Cap Book Responsibilities - OFFSEASON ONLY

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Okay, I'm assigning guys divisions to do for updating the book this offseason. Since we have to be really quick about this, but accurate, here is the plan:

Colt - You get the NFC and AFC North divisions.
    Dave - You get the NFC and AFC East divisions.
    Dunn - You get the NFC and AFC South divisions.
    Miklos - You get the NFC and AFC West divisions.

You'll notice my name is NOT on this list. Here's why: I will be checking everyone's books after YOU guys get done with them. I am doing this primarily because our cap book team is still very green around this process, and I want them to not be swamped and overwhelmed in this, their busiest time of the year by far. So I will be checking everyone's cap books as you guys say they are done. If there are huge, glaring issues, I'll get with you then via AIM to let you know what needs to be fixed (this message is mainly for Colt and Miklos as the official cap crew) going into next year. I will fix any small and large issues as I see them, whether it's color coding of players or wrong overalls or wrong cap values.

I will have a cap book offline on my laptop that will let me know what 2010 cap book finished at so I can check salaries/bonuses and make sure they stay correct.

Remember, folks: at this time, modifiers will go UP if a player progresses! Once this update for progression/regression is done, the modifiers do NOT move until right before the season (after FA is done). So set modifiers accordingly. Remember, do NOT lower a modifier EVER.

I hope this plan is satisfactory. If any person mentioned above cannot handle that responsibility assigned, speak now before offseason starts. If you can't handle it, I would rather know NOW so I can do it myself (along with checking all books), or so we can get you ready for it. If you tell me while we're doing offseason stuff, trust me, you will NOT like me then. I will be a dick about it if you can't man up and tell me now that you can't handle this responsibility.

Sorry for the rudeness. Let's have a solid offseason and get year 2 rolling right. :)

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I did forget to mention this, but as you finish teams and/or divisions, I would like to be notified in this forum on the board, OR in AIM as soon as possible. Quicker I can check it and put my seal on it, the faster we move through the offseason process and get back to playing ball.

3. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

sounds good

4. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

ok got it

5. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

6. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

7. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

sounds good

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Also, use this thread to keep me updated on what teams/divisions I need to check. Use the @thing that Bada talked about in scheduling stuff to alert me so I can look at it right away.

9. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

@Winuvas just letting u know NFC west is done and i may have moved somethings tryin to get a step ahead if i did i am sorry and it wont happen agian.. just let me know how i did please.. the AFC west will be done tomorrow

10. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

this capbook issue that dunlap is trying to cheat (he always pulls this crap) is getting out of hand. he wants to count merriman as a lb overall and not as the de overall that he has him at because he regressed and to him theres no way of counting. imo thats dead wrong. is there a perfect way ? no, but letting him get a 15 point decrease to lower his overall as to who he has to cut is NOT fair. if merriman went down 2 as a lb, then he goes down 2 as a de. if merriman went up 2 as a lb, the he should go up 2 as a de. period, imo of course. win, this one's on you. i am done with dunlap and want no more arguing with him. thats why hes not on this board any more.

11. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

If we apply this rule for him, it has to be applied for every other team too. TO fix this in the future, we need to treat it like the mofdifier rule, ill explain more in the new thread I am building, but he isnt trying to cheat Nate, he just wanted to be treated liek everyone else, had you sadi, everyone has the same rules, then it would have been the way it is. But he was right, the application for him was different

12. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

another notice to cap guys: maybe I'm the only one who did it, but for players that regress, make sure that there salary stays the same as it was previously. I was just entering the new overalls and the capbook was changing the salaries itself. Of course, for progressing, they will go up. But if they regress, the overall salary and bonus does not go down. Again, you guys may have already been doing this, just thought I'd mention it.

It's easy to check this, too. You just look at the color coded orange players and compare the salary from the capbook to the salary on the final roster in that team's front office season 1 thread.

13. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Cap guys, treat every regressing/progressing player as Nate has mentioned. We assume uppage/downage based on this. Period. If we have position changes in game, then this is how we will handle their overalls. If people with changed players don't like it, then tell them to change them back during offseason so they can get overall relief in the following year.

14. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I will begin checking all cap books this afternoon at 2 pm central time. Anyone done with divisions/teams, please let me know as soon as possible here or via AIM.

15. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

I noticed the salary going down as well and will go back in this afternoon and adjust those back up.

16. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I will be checking these against a cap book I saved offline a week or two ago. It's a bit outdated but will serve its purpose. So if anyone missed this, I will edit it as well.

17. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I'm pretty busy at work today until about 4pm central. Then I'm in full on cap mode. I have already finished Giants, Eagles, Cowboys and Bills up to their progressions/regressions in the cap book, winuvas those are ready to be checked. I haven't entered any of the mandatory cuts yet, actually I haven't even looked at them. I just really wanted to take it one step at a time.

18. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

That's fine. That is all I'm doing as well. Just checking the cap books before mandatory cuts. Then I'll work toward mandatory cuts.

19. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Okay, guys, I have checked out the entire AFC. There are still some teams with issues, but nothing that is your fault. I have done the NFC West ONLY at this time. Probably won't get any more done tonight.

I will try to work on the rest tomorrow after work but can make no guarantees as to my desire to after work tomorrow. Got a HUGE big TV truck coming in and I'm unloading it solo. Woo-hoo.

20. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Wow.

We started offseason less than 48 hours ago as of this post. ALL books are good and accounted for.

To ALL those that worked on the books this offseason, this is phenomenal. You guys did great work. There was very little issues with any books that I saw, and most of it revolved around not locking down salaries when players regressed. I fixed all of those issues.

Colt, Miklos, Dunn, Dave......hats off to you guys. You did great work and I could not have done a better job myself. ESPECIALLY by myself. You guys deserve all the credit for getting it done.