Cap Workbook

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Oct 8, 2009.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Cap Workbook

I will attach...10.8.09

2. natedawg212000

Ok, this is the cap workbook from 4th1. I just downloaded it to have. It's all set up, we just have to physically redo it with the names and numbers to refigure everyones cap and then just keep it updated throughout the season.

Understand how this works?

---
    Sav
    Didnt josh make that...i dont know how to update it or anything....

---
    Nate
    he did. its easy, you d/l, post that you have it checked out, and do a team, or division, or a conference by putting in the players name, and points. it does all the figuring for us.

I couldn't get Josh or 3/4 to give me an answer for joining the league though.

3. natedawg212000

here let me try uploading again:
    figured it out. I had to zip it! It's in XL format though! Open office allows you to save it that way.
    I love my mac!

Attached Files:

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Hey Nate I am now able to get into the board area. I downloaded the cap workbook file and it is WORLDS better than I could have done. I'll start working on AFC teams between tonight and tomorrow after work.

5. natedawg212000

sweet! ill start tomorrow on NFC!

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Give me enough time and I might do NFC tonight too. This is lot easier than I thought and done 3 teams in about 15 minutes. If I do I'll let you know.

Question though: When I'm done should I save it as excel and zip it back here? Or what?

7. natedawg212000

yes, do that.

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Got all of AFC West and all but Jags done in AFC South. Too tired to continue and not make mistakes. Will finish up tomorrow and attach AFC sheet in the afternoon.

Let me know if I need to do anything else.

9. natedawg212000

ah you should have attached it before bed, that way while your at work i could have worked on it.

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Hey Nate just work on the NFC and attach that to the site and I'll take it and redo the AFC. Didn't take me long to do what I did, so doing it again won't be a big deal. Tried to post it before I left for work today but I didn't have winzip, then by the time I downloaded it and installed it and compressed the file, the file was too big and I had to go.

Sorry.

11. natedawg212000

as of right now bud, my ps3 is down. So just do your thing. I may have to get someone else to host up the franny because my ps3 wont read disc. was working fine and then last night had a disc read error and now it wont read them. I am doing a full reinstall and hopefully that will work.

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Is it with any disc, or just madden? Try DVD movies (regular), blu-ray movie (if ya got one), and then another game, as well as a CD. I have heard some issues with the readers going bad. I hope that isn't the case here.

13. natedawg212000

it wont read a regular movie or ps3 game. I don't have a blueray.

14. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Sounds like your drive has kicked the bucket. That sucks dude. I would suggest just getting one of the new ones but I know that money is tight, would save you the headache.

15. natedawg212000

well the fix is free, I just called and will have to send this stupid thing back. I may try to talk the wife into letting me get a new one. Donno, guess I'll find out tonight LOL.
    If not then I need to get you or sav to host up a new franchise.

16. natedawg212000

sweet news. i am going to sell this one for what it cost the first time to fix (150) and going to get me a new one tonight!

17. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I think Sav would be a better choice to host. I'm still learning the ropes. Any idea on timeframe of when they fix/get back to you?

18. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

SWEET. Congrats!

19. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

On the cap books:

I will wait a bit to do cap books until we decide for sure whether or not we will use the new roster update. That way I can easily transfer information and get it situated. It shouldn't take me long to get them updated once the rosters are up on EA's website, probably an hour or two to go through and change names/values and what not.

Figure it is pointless to work on it and get it set for these rosters if we change rosters. Know what I mean?

20. natedawg212000

I just walked in with a new slim and a surround sound.

21. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Very nice! Congrats again! Glad to see you won't have to give up the commish chair.

22. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Just wanted to update that I am using the rosters as they are now on the EA franchise website and updating the cap sheet. Started from scratch so I can add in formulas where needed and whatnot. Started about 20 minutes ago and got the AFC West plus one other team done. Should be finished up in about an hour or two then I'll try to zip it up to put back up here.

UPDATE: All teams done. See reply below.

23. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Finished the file as of EA website as of today.

Attached Files:

24. natedawg212000

thats sweet! I am starting the franchise. I will d/l this and update with all necessary changes that are different from our actual franchise! Great job bobby!

25. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Somethings squirrely...You have me(Vikings) with 53 players at 304..There is only 50 players listed on you cap workbook sheet..The cap point value is correct but number of players is wrong..should only be 50

I will double chack a couple more random teams to see if isolated incident or not..

dont know if this is the prob or not but in the list of players there is a line that has the word false written in it..maybe the formula is taking that into account as an extra players.

Edit: It is not isolated just counted NY Giants and number is off by 4...there are 4 of the "false" written in the players list..that is prob the problem