Cardinals 38 @ Rams 44 OT

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BRUCE80, Aug 28, 2010.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Feb 11, 2009
    Cardinals 38 @ Rams 44 OT

This game had zero D....

Rams started out hot on two nice drives one after the KO and another after a three and out by the Cards.

Then a pick by Fletcher the first of two on the day led to a FG and the Rams led 17-0 early second qtr.

The Cards took over and moved up and down the field got some stops and took the lead 21-17 on a pick six.

The Rams kept throwing, the Cards kept throwing...

In the end it was tied at 38 and we had driven down to the cards 15 yard line or so.

One of the best kickers in the league then shanked a FG and onto overtime we went.

The teams started to play a little D finally in OT with both teams having two stops.

The Cards got a third stop but were pinned by a punt inside the ten.

Rams SS Payne jumped an out route and three plays later Jackson sealed it with a TD run.

No way were we kicking another sad that its such a crap shoot.

Rams win the opener 44-38.

Sam Bradford throws for 430 yds 4 tds and 2 picks.

Jackson runs for 87 yds and scored two rushing tds and one rec td.

GG Frisk...well played sir...lets hope this game isnt a sign of things to come for our D's.

Of note were two serious injuries to Cardinal players Dockett and SS Wilson.

One will miss 8 weeks and the other 9 i believe, with a broken collarbone and a dislocated hip!! ouch..
  2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Oct 8, 2009
    Great Game Bruce! I don't feel bad about losing at all, especially since you should have drilled that 20 yard FG with 1 second on the clock. Hopefully either we are just really good at passing and not absolutely terrible at pass defense haha.
  3. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Mar 5, 2010
    Oh god, maybe I am headed for the basement of nfc west.