CAP MONSTERS of 2015

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by Michael Overman, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

CAP MONSTERS of 2015

In this segment we will take a look at every team's highest paid player on the books for 2015

-Are they worth this much money?

-Is it the team's best player or not?

-Is this player a candidate to be released?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(the money is cap hit during this season -2015 - in Millions)

Bears- 12.96 Jay Cutler- It's not surprising to see the QB at the top of Chicago's list. He is the leader and is paid like one. Zikry

Bengals- 12.54 AJ Green- He is the most talented player on the Bengals, so it is justified to see him atop the Bengals list. CTfromDC

Bills- 18.38 Cam Newton- This man has many talents and is getting better and better (not wins wise). This diverse QB better start living up to salary expectations.

Broncos- 10.06 Ryan Clady- This is not that high of a number for a book end tackle. I thought i might see Von Miller on this list. Phenom

Browns- 12.00 Joe Williams- The Browns have plugged and played OT Joe Thomas since drafting him. He is a solid dependable vet, and his salary is right on par. dablakpope

Bucs- 15.00 Darrelle Revis- "Pay that man his money" John Malkovich in Rounders. The Bucs are paying steeply for this loud mouthed CB. Jeremy

Cardinals- 15.21 Larry Fitzgerald- No surprise here. Easily a top 5 WR, and a dependable player. His salary is high, but probably worth it. Miki1369

Chargers- 20.00 Phillip Rivers- When any NFL player is clearing 20+ million a year, that will take a toll on the team. There is no doubt that Rivers is a solid QB though. KNICKSFAN_84

Chiefs- 13.00 Brandon Flowers- Flowers is 2 million away from Revis Money. I hope he plays like it. redlishus

Colts- 12.69 Denarius Moore- A team fairly stingy on the cap splurged in Free Agency and gave WR D.Moore 40 Million is bonus money. His cap hit is double the next person on Indy's cap list. thafuture3886

Cowboys- 12.61 DeMarcus Ware- Where or Where can Ware be. Right at the top of the list as I'd expect. I think the Cowboys are getting a steal only paying Ware 12.61 on the year. CaptMoe

Dolphins- 11.52 Mike Wallace - A pretty fair price for such a dynamic WR. DJDunn6

Eagles- 14.00 DeMeco Ryans- Way to much money for this guy. This is his last year of his contract...you can tell. Coach KO

Falcons- 16.98 Matt Ryan- Matty Ice...chillin' with millions...rightly so. MrWitness36

49ers- 10.00 Vernon Davis- One of the best TE's making booku bucks. I expected to see a defensive player on this list...Like Patrick Willis. Ninersfan80

Giants- 23.00 Eli Manning- It is the highest number I've come across yet. Ouch. cry_havoc

Jaguars- 11.22 Justin Rogers- Former Bill...taking the spot of highest paid player in Jacksonville...impressive...and weird. How do Vince Wilfork, Russell Okung, or MJD not make more money then Justin Rogers. CHUNKNESS

Jets- 11.50 Santonio Holmes- I think this is too much money, but he has been a difference make so who am I to say otherwise. klaximilian

Lions- 17.06 Calvin Johnson- Megatron makes mega bucks...but he is worth every penny. I'm sure Heathh must think all GA Tech players are better then all UGA players just b/c of this individual. I'm sure of it. heathh

Packers- 22.00 Aaron Rodgers- There is no discount and you can double check this price. I'd rather pay Aaron 22 Mill, then paying Eli 23 Mill ... I can tell you that. CSteud

Panthers- 14.40 Charles Johnson- The Panthers had to overpay on his initial contract...he has two years left on that big pay day contract. VinfortheWin

Patriots- 14.00 Tom Brady- Highest number for a backup QB in history. PepperNY

Raiders- 19.40 Terrelle Pryor- Somewhere...Cam Newton wants more money. I hope he doesn't read this article. Hulk_hagen_55

Rams- 20.48 Sam Bradford- This is Sam's second contract...hence the big money and 5 years left on a 5 year contract. Easy Dez It

Ravens- 19.00 Joe Flacco- Can't argue with this price for this strong armed QB. Josh Barnes

Redskins- 11.79 T. Williams- RGIII has one more year...then this spot is his...permanently. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Saints- 22.00 Drew Brees- The Saints know who their leader is. It's Drew Brees. Pay the Man. pittrocks43

Seahawks- 9.34 Percy Harvin- This is getting off easy. Players like Richard Sherman and Patrick Peterson...should be at the top of this list. The fact that they aren't is scary. LtJustice

Steelers- 17.97 Big Ben- Big Ben is married to two people: His Wife and the Steelers. AveryB

Texans- 11.51 Peyton Manning- Father Time is best friends with Peyton Manning. The salary isn't too bad at all. saintsdave75

Titans- 10.50 Chris Johnson- Workout Warrior is making a salary that is pretty decent considering his skill set. ThaBayouChef

Vikings- 20.00 Adrian Peterson- If AP was making 25 MILL a year, i'd still think it was a fair price. Juan Valencia

Teams paying ONE player more then 20 million in 2015:

Chargers - Phillip Rivers (20 Million)

Giants - Eli Manning (23 Million)

Packers - Aaron Rodgers (22 Million)

Rams - Sam Bradford (20.48 Million)

Saints - Drew Brees (22 Million)

ONLY NON QUARTERBACK ON THE LIST:

Vikings - Adrian Peterson (20 Million)

Most overpaid players on the list:

Jaguars - Justin Rogers (11.22 Million )

[​IMG]

Raiders - Terrelle Pryor (19 Million )

[​IMG]

Best Value Players:

Bengals - AJ Green (12.54 Million)

[​IMG]

Seahawks - Percy Harvin (9.3 Million)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

• Like Like x 1
  3. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Awesome!

It's worth noting that Holmes has agreed to stay with the Jets through 2018 for a reduced salary. Almost halved.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Will Production be almost halved too?:nailbiting:

5. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Not likely. Holmes has been permanently moved into the #1 WR role as of yesterday. It's time to get rowdy on offense...

6. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Great job..

Revis and his league leading 9 Ints say he is worth every penny!!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I'll agree with this.

Any for being the best CB in the league, he's not that loud. He should actually talk more.

8. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Good stuff man!

9. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Nice write up

• Like Like x 1
  10. AveryB

AveryB Walk On

(y)(y)(y)(y)

• Like Like x 1
  11. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

Good work bro

• Like Like x 1
  12. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Nice stuff

• Like Like x 1
  13. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

Nice job Mr. Overman!

• Like Like x 1
  14. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

You know you wish you still had him... ;)

Good stuff Michael!

• Like Like x 1
  15. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Well done Michael!

I definitely consider Harvin a bargain, as I feel like he is truly an elite receiver (in this game ;) ). Got some big contracts kicking in next year though :nailbiting:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

keep in mind Terrelles salary is actually the Franchise tag. he was locked up long term shortly after negotiations started back up

• Like Like x 1
  17. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

nice...

• Like Like x 1
  18. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Great read. It would cost us more to cut Brady then it would to keep him. So we are stuck until he retires

• Like Like x 2
  19. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On