Capital One Bowl Winners!!!

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hellisan, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Feb 10, 2009
    Screw the BCS Championship, we won the Capital One Bowl!!!

This will be a half-assed writeup because the servers are down and I won't have much time tomorrow, if any.

First of all Coach_III admitted he didn't play that well but holy crap his team let him down too. We struggled on offense at the beginning but got some momentum from a couple of turnovers (interceptions) and were able to take an early 21-0 lead before halftime. We seemed to be reading their 4-2-5 defense well and on offense their spread attack just wasn't doing much. It's the kind of thing that has the Ohio State coach thinking of firing his offensive and defensive coordinator and bringing in a 3-4 DC and a pro style OC. They seemed to drop about half the passes that Coach would have connected on. They eventually started missing tackles and lost their gap assignments late in the game as we were able to run the clock down... They are tough against the run but we finally got to them.

The play of the game was when the game was already in hand (for the most part) and we had run a few times in a row, play action and the TE was wide open for the nail in the coffin.

We have a couple of SICK receivers next season if we can get Gavin Fine to return (will be tough duty). Jeff Washington (TE) is a monster, game in and game out.

GG Coach, i know it was probably a frustrating one, I just had one exactly like it last week.