Cap Book

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Cap Book

The cap book will probably not be updated until after the draft. The reason for this is all the trades and stuff that took place within seconds of the offseason starting. Absolutely no time to go in and update progressions for all teams before people start flinging players and draft picks like they are papers being disposed of.

So whatever people say their cap is, I guess we go with. Because until after the draft there is NO way I can check it. I was under the impression that I would have 2-3 days to update progressions. Apparently, it was actually 2-3 minutes. My bad.

2. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I went through and have updated my team so far.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Okay, Claven, my complaint is not with you in particular, but it will sound like it because you are only one to respond.

Quote from offseason thread:

1 - The OMFL Offseason will start as soon as the OMFLBowl is completed. The NEW Salary Cap is 350 (+15 pts)

2 - 3 days after advance to offseason all teams are required to post new cap numbers due to retirements and progresssion/regression. The only players this will not work for is fa's who are signed to their deals. If a fa progresses above their pay rating then a new rating is figured. if a fa regresses below or their rating is not equal their salary (fa's who signed large deals) then their pay stays the same as before. (see rule #27 below)

3 - Immediately after posting your new cap numbers, you must then take an average of your top 20 players on the whole team. You cut one of those players above whatever your average is. You cut two of those guys below whatever your average is. No tags, these players are free agents and may be bid on by your team. Simple-easy-and allows for free agents to be added to the pool without killing teams. Also if a player is cut during the offseason there is no cap hit. This will help guys who are taking new teams are a newbie who had a owner do something to a player they dont like. This gives a loop hole to everyone, but still forces them to stick with their choices throughout the year.

4 - 6 days after advance to offseason (next day after releasing and tagging of players deadline)- free agency open (see rule #6, 9, 9B, 10, 11, & 26)

5 - 10-15 days after advance to offseason (4-9 days after free agency is opened)- We will hold the 1st annual OMFLDraft (see info below)

6 - 3 days after OMFLDraft - Start of season 2. All free agents who are still deciding on deals and all trades not completed must wait until week 2 and are handled like normal regular season fa's and trades

I highlighted number 2. See, when I read number 2, I see three days to post progressions/regressions. Which means, as cap guy, I should have had 2-3 days to get all teams' offseason rosters ready to go.

But NO....you guys, and I mean just about EVERYONE went gung ho and started trading players/picks like they are going out of style. WTF happened to three DAYS????? How am I supposed to keep up with all this crap when we just let trades go roughshod like this? I haven't even gotten a chance to update the NFC's progressions, except my own team (since I haven't made any trades, only cuts).

I'm, quite frankly, frustrated and disappointed. We get trigger happy changing the offseason rules right after the offseason. We then begin trading during a period that, I would think, would not be so. Shouldn't trades have started during free agency? Free agency was to start before draft. Free agency isn't for another 24 hours under the new rules.

Yeah, I'm pissed about this right now. I know this is a busy time for cap books, but you guys (and I mean owners all, not just board members) are making this to the point where I don't want the cap book anymore. Do you guys realize how hard it is to track 32 teams' worth of movements, fix the cap book, and keep up with my own team and possibly trying to improve it? I can't fix my own damn team keeping up with the other 31. Which is why I won't be any better next year. It's ridiculous.

If you don't like what I have to say about this, fine. But I needed to say it, cause it's true.

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

wow. then pass it to someone else dude? why the hell is everyone falling apart here? all we have to do winuvas is pass it to the board and lets all help you with it. whats wrong with that? there are no 'new' rules. i didnt change crap dude. its the exact same thing we discussed. we never talked about holding trades off, but we can if you want us too. instead of ranting and raving, just tell me what you want and need and lets do this all together man! I am so very disappointed in this team man. Everyone pissed off and flying off and NO ONE is wanting to work together and work things out. IMO all post should have been done like mine where they use your old cap book to find out the progression of their team and post it. If you want it that way i'll make sure they are done that way. if you dont want it that way then please tell me what you want and i'll make it happen man.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Here's the problem with just posting a new cap after progression/regression:

You actually did it pretty well, Nate. If everyone had posted like you did, it might be better. However, I was going through EA's website and logging each position, each team. I got all the AFC done before we changed all the offseason rules. Then, with new rules, came new cuts, and since we're in offseason mode, I don't think anyone can add players back. Not even commish.

So that means that on top of updating everyone's overalls in the book, I now have to keep up with cuts that didn't take place, but have in EA's website/online franchise. And then heap trades on top of that...And watching 32 teams....and finding time in amongst all that to TRY to improve my team? Yeah...

I don't think the cap book was this hard in year 1 with all the free agent signings. The big pain is trying to update overalls while other people are steadily working deals and trading players and cutting below roster minimums.

6. natedawg212000

well it looks like winuvas has quit, board if falling apart, and owners are pissed. pretty pathetic that you guys fall apart in the first offseason without giving time for growing pains. guess we should just call it quits and all move to mega. i am done...

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I respectfully ask that we institute a "dead period" for 2-3 days after the draft. Everyone gets their players signed as rookies/trades, then let me catch up and get the cap book updated. Then, I can get the cap numbers up and see if anyone is over the cap and that gives owners time to get their caps in order if they are off.

8. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Have we folded?

9. natedawg212000

no. came very close today. i am still upset at how this board has reacted towards each other. i've gotta hit the hay but in the AM I will be putting this trade rule into effect, figuring out how to fix this cap book, figuring out if we need a new bucs owner or not, and figuring out whats left to be done.

10. Jeremy

I can work the cap book tonite..I will see what I can do

11. Jeremy

Is free agency open?

12. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

idk i saw the posts im wonderin myself

13. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Okay....

First off, the cap book can be fixed after the draft if we have active owners that are actually updating their caps themselves as they are supposed to. If given a timeframe of a day or two to work on, it won't be that long to fix.

Second, I posted a few things in various areas on the board Sunday afternoon. That trade idea I talked about? Nix it. Forget it. Dead issue. Don't change anything about trading right now, Nate.

Third, I overreacted. What else is new, I know... I am one of the causes of these issues we've had (or at least I poured fuel on the fire) and I personally want to try to fix it, which means that, unless you guys want me gone, I will stay as Bucs owner and capologist.

I just got done last night watching my team get to the Super Bowl. I want to be happy about football in general, which means be happy here. That is what I started working on yesterday, and I hope that goodwill may continue.

14. Jeremy

Not a knock on anyone else but I just do not know it this league could survive without you taking a major role in it, winuvas.

Hectic part of the season and I too am stressed with work and especially the last two weeks of praying our boys give us a Black & Gold Super Bowl!!!

Lets get this draft and free agency behind us and start having fun with our teams and trying to be next years OMFL Bowl Champs!!!!!!!!!