Cardinals make bold deadline move

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by publik drunk, Jan 30, 2016.

1. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

The Arizona Cardinals have reached a deal with the Pittsburgh Steelers to aquire super star wr Antonio Brown.
    The Cardinals would be sending 2019 1st RD pick (Eagles), 2019 3rd RD pick (Eagles), and their 2020 2nd RD pick to Pittsburgh. The Cardinals couldn't resist bringing in Brown to mentor sophmore standout J.T. Patton. After the trade was finalized rumors have already swirled that John Brown left the team facility early today after cleaning out his locker. Owner/GM Collins was unavailable for an interview, but did release the following statement through his publicist:

"When it became relevant that the Steelers were going to trade Antonio Brown, I knew we had to act. Brown is a champion and his leadership on and off the field will contribute to immediate success. This team started the season with one goal in mind, a Super Bowl championship, and this move is one of many steps we have taken to try and accomplish that goal."

Will this be the move that sends Arizona to the promise land? We should find out soon as they enter a tough stretch of games that will define their season.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  2. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Be interesting to see if this was the missing piece to the puzzle.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Why trade Brown at this point? I dont get it

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Brown going to Arizona makes little sense... You think other WR hungry teams would have pounced on this opportunity...

5. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

AB or John Brown? AB is in last year of his contract and wants big money. I probably could afford him but I have some guys waiting in the wings that I think can step in just fine for him. As well as a beastly TE that I haven't utilized enough because of Brown. Just a little adjustment of playcalling and we will be just fine. Also needed to get back a couple of draft picks to make a push for the last few seasons.