I went over to the sidelines for the rest of the drive. I thought I had a hang nail so I took off my socks and shoes to check it out. It was a bad hang nail, so I'll be out for like 3 weeks." Coach I WicktoriuS I had no comment on Jarvis's injury, but he was visibly upset.

Trojan senior Willard Ross offered this explanation for the opposing quarterback's poor performance, "Maybe he's colorblind? Or he needs glasses?" The only other possible explanation would be that he was throwing (pun intended) the game. You can be certain that a few people will be looking into both matters.

Positives from Kent State
    -They didn't give up 100 points.

Negatives from Kent State

-The defensive line and linebackers got man handled on every play.
    -Eugene Jarvis is out with an injury.
    -Their quarterback can't throw the ball with precision.
    -Their wide receivers have some of the worst hands in the country.
    -Their offensive line refused to block anyone.

Positives from Troy
    -They ran the ball effectively.
    -Their defense made some big plays.
    -After the first half, their passing game moved the ball at will.

Negatives from Troy

-They managed to give up 31 points.
    -Beating KSU without Jarvis is like beating a 4 year old at chess.

What to expect from Kent State for the rest of the year​

If this was any indication of what's to come, you shouldn't expect much. No, I would say that there should really be ZERO expectations for this bunch moving forward. Look for Jarvis to fake another injury when things aren't going well, less blocking from the O-Line (if that's possible), and more points given up by the defense.

When asked by the media if he felt like his team had a shot at beating Boston College next week, Coach I WicktoriuS I said, "Yeah... right." It looks like the Golden Flashes spirits are high right now, and I'm sure everyone is equally excited to see what happens next week!

2. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

Ouch. Thats about all that can be said for that.

3. sreese

sreese Walk On

That was a great read!!! I feel the same way about the aggies of utah st

4. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

wow swamped by troy.. cant wait to see the result against BC :D

5. Wick36

Boston College shouldn't be as bad as Troy.

I just got screwed by the computer basically... probably won't happen again.

Only 1 of those 9 interceptions was really a bad choice of throw.

6. EnvyZero

EnvyZero Walk On

Loled at this headline very funny.

Also Eugene Jarvis's description of his injury is hilarious.

7. Wick36

Week 2 - Kent State 35 - Boston College 20

Believe it or not, this game really was not even close. The Golden Flashes got out to a great start, and dominated the whole game. Had any fans been loyal enough to get out to this game, I'm sure they'd be celebrating.

The game started with Kent getting an interception. It was bittersweet though, as Fabrice Pratt got an earful from Coach I WicktoriuS I when he stepped over onto the sideline. You see, he was actually getting burned by about 20 yards, but the ball was severely under thrown, providing the safety with middle school speed time to recover. Kent State took advantage and scored on their next drive. The first quarter contained a fumble and another interception, allowing the Flashes to go into the second quarter up by a touch down.

The second quarter was fabulous for the Flashes. They were up 28-7 with just a minute and a half left in the game. This is when the Flashes pulled out their trusty self destruct button.

[​IMG]

The secondary got beat on a 54 yard pass, giving up a touch down. Not to be out done, the quarter back with two first names, Spencer Keith, decided that he would do what he could to put Boston College back in the game. First, he threw the ball away just inside the tackle box for an intentional grounding. After that, he threw a pass straight at the middle line backer, then missed a tackle to stop him from getting into the end zone.

Coach I WicktoriuS I was sick of the shenanigans. Reporters sat outside the locker room hoping for another tirade. They were in for a treat. Some of the things said were:

In the second half, the defense played flawlessly, and the offense tacked on another TD.

Flash Stats

Rushing | 12 att : -6 yds : 1 TD
    Passing | 23/54 : 339 yds : 3 TD
    1-13 on Third Down
    Forced 5 Turnovers
    Turned the Ball over three times
    5 Official Drops

Punter Matt Rinehart showed us today that he is the only player worth his Scholarship on the Kent State squad.

He punted 8 times, with a net average of 40.8 yards. 5 of those landed inside the 20 yard line. 4 of those landed inside of the 5 yard line.

Kent State has made us think today that they are not quite the worst team in the NCAA, but they still have plenty of time to confirm our suspicions.

8. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

was bc ranked?

9. Wick36

10. Wick36

Kent State 35 - Miami 7

Kent State dominated this game on both sides of the ball.

The front seven performed well against the run, and abused the line on pass plays. Miami's running back was limited to 3 yards per carry. Miami's quarterback, Zac Dysert, was uncomfortable in the pocket all game. He was held to 8-18 and threw an interception. He was also sacked 3 times.

On the other side of the ball, Kent State was very effective as well. Spencer Keith went 13-19 and threw three touchdown passes. Star tailback Eugene Jarvis averaged over 4 ypc. Tight End Johnathon Simpson was responsible for two of those touchdowns.

The most telling stat may be time of position, which the Golden Flashes won by 11:17.

11. Wick36

Kent State 65 - Akron 14

The scoreline pretty much tells the whole story for this one. Kent State came out ready to play, Akron did not.

Akron couldn't stop the run, allowing them to average 11.6 ypc. When the Golden Flash receivers got the ball in their hands, they refused to be stopped, averaging 27.3 ypc.

Kent State pulled its starters midway through the second quarter, sensing that a blowout was on the horizon.

Kent State returned 3 Interceptions for TDs and picked another one off on a prayer to the endzone.

Kent travels to Toledo next week.