Cap Space/Resigning Question

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by fuzzyl0gic, Oct 28, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I entered each of my player's 2014 cap hit into a spread sheet and summed them up. I checked each value three times to make sure it was correct. The total sum I got, plus the 3.93M 2014 cap penalties I've incurred thus far, equals 134.13M.

I really wanted to resign a OLB, but it told me I didn't have the cap space to do it. When I try to resign guys, it says I only have 190K in free space. I noticed the cap increased from 120 --> 130M from season one to two. I'm assuming it increases to 140M in season three? The only thing I can figure out is that it's also subtracting the rookie reserve from my 2014 cap, hence only 190K being free. Is this the case?

Keller I know you've been through multiple seasons, any idea if this is the case? If so, I thought I'd share this information with you guys. It'll help you better plan future resignings.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I have not been real in depth in the salary cap. I'm always like 30mil under.

3. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I noticed that at season 1 they kept my rookie reserves estimated and I was working with limited cap space due to it. I ended up not using all the reserves they set out for me, but it wouldnt allow me to sign players due to its potential.