Cap Book Checking - VERY disappointed

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Cap Book Checking - VERY disappointed

I have not heard one peep from any person except the Chiefs owner, who basically said I have his roster spot on. Well, no offense, but I should, since that was my team two weeks ago...

Guys, I have asked for help. Not one board member has posted telling me if anything is wrong, nor any owner other than the new guy for Kansas City. I'm VERY disappointed, and, quite frankly, aggravated that no one wants to take 10-15 minutes to make sure my book is accurate.

Now, I'm tired of asking. CHECK THEM.

2. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Sorry buddy, I thought that mine was checked after I posted my roster in the Ravens thread last week and you said that it was correct. I will check again for you.

3. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Winuvas, I just printed out my roster and these are the numbers that I have after the Scobee/Barnes signing and the kicker I released. The spreadsheet and my roster were pretty off. I am off the next 11 days in a row. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with this. I can not imagine how difficult and frustrating this can be to do for 32 teams.

54 players
    320 pts

Need to add
    FB D. Barnes 74 - 6pts,
    B. Utecht 71 - 6 pts and
    K- J. Scobee - 75 - 6 pts
    WR - L. Moore - 81 - 7 pts
    WR - H. Nicks - 77 - 6 pts
    MLB - J. Vilma 87 - 8 pts
    MLB - E. Henderson 84 - 8 pts
    DT - K. Williams 97 - 15 pts
    CB - A. Ross 81 - 7 pts
    CB - M. Jenkins 75 - 6 pts
    FS - L. Landry 86 - 8 pts

Need to remove

WR D. Mason 88 - 8 pts
    K S. Hauschka 59 - 4pts
    RT - T. Moli - 61 - 4 pts
    LE - T. Pryce - 83 - 7 pts
    LOLB Antwan Barnes - 70 - 6 pts
    MLB Jameel McClain -63 - 4 pts
    MLB Tavares Gooden - 66 - 4 pts
    CB Samari Rolle - 75 - 6 pts
    CB Fabian Washington - 77 - 6 pts
    MLB - Ray Lewis - 97 - 15 pts
    FS Ed Reed - 99 - 15 pts

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Thanks Web. I'll get cracking on it as I get information in from teams.

I apologize if my posts came across as if I was being a dick about it. I waited a week plus for any responses, and the only one I ever heard from was the Chiefs owner on anything. I am frustrated by this lack of engagement considering that we are getting very close to the end of our first season and these books being right are partly my responsibility, but also the owner's responsibility. I went through and checked my team and now have no more issues. I know Nate said on Thursday or Friday of last week he was going to check but heard no more after that.

I realize it's the holiday season (believe me, I work in retail at the wonderful world of BBY), and we're all busy, but at least let me know that you are looking into it and communicate with me.

5. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Didn't come across as a dick at all. I should have had it finished like you asked. I really thought that mine was straight. Let me know if you need any help. I will be around.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I will check mine tonite.

7. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Mine is correct. I checked mine when I told you about the FA WR. on my team that is not on my team since at the start of the season I had apparently forgot to sign him.

I can't believe how many players were added and removed from the Ravens. Who was the Ravens original owner. Holy crap.

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

lol Hey Web, just wanted to let you know that you still have RT Tony Moll (61 ovr) on the EA website. I checked the EA roster versus my current book as of 12/22 and these numbers are for the Ravens:

331 cap
    54 players

Thanks for jumping on this guys. I do appreciate the quick analysis on this.

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Big Reason for Checking Cap Book

The main reason I want all 32 teams to check in for the book is while the playoffs are going on (since I won't be in them) I will go through and double check EA's website against the cap book to make 100% sure that it is accurate. Then I will edit the cap book a bit, adding in some fields for cap hits for all teams (both a field for numeric value of hit and a field for listing what players are causing cap hits, easy to track for all), a field for injured reserve cap hits (and a place to put names of IR people), and modifying the summary tab field to make sure the cap numbers add up accordingly. To do this though I want to make sure I'm working with the most accurate rosters, so that way I spend less time looking at EA's website and more time working on OMFL spreadsheet to make it easier for all owners to use.

Make sense?

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Okay, bumping this to show the importance. So far these owners have checked their books that I remember/corrected. Please post if I miss someone or if you actually check your book:

Vikings
    Jags
    Pats
    Broncos
    Rams
    Chiefs (by JerzeyReign before moving to Rams)
    Bucs
    Panthers
    Ravens (not added to other posts but will be, sorry Web)

I think that covers the teams I know right off hand have updated/posted. Let's get with it people!

11. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I will contact all the owners in my division and see to it that they get this done.

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Thanks a ton Jeremy. I appreciate the help.

13. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

Winuvas, i just checked the capbook and everything is correct!!! for the COWBOYS

14. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Cool deal. I'll have to make a new post with teams that have checked in.