Cap Guys - IMPORTANT!!!!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Okay, I have already seen a lot of issues with cap books. Most of them revolve around formulas being deleted.

Guys, the cap book does NOT work if you delete formulas. And formulas are deleted if you manually enter numbers. Use the copy/paste function where possible for getting formulas to work in other areas.

If you are not comfy with/don't understand Excel or Open Office, please get with me after the season starts. I can't help you learn the system if you don't tell me.

To those guys that I may be "calling out", I know all of you are new to the cap book, and I am sorry we didn't get more time to get you acclimated. That is my fault and I am reaping the reward now by checking cap books and seeing lots of errors that could have been stopped with some simple lessons on my part. I set you guys up to fail.

Another thing: We have to keep up with free agency threads of teams. I had to fix a lot of Pittsburgh's FA signees that were not on the cap book yet. Also the Ravens.

During the season, we only have 2 cap guys, but during the offseason, PLEASE stick with assigned divisions. If someone falls behind in updating, they need to tell ME so I can take care of it.

Remember, guys, we have to COMMUNICATE with each other and let each other know about falling behind/inability to get stuff done. We can't win if we aren't playing together.

This is my baby. I am ultimately responsible for the success/failure of this cap book idea. I know Coltjames and Miklos are the cap guys, but as the designer it is MY baby to make sure it runs smoothly. So if there are any issues, I need to know as soon as possible.

Right now we have multiple teams over cap due to modifiers going up on players. Most are easily fixed (a player or two cut down), but some will be a lot worse. Guys, get ready for massive bitching about this. Guys did NOT plan on modifier changes (even though Nate made a post a couple of days ago) and are getting screwed a bit.

If they bitch, tell them this is part of the process and that next year they need to plan better.

Any questions/issues that need my opinion on it, please text me at (251) 654-3913.

2. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Sorry win you are right thanks for being there...

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Additional: Starting with the AFC East (Miami Dolphins tab), I am NOT changing anything if I don't see a cap guy as the last poster. This will let me know that all trades/free agents are processed and ready for me to check.

So for guys that want to play tonight, they are shit out of luck. Until I check the book, NOBODY PLAYS.

4. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Everyone should be good to go now. i stepped on some toes with divisions but it needed to get done so we can move. With everyone that helped tonight win, bada and dunn thank -u

5. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

James nice job by you man...

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Just make sure we keep communicating about the cap book. If anyone doing cap stuff has any issues, talk to each other and/or me and let's make sure we are all on the same page.

I had to say the same thing multiple times to Wajy. I don't know there is a problem or issue if no one tells me. After the offseason, this is YOUR ship to steer.