Carmello finally traded to Knicks

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by PepperNY, Feb 21, 2011.

1. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

[​IMG]

The New York Knicks have acquired Carmelo Anthony, sources told ESPN The Magazine's senior writer Chris Broussard on Monday night.
    The swap is a three-way deal including Minnesota, a league source told Broussard.
    As a part of the deal, Denver will get Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, the Knicks' 2014 first-round draft pick, the Warriors' 2012 second-round pick, the Warriors' 2013 second-round pick and $3 million in cash while Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and Renaldo Balkman will head to New York, according to the Denver Post.

Finally the Mello drama is over. I'm very excited for the Knicks future with Carmello and Amare. I realize they probably wont be ready to compete for the championship till they get a few more pieces but things are looking up in NY

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

If this is true, the Knicks are idiots and they can't blame Isaih Thomas this time. Great deal for the Nuggets.

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

It's a good deal for the Knicks. They just upgraded the starting PG and SF spot, got a couple of nice role players and gave up a couple starters that aren't as good as the ones coming in, an unused PF, a Russian rookie center that gets about 4 points and 3 boards a game and they got rid of Eddy Curry and his personal chef.

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I think this was a great move by the Knicks. A few things to keep in mind (no, I'm not a Knicks fan - I'm a Bulls fan that barely watches the NBA):

1) The Knicks are barely .500 with the scrubs they used to have
    2) Chandler and Melo play the same position, Chandler would have been out anyway if they signed Melo as a FA
    3) Felton would have been out if the Knicks can follow through with their plan to get either Chris Paul or Darren Williams
    4) Mozgov sucks

In my opinion, the Knicks are better now than they were before the trade. It is still a stepping stone though, as they need to definitely make a huge run at Paul or Williams in the offseason. All of THAT hinges upon the CBA that runs out this summer.

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

AND the Knicks got to keep Fields, potentially the player with the most upside outside of Amare. People were trying to make a case for Gallo to be that guy, but I just don't see it. Okay, so I do watch some NBA... but not a Knicks fan. All sports talk radio in NY right now is MELO MELO MELO yankees MELO MELO MELO mets sucking MELO MELO MELO

6. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

Coming from a Denver fan I'm glad he's gone, been nothing but a distraction this whole season, sad see Billups go though.

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Knicks just became one of the top teams in the east

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

One day somebody will post basketball news in the basketball section so we can get some movement down there... thanks for taking the biggest story and putting it up here... smh

@Hova: Top team in the East? Your kiddin' right? Just a friendly reminder of who's in the East: Boston, Orlando, Miami, Chicago and Atlanta.... New York is not ready for the 'Beast' right now... we're good again out here on the East coast... the power has shifted:)

9. Hova

Boston, Chicago, and Orlando are better maybe. Nobody believes miami, Amare is going to destroy bosh like always and now they have somebody who can score with lebron and dwade. Atlanta will lose in the first round like always.

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Like always? Put Beyonce down for a bit and think bruh. New York is a bigger threat than Miami? Defense wins basketball games. Last time I checked neither Amare, Melo, nor D'Antoni are amazing defensive minded players/coach. Defense wins in the playoffs. If offense won basketball games the Suns would have 2-3 titles by now. The top five teams in the East ALL play defense. The Knicks just traded away damn near all the players that are actually worth a damn on their squad. Good starting five? Yeah, of course. Depth? I could piss a puddle deeper than that shallow shit they'll call a bench.

They'll be good but nobody in the East will fear them this season. Believe Dat!

11. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I agree with Jerz for a select few times

12. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    THe Knicks pulled a move that they want their fans to believe will set them up for getting a great free agent in a couple summers. Damn I know I have heard this before. I love watching Melo score but to give up so much makes me scratch my head. I want the Knicks to be good b/c I hate Boston (minus Ray Allen) and Miami so much. I was hoping they were some how going to get the T-Wolves to include Ricky Rubio in the deal so they would have a point that can get out and run b/c Billups legs wont hold up to that night in and night out.

13. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

With $40 million committed to two guys the knicks better pray the new CBA doesn't have a significantly lower cap figure with a true hard salary cap (both of which have been rumored).

14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Their contracts will be 'grandfathered' in so it won't matter. @Suge: Rubio? Who's that? Are you talking about that kid that only wants to play for a winner but can't knock down a 20 foot jumpshot?

15. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

As a Knicks fan, let me make a couple things clear:
    We did NOT upgrade at PG. Felton was looking GREAT this year, and Billups is 10 years or so older.
    Including Wilson Chandler in the deal doesn't matter because he would not have been retained anyway.
    Mozgov is nothing. He was only in the rotation recently for the purpose of showcasing him.
    Keeping Landry Fields is perhaps the biggest victory of this deal.
    Gallo I will truly miss, but he plays the SF position like Melo. Who is better? Melo is.
    We will not be able to sign CP3, Dwight Howard, or Deron Williams to max deals with the new CBA.
    I think the Knicks come out slight winners in this trade.

16. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    @Jerzey yep. He is a European player that is best suited for the Dantoni push it up the floor and let it fly offense. B/c in '12 Derron Williams and Chris Paul will be so heavily pursued I doubt either will be in NY unless other teams are scared off by Pauls knees.

17. Hova

We'll see when the playoffs come

18. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I'm just finally glad this is done.

19. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

When does the NFL draft combine start?

20. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On